Why God sent Jesus on earth?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

gospel

Why God sent Jesus on earth?

Post #1

Post by gospel »

For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

Bro Dave
Sage

Re: Why God sent Jesus on earth?

Post #21

Post by Bro Dave »

Nick Hallandale wrote:
gospel wrote:For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
"""Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."""
Lets examine the fruits of Jesus and his followers since Jesus showed up.

Religious wars
Murder of Heretics
Book burning
Supression of Science
Persecution of Homosexuals
Biblical Support of Slavery
The Dark Ages
The Christian Right
Brother George W Bush

I probably missed a few fruit, but you know what I am writing about.
I am sure the world would have been better without Jesus.

Nick Hallandale
You may indite Jesus for his followers pretty much completely missing his teachings, and ignoring the religion he practiced, and instead creating a religion about him. If you insist on blaming Jesus, then please be specific on which of his teachings you believe to have brought about the above list.

(Please do not invoke the Bible, as Jesus did not author it!)

Bro Dave

Bro Dave
Sage

Post #22

Post by Bro Dave »

Sandycane wrote:Good people, you are wasting your time.

You can not debate the meaning of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, original sin or, anything else that is written in the bible with someone who is a follower of the UB

Two different books with two different meanings. .

Thank you for noticing Sandy. UB readers are pretty much all well versed in the Bible, and have no need to debate it.
I'm yelling, "Fire! Fire!" and no one is listening. :blink:
Unbelievable.
Entirely believable. First, that is exactly the response you ARE getting, and secondly, the reason for that response, is that you sould be yelling "LOVE", not "Fire"! People have become sophisticated enough to understand that God is LOVE, and the "Fire" thingy with threats that our loving Father/God would "sizzles" them forever,(no matter what they did) is childish and unworthy. #-o

Bro Dave

;)