Moderator: Moderators

dualceleron

Questions about God...

Post #1

Post by dualceleron »

Hi everyone,

I came across this on the web:

http://uqconnect.net/slsoc/bsq/budchr4.htm

I found the arguments there hard to refute. Can some Christian brothers and sisters help me refute the arguments there?

dualceleron

Post #31

Post by dualceleron »

Guys, please keep this on topic! The post is about whether if you can refute the claims about God made in the article in the orginal post. The claims include the God being imperfect, revengeful, has a tendency to kill people just becuz he's mad, etc..

So please keep this on topic!

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: Goodbye to You for now, Suzanne.

Post #32

Post by Suzanne »

melikio wrote:"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God."

Yes, that is my signature.

And now Ms. "CAPS" Lady, I leave you with that thought.

I'm not going to interact anymore with hostile people, or those who intend to be.

Interact with Hostile People??? or those who intend to be??

IF being honest and just be who a person is. Is what you consider being HOSTILE...... because You do not happen to agree with what is being said??? about OUR FAITH .. IN what has been written .. then you really need help with something not sure what it is EXCEPT to accept people because they are HUMAN BEINGS with FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND FAITHS AND THOUGHTS about GOD , JESUS CHRIST, AND OUR HISTORY that may be different then yours.

I have in the past been told to never discuss RELIGIOUS beliefs and POLITICS because these are personal matters and NONE AGREE and so FIGHTS will always be the PRODUCT OF DISCUSSING THEM.

HOW STUPID is this?? the most IMPORTANT SUBJECTS FOR ANY CIVILIZED PEOPLE. and we are not to DISCUSS them. ONE BEING and haveing the ability to reason together about OUR DIVERSE religiosity beliefs?? and the other having to do with having a free and good government that REQUIRES RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MORAL RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE to work for the people that afterall ELECT THEM.. which RIGHTEOUSNESS is taught in the very BIBLE THAT none want to DISCUSS OR ADMIT MAYBE just MAYBE have some INFORMATION THAT would make for better relationships between people including of all PEOPLES INSTEAD OF just those that agree .. or disagree BUT AT LEAST understand LOVE . as you have already piointed out is most IMPORTANT TO YOU right??

And just because you have the Bible or religion backing your obvious hostility, doesn't make it any better or more helpful.

pardon me but being a CHRISTIAN.. is a BELIEF IN ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, and ONE BAPTISM. and that then being a belief in the GOSPEL of the Life death buriel and resurrection of Jesus the RISEN Christ that has and did come in the flesh to save you and me and the WORLD!!!! not just some of us but all of us. I do not believe in Buddah THE RELIGIOUS belief of BUDDISM, as being my savior, Nor Mohammand RELIGIOUS BELIEF OF ISLAM, being my Savior. WHAT I DO believe in is the JUDEO/CHRISTIANITY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, and THE NEW TESTAMENT and THE BOOK OF REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF GOD that DIED FOR ME YOU AND THE WORLD SO THAT MEN AND WOMAN THAT ARE SINNERS COULD BE AND MIGHT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENTER INTO HIS KINGDOM ..

Now if that is so foreign and not a truth for you . I am truly sorry for you as a person who cares very much about what people do believe is a TRUTH OF GOD , THE FATHER, THE SON, and THE HOLY SPIRIT.. then I am very sad for any one that has not believed cannot believe and will not even consider that WE AS CHRISTIANS MAY VERY WELL KNOW exactly what we are talking about and believing..

I also find it very odd that down through all the ages and generations of time that so many CHRISTIANS HAVE DIED for the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST if they did not have proof of His reality and truth of what has been written about Him.. I also find it very odd that a Country such as AMERICA. that STAND and work FOR PEACE for Jerusalem . and STAND for our friends and brothers the JEWISH PEOPLE of ISRAEL. that is after all written of in the HOLY BIBLE even the prophecy of HE CAME TO HIS OWN and they DENIED HIM. and FOR me THAT means THAT I ALSO can be saved BY THE very GRACE of GOD because of THEIR DENIAL. FOR WE AND the JEW HAVE the SAME GOD!! For God is the God OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC, and JACOB. THAT is OUR JUDEO/ CHRISTIANITY BOND WITH THE JEWISH PEOPLE, AS AMERICANS. AND CHRISTIANS. BELIEVERS IN THE GOSPEL. that CONSISTS of the HOLY BIBLE BOOK OF BOOKS..

Of which in Revelation it even mentions "The BOOK'S were opened. AND ANOTHER BOOK was opened. THE BOOK OF LIFE. what do we as Christians call this BOOK of BOOKS??? it is called THE BOOK OF LIFE! why??

because it teaches us as mankind HOW to live, be Happy and have abundence and PEACE in this world we are living in.. and you talk abot LIVING BY FAITH????

I am very sorry But most people have absolutely no idea what it means to live BY faith. in this GOD . that has GIVEN all HE HAD to GIVE that you and I and all might have this LIFE to begin with..

This Mel I find very sad. that you find all the Blood that has been shed by those whom have died rather then deny what they KNOW IS TRUTH . you think and believe it was all for naught and in vain.. HOW sad for you and all that will yet die andshed blood all for peace TO COME TO JERUSALEM , and the MIDDLE EAST .. as a whole..

WE as Christians do PRAY for the pEACE of JERUSALEM. and WE also are THOSE that are at the head OF WANTING PEACE even to this day FOR JERUSALEM..... and the people in the middle east. WHY??

because IF PEACE is not to COME SOON??? between IRAC, IRAN, the Palistinians, and all those that are against the JEWISH PEOPLE OF AND NAMED ISRAEL having been RENAMED THIS BY GOD from the name of JACOB,, the Son of Isaac whom was the PROMISED SEED of ABRAHAM and SARAH..

There is going to be a war to end all war forever . because if that war comes . World War III cming against america and the Jewish people.. all For the rulership of Jerusalem??? and the INIHILATION and DEATH TO ALL JEWISH PEOPLE AS it has already been made so very clear.. by all those that have such HATRED that death to the JEW is all they can think about and work toward .. THIS is the terrorist we face. they neither can reason or want to reason with anyone at all FOR PEACE. because PEACE means to let ISRAEL HAVE their land that GOD HAS ordained them to have. not being satisfied with what GOD has already said they can have. .. NO THEY WANT IT ALL >> INCLUDING WORLD RULE and that is a DICTATORSHIP that will never come to pass. FOR one reason because GOD is not going to ever let the CITY OF JERUSALEM be taken by any one for it is ISRAELS>> and GOD HAS SAID SO.. BUT EVEN THE ISLAMIC TERRORIST WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THIS TRUTH. So Mel that being the case and truth,....

IRAN is not going to give up without a fight UNLESS someone intervenes to make sure they do not force ISRAEL into a STRIKE OR worse AMERICA does it. EITHER WAY IRAN is going to be the looser but in the end we ll very well could be we all end up loosing more then we ever dreamed or believed we would. BECAUSE none know truth of what GOD has already had written..

DO I worry about this NO!!!! why??? BECAUSE I KNOW the ENDING. and NOTHING WILL stop GODS ORDAINED word about this TRUTH ABOUT HIS PEOPLE.

So faith yes I have faith. and I thank God I have believed do believe and NONE CAN take that away from me . they can kill me for it, they can hate me for it, they can not like it . or me. because of it. BUT this is also a truth all that hate we whom have believed do believe and will believe also hate the FATHER IN HEAVEN .. I DO NOT HATE a FATHER IN HEAVEN that I KNOW has given me this life, I now live and I will have in the age to come.

You see, I could indeed reciporcate or put up shields (verbally) to much of what you say, but I'd rather withdraw gently to keep the peace which remains.

Peace to you and yours.

IS there really a peace between you and me when you no longer can talk because you do not want to hear truth as it is . but only the way you want it to be??

and my question is do you really have a peace in your heart and mind ? or do you just CONTROL YOURSELF . so you never can let your true feelings be seen or talk about them to anyone let alone someone that is a CHRISTIAN believer in JESUS CHRIST and this GOSPEL WE know is true..

ASK yourself why it is that BUDDAH, MOHAMMAND, and all other names are received and accepted and can be taught and told about and praised and worshiped by anyone here in AMERICA and many other free countries. BUT EVEN HERE IN AMERICA we now are again having the FREEDOM TO WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST AND OUR HEAVENLY FATHER OUR SAVIOR AND LORD IS THE ONLY RELIGIOUS BELIEF IS WARRED AGAINST SO STRONGLY EVEN TO REMOVING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS SO THEY CANNOT BE SEEN .. OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND. ESPECIALLY FOR OUR SCHOOL KYDS THAT NOW HAVE HAD THE MORNING PRAYER TAKEN FROM THE SCHOOLS.. I was IN SCHOOLS THAT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE TAUGHT. PRAYER THE LORDS PRAYER WAS SAID FIRST AND THEN THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIENCE TO THE FALG WITH GOD IN IT. ALL BECAUSE SCHOOLD HAD BIBLES IN THEM THAT WAS THE BOOK CHILDREN WERE TAUGHT OUT OF ALONG WITH READING WRITING AND ARITHMATIC!!!!!

BRINGING UP CHILDREN AS THEY SHOULD BE RAISED UP. DISCIPLINED BY THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. WITH LOVE FOR GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WE CALL JESUS CHRIST!!!!! HAVING respect for our parents . and for others older then we were. and are. WE AS PEOPLE have LOST A WHOLE GENERATION AND ARE GOING TO LOSE ANOTHER IF THINGS DO NOT CHANGE.

FAITH I have faith. in a GOD THAT KNOWS what TOMORROW will bring and IF I am not here tomorrow I will die knowing WHAT THE END IS. and will die with peace in my heart . BECAUSE GOD IS NOT A MAN TO LIE. and NEITHER A SON MAN TO REPENT.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

-Mel-

melikio
Guru

Ta-Ta!

Post #33

Post by melikio »

Suzanne, AGAIN with the jumbled formatting and CAPS.

And dualceleron deserves to have his original topic discussed.

I'm out.

Later,

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #34

Post by Cathar1950 »

Suzanne the caps make it hard to read. Sometimes it even hurts.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Exodus 15:3 YHWH is a man of war:
IS there really a peace between you and me when you no longer can talk because you do not want to hear truth as it is . but only the way you want it to be??
It seems to me that works both ways. Why can there only be peace if it is your truth?

dualceleron

Post #35

Post by dualceleron »

guys, unfortunately you have just witnessed a case of thread hijacking by the likes of Suzanne. Suzanne, if you're not going to discuss this topic then please go open your own thread and make your own agenda there. What you're posting is not even relevant here. #-o

Suzanne
Scholar

I don't apoligize

Post #36

Post by Suzanne »

for speaking what God almighty has had written for us all to LEARN and LIVE BY. I AM 66 years old and YOU may think I know nothing . well I know alot more then you give me creadit for. WITHIN THE NEXT THREE YEARS this world is going to be in a war again that is worse then anything any of you or i have ever seen. IRAN S not going to BOW TO ANYONE AND NEITHER will all the ISLAMIC TERRORIST GIVE up their QUEST TO INIHILATE THE JEWS. and DO JUST WHAT THEY HAVE SAID THEY WANT TO DO is WIPE THE JEWISH PEOPLE AND ISRAEL OFF THE MAP. well ISRAEL will never allow that and BELIEVE THIS OR NOT NEITHER WILL GOD ALMIGHTY LET THE JEWISH NATION OF ISRAEL WHOM ARE DESCENDANTS OF THE PROMISE MADE TO ABRAHAM. SO wake up people YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE CAN CONTINUE TO IGNORE GOD AND HIS WORD FOREVER NO it will not happen FOR GOD HAS SEASONS and we are coming upon a season of destruction those living now have never seen. BUT NONE SEE IT BUT THOSE who KNOW WHAT THE WORD HAS SAID ND HAD WRITTEN. NOTHING LIKE HAVING YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND and not see what is coming.

IF ANY HAVE SEEN the MAD MAX movies this is what we are going to see I PRAY TO GOD I am outa here before that comes because come it will.

melikio
Guru

Make a NEW Topic Suzanne

Post #37

Post by melikio »

for speaking what God almighty has had written for us all to LEARN and LIVE BY. I AM 66 years old and YOU may think I know nothing . well I know alot more then you give me creadit for. WITHIN THE NEXT THREE YEARS this world is going to be in a war again that is worse then anything any of you or i have ever seen. IRAN S not going to BOW TO ANYONE AND NEITHER will all the ISLAMIC TERRORIST GIVE up their QUEST TO INIHILATE THE JEWS. and DO JUST WHAT THEY HAVE SAID THEY WANT TO DO is WIPE THE JEWISH PEOPLE AND ISRAEL OFF THE MAP. well ISRAEL will never allow that and BELIEVE THIS OR NOT NEITHER WILL GOD ALMIGHTY LET THE JEWISH NATION OF ISRAEL WHOM ARE DESCENDANTS OF THE PROMISE MADE TO ABRAHAM. SO wake up people YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE CAN CONTINUE TO IGNORE GOD AND HIS WORD FOREVER NO it will not happen FOR GOD HAS SEASONS and we are coming upon a season of destruction those living now have never seen. BUT NONE SEE IT BUT THOSE who KNOW WHAT THE WORD HAS SAID ND HAD WRITTEN. NOTHING LIKE HAVING YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND and not see what is coming.

IF ANY HAVE SEEN the MAD MAX movies this is what we are going to see I PRAY TO GOD I am outa here before that comes because come it will.
I can practically guarantee you, that if you start a topic covering what you are talking about here, people will respond. I think that would be better than further hijacking this topic.

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by Wyvern »

Making an attempt to get back on topic here.

The only real refutation that I can think of to the OP's link is possibly the comparison itself may be false. A possibly better comparison would be between Buddha and Jesus. Yes Jesus is considered by many to be god itself but at least for a while he was a mortal and in as such making a comparison would be easier and probably more correct.
It seems to me that if you take the bible as a whole and you agree with god being triune in nature, god really comes out looking like a schizophrenic. One side consists of all the negative emotions(god) the other has mostly the positive emotions(Jesus) and the third(holy spirit) acts as the corpus callosum bringing the two halves together.

Oops, amazing how easy it is to get sidetracked. The sure sign of a good topic :)

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: Make a NEW Topic Suzanne

Post #39

Post by Suzanne »

melikio wrote:

I can practically guarantee you, that if you start a topic covering what you are talking about here, people will respond. I think that would be better than further hijacking this topic.

-Mel-

You are probably right.. CONSIDERING the way we are heading right now With TRYING to keep "IRAN" from getting the MOST POWERFUL BOMB THAT I HAVE absolutely NO DOUBT THAT AMERICA AND ISRAEL OR AT LEAST one or the OTHER and MY BETS GO with AMERICA.. already has the MOST POWERFUL and IF IT ever GETS IN the wrong hands. HEAVEN AND THAT GOD THAT 'S UP THERE THAT HAS CREATED ALL OF US. HELP US ALL!!! WE MUST NOT forget that the Communist are just waiting for the oportunity to Overtake AMERICA's and Israel's GODLY JUDEO /CHRISTIAN WAYS.. RED CHINA, and RUSSIA.. CAN YOU INVISION THAT THEY ARE helping IRAN with everything they need. ????? I CAN and Do not kid yourself OUR GOVERNMENT knows this already. that is why this TERROIST WAR WE ARE NOW IN is so very VITAL for the SUVIVAL of US ALL and THIS EARTH. INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING ABOUT what OUR GOVERNMENT IS DOING WE NEED TO PRAY THAT OUR GOBVERNMENT AND ALL GOVERNING BODIES OF THIS EARTH COME TO REASONING before we SET OFF a BOMB that will RUIN THIS EARTH for GENERATIONS. to come.. IF there be any one left to strat all over again FROM RADIATION SPOILED LAND AND SEAS!!! NO WATER IT WILL become OUR MOST PIZED NEED NOT OIL FOR without water NONE CAN SURVIVE. and if all the SEAS AND LAKES and CREEKS AND ALL WATER supply IS TAINTED because OF RADIOACTIVITY (RADIATION)) WELL!!!!!! NEED I SAY MORE??? I don't think so.

Suzanne
Scholar

Post #40

Post by Suzanne »

Wyvern wrote:Making an attempt to get back on topic here.

The only real refutation that I can think of to the OP's link is possibly the comparison itself may be false. A possibly better comparison would be between Buddha and Jesus. Yes Jesus is considered by many to be god itself but at least for a while he was a mortal and in as such making a comparison would be easier and probably more correct.
It seems to me that if you take the bible as a whole and you agree with god being triune in nature, god really comes out looking like a schizophrenic. One side consists of all the negative emotions(god) the other has mostly the positive emotions(Jesus) and the third(holy spirit) acts as the corpus callosum bringing the two halves together.

Oops, amazing how easy it is to get sidetracked. The sure sign of a good topic :)

schizophrenic??? I believe we all are.. FOR WE ALL have ANGRY and LOVING PERSONALITIES. OR would you deny you have never LOVED OR GOTTEN ANGRY AND even HATED someone or something ???

IN that sense we are JUST LIKE GOD FOR HE HAS said and had written...

"I HAVE HATED ESAU! BUT I HAVE LOVED JACOB." Don't forget Jesus's anger in the TEMPLE of THE FATHER.
BECAUSE of the things they were doing in His Temple.

WE all DEFILE GOD'S TEMPLE.. IF you believe GOD IS a SPIRIT, and HIS SPIRIT is within US and we MUST worship Him in SPIRIT and TRUTH.

Now beings that a truth also?? That makes us all gods but not THE GOD. JUST AS IT HAS been written MADE IN HIS IMAGE.

HE created them HE THEM MALE AND FEMALE! and called them MANKIND!

And then of course we must then Go into all the GENERATIONAL HISTORY!! of what GOD has already CREATED is CREATING and will CONTINUE TO CREATE if we do not FORGET HOW TO CREATE another LIKE HIS SEED. or use that BOMB to destroy all OF us IN ONE SWIFT sweep.

SEX is not a bad thing. EVEN BIRDS do it. and even NUTS and BOLTS and ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS have MALE and FEMALE parts. and just to think and know IT ALL began with GOD almighty..

So there you have it LOVE and HATE IN THAT ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, AND ONE baptism , LORD GOD ALMIGHTY OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!!!

Seems I have gone from In the beginning GOD to god's to reason for SEXUAL relationships and MARRIAGE between ADAM AND EVE not adam and STEVE. to NUTS AND BOLTS and ELECTRICITY.. NOW how complete is that NOT to mention how we all MUST BE split Souls SPIRITS MINDS and HEARTS making us all schizophrenic's ?????????? we all need a PSYCOLIGIST.. I would think is there a DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?????

YES!!!!!!! and His name is THE FATHER IN HEAVEN, THE WORD, and THE HOLY SPIRIT.. all THREE witness in heaven. and ARE ONE!!!!!!

and here on this earth.. THREE WITNESS the Spirit, the WATER, and the BLOOD. and they agree as one... WE AS human beings are part water and part blood and have a soul BUT what makes the Fire BURN TO bring the TRUTH to anyone?? THE BAPTISM of the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD ALMIGHTY OUR LORD CREATOR HEAVENLY FATHER.

THAT MANY HAVE DIED FOR. and many became believers IN THE FOXHOLES OF DEATH .. WORLD WAR I and II AND ALL the WARS THAT HAVE GONE before .... WILL THERE BE III ?????