Jesus lived in India?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

salvation2011
Apprentice

Jesus lived in India?

Post #1

Post by salvation2011 »

There is a book that my Mom brought home from India (which on the back cover has a disclaimer... for sale in the Indian subcontinent only... perhaps because Christianity would never allow it to be circulated outside of there?). The book describes how Jesus lived there prior to and after his resurrection, and it was no resurrection at all actually. Islam, according to this book believes that Jesus was like the Elijah to set the way for the Prophet Muhammad. The book also describes that Muhammad actually was trying to preserve the real teachings of Jesus and not what was being preached by the Gospels and Paul.

I need some debate of this topic which would really be about this:

1) Was Muhammad's intention to be to keep alive what Jesus was really trying to say and do and stop the distortions of his original teachings (which were said to be occurring with Paul)?

Then, the book continues to state that Islam followers "believed that Christians could never be made fully aware of the shame and horror attached to the description 'accursed on the wood' or they never would have made death on the cross such a feature of their worship of the virtuous Jesus."

2) Is this true in Islam today? If so, does it follow that Chrisitians are viewed therefore as sinful?

(Even being a non-Islam, reader of the bible, follower of the God of Abraham, I can now see that in order to be Christian one must break several of the 10 original commandments.... just saying).
Let those who have ears hear, those discerning ones will see the truth, not what the world wants them to see as "truth." Let your biases go so you can truly hear the word of God...

Shermana
Prodigy

Post #2

Post by Shermana »

"I can now see that in order to be Christian one must break several of the 10 original commandments.... just saying)."

Really? How?

Before you mention Sabbath, don't forget the part about "Pray that you don't have to run for your life on the Sabbath day".

And for the 1st and 2nd commandments, I don't believe Jesus was actually being worshipped AS God. Maybe as "a god" like how David and Saul were worshiped as "kings"

(Don't forget that in Islam, ADAM was worshiped...)

I do respect Islam's disrespect of the Trinity concept though!

And as for Indian Christianity, THOMAS went around in India, can't say the same for Jesus though. The Thomasine Churches in India would agree at least.

Murad
Guru

Re: Jesus lived in India?

Post #3

Post by Murad »

Im going to move this thread into the Islam section.
salvation2011 wrote:There is a book that my Mom brought home from India (which on the back cover has a disclaimer... for sale in the Indian subcontinent only... perhaps because Christianity would never allow it to be circulated outside of there?). The book describes how Jesus lived there prior to and after his resurrection, and it was no resurrection at all actually.
There are numerous conspiracy books like that, they hold as much evidence as the da vinci code.
salvation2011 wrote: Islam, according to this book believes that Jesus was like the Elijah to set the way for the Prophet Muhammad. The book also describes that Muhammad actually was trying to preserve the real teachings of Jesus and not what was being preached by the Gospels and Paul.
The Quran is a seperate revelation, not to be mistaken as a "Gospel".
God in the Quran proclaims lies were attributed to Jesus after his departure & that he never claimed divinity & the Trinity is the biggest lie against God and so & so, basically its the restoration of pure monotheism that was corrupted after the arrival of the Messiah.

salvation2011 wrote: 1) Was Muhammad's intention to be to keep alive what Jesus was really trying to say and do and stop the distortions of his original teachings (which were said to be occurring with Paul)?
Islam shares the same view of Judaism, that a trinitarian or an incarnate God is a heretical ideology, it also denies the doctrine of atonement & blood, and that God forgives with love & mercy not a magical blood sacrifice.

salvation2011 wrote: Then, the book continues to state that Islam followers "believed that Christians could never be made fully aware of the shame and horror attached to the description 'accursed on the wood' or they never would have made death on the cross such a feature of their worship of the virtuous Jesus."
Worshipping Jesus as God is shirk (polytheism/idolotry) in Islam & if a person dies believing in shirk, he will not be forgiven.

salvation2011 wrote: 2) Is this true in Islam today? If so, does it follow that Chrisitians are viewed therefore as sinful?
Shirk is an unforgivable sin. The irony here is, even though Jews are seen as comitting sin for rejecting the Messiah Jesus, Christians are comitting a greater sin in attributing Godhood to Jesus.
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
—Qur'an sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayah 116
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

salvation2011
Apprentice

Re: Jesus lived in India?

Post #4

Post by salvation2011 »

Murad wrote:Im going to move this thread into the Islam section.
salvation2011 wrote:There is a book that my Mom brought home from India (which on the back cover has a disclaimer... for sale in the Indian subcontinent only... perhaps because Christianity would never allow it to be circulated outside of there?). The book describes how Jesus lived there prior to and after his resurrection, and it was no resurrection at all actually.
There are numerous conspiracy books like that, they hold as much evidence as the da vinci code.
salvation2011 wrote: Islam, according to this book believes that Jesus was like the Elijah to set the way for the Prophet Muhammad. The book also describes that Muhammad actually was trying to preserve the real teachings of Jesus and not what was being preached by the Gospels and Paul.
The Quran is a seperate revelation, not to be mistaken as a "Gospel".
God in the Quran proclaims lies were attributed to Jesus after his departure & that he never claimed divinity & the Trinity is the biggest lie against God and so & so, basically its the restoration of pure monotheism that was corrupted after the arrival of the Messiah.

salvation2011 wrote: 1) Was Muhammad's intention to be to keep alive what Jesus was really trying to say and do and stop the distortions of his original teachings (which were said to be occurring with Paul)?
Islam shares the same view of Judaism, that a trinitarian or an incarnate God is a heretical ideology, it also denies the doctrine of atonement & blood, and that God forgives with love & mercy not a magical blood sacrifice.

salvation2011 wrote: Then, the book continues to state that Islam followers "believed that Christians could never be made fully aware of the shame and horror attached to the description 'accursed on the wood' or they never would have made death on the cross such a feature of their worship of the virtuous Jesus."
Worshipping Jesus as God is shirk (polytheism/idolotry) in Islam & if a person dies believing in shirk, he will not be forgiven.

salvation2011 wrote: 2) Is this true in Islam today? If so, does it follow that Chrisitians are viewed therefore as sinful?
Shirk is an unforgivable sin. The irony here is, even though Jews are seen as comitting sin for rejecting the Messiah Jesus, Christians are comitting a greater sin in attributing Godhood to Jesus.
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
—Qur'an sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayah 116
Thanks for moving it to an Islam page, I posted it here bc it is a forum for and against Christianity, thought this was appropriate... but I will probably get more insight over there! However, you have provided insight with your answers... :D