Sodom, Greece, Rome and homosexuality.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

AlAyeti
Guru

Sodom, Greece, Rome and homosexuality.

Post #1

Post by AlAyeti »

Does allowing for diversity include parents having no voice in what their children are forced to be taught and have to accept?

Do Christians and the many other cultures and belief systems opposed to homosexuality have the right to have their culture and religious views respected in society when it comes to decent and natural sexual behavior in the education system and in public?

Are homosexuals demanding accesss to children under the label of diversity and anti-hate legislation?

This seems the number one issue between average and normal "family" people and the homosexual agenda.

Can there be laws passed that keeps homosexuality from becoming forced on children and families that oppose it, without the homosexual community and homosexual action organizations crying discrimination?

Is there such a thing anymore as heterosexual rights?

Nyril
Scholar

Post #2

Post by Nyril »

Does allowing for diversity include parents having no voice in what their children are forced to be taught and have to accept?
You are entirely free to homeschool your children, and a good number of parents elect to go this route. However, if you are going to fund a certain endeavor with public money, you cannot use that public money to tell people that certain groups are "less" then others.
Do Christians and the many other cultures and belief systems opposed to homosexuality have the right to have their culture and religious views respected in society when it comes to decent and natural sexual behavior in the education system and in public?
No. Nobody has a right to have their views respected anywhere. They have a right to their views, but not to respect towards them. I don't respect the view that feels blacks are not people, I don't respect the view that we are free to torture animals because they're "less" then us.

In short, I respect your right to have the view, but I am not required to respect your view.
Are homosexuals demanding accesss to children under the label of diversity and anti-hate legislation?
No.
Can there be laws passed that keeps homosexuality from becoming forced on children and families that oppose it, without the homosexual community and homosexual action organizations crying discrimination?
What do you mean? Could you elaborate please? I seem to be of the impression that you would like children not to even know homosexuals exist, and would like clarification before I continue down this vein of thought.
Is there such a thing anymore as heterosexual rights?
Lets put your question aside for half a second, and look at a parallel question which is identical to yours except in magnitude.

I'm a member of the KKK. I hate Jews, I hate Blacks, I hate all non-white races. I do not want my children taught that Jews or Blacks are equals under the law. Would you respect my opinion? How would you feel if I were to try and get that view enacted into law?

Now, I know my example is a little extreme, but it seems to me that this is exactly what you're doing, except to an unpopular minority.
"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air...we need believing people."
[Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933]

sin_is_fun
Sage

Post #3

Post by sin_is_fun »

Nobody is forcing homosexuality.They ask for equal rights.They want to get married,thats all.Its upto the society to give that to them or to refuse it.They are not asking anything bad or illegal.

ST88
Site Supporter

Re: Sodom, Greece, Rome and homosexuality.

Post #4

Post by ST88 »

AlAyeti wrote:Does allowing for diversity include parents having no voice in what their children are forced to be taught and have to accept?
No. There is such a thing as the democratic process. School boards are elected and parents are encouraged to become involved. Also, as Nyril said, there is also homeschooling in addition to private school designed for religious instruction.
AlAyeti wrote:Do Christians and the many other cultures and belief systems opposed to homosexuality have the right to have their culture and religious views respected in society when it comes to decent and natural sexual behavior in the education system and in public?
Tolerated, yes. Respected, maybe. Forced, no.
AlAyeti wrote:Are homosexuals demanding accesss to children under the label of diversity and anti-hate legislation?
Absolutely not. This is an absurdity.
AlAyeti wrote:This seems the number one issue between average and normal "family" people and the homosexual agenda.

Your question is based on faulty assumptions. "Homosexuality", as you put it, isn't being forced on anyone. The idea that there is homosexuality is simply no longer being suppressed. If you want to marginalize homosexuals, the best thing to do is leave them alone so they have no one to scream at. Then it wouldn't be such an issue.
AlAyeti wrote:Is there such a thing anymore as heterosexual rights?
Yes. They are called "human rights". It means that everyone has a right to live their lives. Even heterosexuals.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #5

Post by AlAyeti »

If parents have to home school, will the government come into homes and force unnatural sexuality to be taught to their children. The ACLU is promoting "Compliance Coordinators" in schools. I actually read that term on their website.

Is it bigoted to tell your children that homosexuals are deviant?

That is educationally accurate.

In California, it does seem that the term "Questioning Youth," applied to the list of the homosexual culture (GLBT and Questioning Youth) is a declaration of war on children and parents.

If my children have questions about their sexuality then I want physiology, biology and anantomy to be taught to them scientifically accurate.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #6

Post by AlAyeti »

Nyril: "You are entirely free to homeschool your children, and a good number of parents elect to go this route. However, if you are going to fund a certain endeavor with public money, you cannot use that public money to tell people that certain groups are "less" then others."

Is it acceptable for tax dollars to promote sexual activity?

Homosexuals are that, exclusively by their behavior. How can science be taught in schools without it being bigoted against deviant sexual practices. Genitals point to sexual orientation, no?

Nyril
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Nyril »

If parents have to home school, will the government come into homes and force unnatural sexuality to be taught to their children.
No. So far, the government has failed to do anything remotely like what you're suggesting here. They allow the Amish to withdraw their children from school at grade 8. Pretty much they allow parents to teach whatever they care to teach to their children.
The ACLU is promoting "Compliance Coordinators" in schools. I actually read that term on their website.
Since you didn't feel up to the task of providing a link, I used google to hunt it up. I got three hits.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:is ... org/&hl=en
http://www.aclu.org/LesbianGayRights/Le ... 0674&c=106
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:iz ... org/&hl=en

Here's a quote with actual context from the third link.
Finally, the District agreed to amend its policies, including the Student Code of Conduct, to reflect that harassment and discrimination based on actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity was prohibited, and agreed to hireCompliance Coordinators to report and investigate all claims of harassment
What point did you intend to make here? Are you upset the ACLU is fighting sexual harassment? Here's some history into this case from the second link that brought this about.
Loomis was a senior at his California high school when one of his teachers, referring to the boy’s earring, told his class, “Only two kinds of guys wear earrings, pirates and faggots, and I don’t see any water around here.” Over the next few weeks the teacher continued making such remarks about Loomis in class, sparking a wave of harassment and threats from other students and school staff that eventually drove the honor student from school.

The ACLU filed the federal lawsuit in 2001 on behalf of Loomis and the statewide Gay-Straight Alliance Network, charging that because of their actual or perceived sexual orientation, students are harassed by school administrators, teachers, and classmates. During the lawsuit, attorneys presented the stories of over a dozen other students who had suffered similar harassment over the past few years. The school’s response, the lawsuit said, was to move gay students off campus by placing them in inappropriate special programs. The case claimed the hostile environment this creates is unlawful under the U.S. Constitution and California state law.
Again, what point did you want to make?
Is it bigoted to tell your children that homosexuals are deviant?
No, not in that way. But you never quite seem to stop at deviant. We wander off quickly into abnormal, sinners, etc.
If my children have questions about their sexuality then I want physiology, biology and anantomy to be taught to them scientifically accurate.
You want science? Animal homosexuality happens, often. If you want them to specify that the use of the anus is abnormal for that activity, fine, but so is using your fingers on the keyboard, your nose for glasses, your body for clothes, etc. Aside from walking and using the loo, I doubt you use anything on your body for its intended purpose (shoes on feet? They weren't designed for that, that's all I know).
"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air...we need believing people."
[Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933]

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #8

Post by AlAyeti »

You want science back at you?

Animal homosexuality is always aberrant behavior. Alwyas deviating from the norm.

No procreation and nature eliminates you. Pitilessly.

Nothing wrong or bigoted with teaching sexuality by the book. And I don't mean the Bible.

"Compliance Coordinators." Now that sounds Biblical and very Sodom-like. The crowd gathered outside of Lot's apartment were compliance coordinators.

I don't want my children, or me, to have to "comply" with an ACLU mandate of what is and what isn't nice behavior in schools. Defining yourself by what you choose to do sexually is bizaare and inappropriate in an education setting. Diversity should not include private sexual actions defining someone or something as a culture.

Think for a moment where that would lead society.

Yuck.

Lotan
Guru

Post #9

Post by Lotan »

AlAyeti wrote:Animal homosexuality is always aberrant behavior.
Not if you're a bonobo.
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #10

Post by AlAyeti »

Penis fencing and vulva rubbing does not make a baby bonobo.

Science can help us find out what does.

You know "they say" bonobo's are 98% genetically the same as humans.

Now a science experiment. Send off two "almost touching" objects out into space on the headings that they exist on.

Like for instance, these two dots ---> . . <---

They will never touch. In fact if you think about course headings they are not traveling parallel, but are getting farther and farther apart.