The End Times Are Very Near

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

axeplayer
Apprentice

The End Times Are Very Near

Post #1

Post by axeplayer »

There is a lot of evidence supporting the idea that the end times and the rapture are very near to happening. for example, the United Nations fulfill the prophesy that very near to the end times, the world will be united as one, and there will be peace on the earth(even though we're a long way from peace). also, barcodes, credit cards etc. are an early warning to the mark of the beast being used to pay for all of our expenses. In college station, Texas, there are stores where you can pay for your groceries, appliances, etc., with your thumbprint. So what does everyone else think? Are the end times and Judgement Day near?

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #111

Post by Cathar1950 »

youngborean wrote:

whenver the 'end times' occur, they will happen in a way that (almost?) no one will have anticipated.
If there is any justice. There would be a big dinner in Heaven(maybe a spaceship) and all the poor destitute children orphans widows widowers hungry and sick will be having dinner. I wouldn't mind waiting on tables.
"more wine sir?"
Corvus wrote:
In all likelihood, the Book of Revelation is bit of wishful thinking for the demise of the Roman empire....My main concern is that it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, simply because it's believed by a lot of people. If I remember correctly, the Armageddon is supposed to take place in what is currently Israel, and it's the battle to end them all. I wonder if there may be people in positions of power (and in control of rather nasty, destructive weaponry) who have a genuine belief in it. If they believed it strongly enough, could this influence decisions they make and actions they take? Could the simple action of preparing for it actually cause it to take place?
My fear too!
youngborean wrote:
You may have read this in an article but this theological stance has no basis in the Bible... To associate this view with Christianity it might be better to cite scripture that supports it rather than retell what you remember off the top of your head....A real dialogue could happen about the dangers of certain interpretations of the Book of Revelations if Moyer would actually do it. Instead, in his ignorance he assumes that his hatred of Christianity can look at all Christians a homogeneous....
Moyer's article inferred that christians that believe in the end days also believe that Jews will burn at the time of the rapture. You inferred (with no evidence) that Christians who have this theology support Israel launching nukes... My point is that you have in no way shown an association between this particular theology and the political model you suggest. You suggested all Christians who believe in the end times want Israel to launch nukes. This is the kind of hateful and ignorant rhetoric that causing such deep divides in our world right now. I find your limited evidence coupled with slanderous remarks about people who believe in this theology offensive. Does an individual's religion affect their politics? Absolutely. But the remarks you and Moyer have made about people who hold this theology is meant to incite only, even worse it is hardly a representation of scipture or based on evidence of a major faction that you seem to be suggesting.
I noticed mostly you want scriptures to pick at and explain away and unless it's in the Bible it doesn't matter.
I think Bill Moyer was being kind and generous.
I belive they are saying it. according to their view only 144,000 jews will survive and they will become Christians. Talk about anti-semitism. I don't even think Hitler had hopes that high.

[/quote]JED wrote:
Jesus was conceived in the womb of a virgin. He's God's only begotten son. Those born into his family are "born from above" or "born again". You know, born once, die twice; born twice, die once. This is the generation that will not pass 'til all these things be fulfilled. In other words, at the last trump.

It all makes sense to those who take God at his Word.

If you have a problem with it, you'll have an even bigger problem when that last trumpet sounds.
I first became aware of it when studying the temple. The architecture of the temple outlines the history of the world from the creation to the Kingdom Age.
* In the Holy of Holies everything is overlaid with gold. This area denotes the Kingdom Age. (There’s a lot more symbolism going on but this will have to be an overview to keep it brief.)

I want to smoke what ever he is smoking.
micatala wrote:
My initial reaction is baloney. THis is a quite fanciful reading into scripture. I would also completely reject that Darwin has anything to do with Satan. Sorry for the dismissive and annoyed tone, but this is a pet peeve of mine. Many claim evolution is somehow evil, but I have never seen any argument for this that holds any water, and I have to say I am getting awfully tired of this repetitive mantra.

I have to agree.
axeplayer wrote:
evolution teaches things that are contrary to what the Bible teaches, such as, God created animals, and He created man from the dust of the ground. If someone does something that is contrary to what the Bible teaches (i.e. lying, or murder), than it is evil. Evolution is no different.
again, how does the claim that man evolved from the same ancestor as monkeys come close to supporting the idea that God formed man in his own image from the dust of the ground so that he may rule over the animals?

Well that pretty much settles it the Bible is evil.
tilia wrote:What happens if the Bible contradicts what the Bible teaches?
and the answer is:
i guess we'll never know until someone actually finds a valid self-contradiction in the Bible.
could you explain how please? because i dont seem to understand.
Italics mine.
perplexed101 wrote:
On one hand people ridicule Paul but make every excuse to preach straight from the lettesr he wrote. If anyone disagrees with Paul then why dont people just oust his letters just like they did with the book of Enoch? Why not make every written work of Paul uncanonical just like the book of Enoch so the majority can feel at ease

Sounds like a great plan.
JED wrote:
Like evolution, Christianity is a BELIEF SYSTEM. I've shown you how prophecy written 2000 years ago is being fulfilled. If you prefer to be an unbeliever, that's your prerogative.

If you want 'evidence' that the Bible is true before you believe, you'll die in your sins and spend an eternity separated from God.

I think they feel that if they can stump believers with these questions, somehow they can dispelled the doubt that plagues them, not realizing that they have become more knowledgeable of the Word of God in the process. And for that they will be held accountable on the last day.

I've been a Christian 33 years now and have studied science and the Bible and they do not contradict one another
It's like talking with a child who has no foundation in communication. Very tedious indeed....
All the evidence demonstrates that the earth is not "millions of years old". The gravitational field of the earth decays 5% every hundred years, calculate this backward, and the data supports the conclusion the earth could not have held a stronger magnetic field than it would have had 10,000 years ago.

Evolution is a theory Creationism is a belife system. We can alway prove evolution wrong or in need of correction or refinement but creationism can't by it's own internal logic.
What about magnetic pole reversals?
They seem to come every few 1000's of years or so. So even think we may be due for another soon.
rapture101 wrote:
Wow.i cant wait till Jesus comes back.I think the end of days are close.I cant say now or tomorrow.No one knows.Im just saying that the the time is on a rise.i hope I have enough time to write my book about it before it happens.The end of days will be harsh.Soo many belives will be lead away.all I can say for now is Christ will return.The antichrist soon there after.then some of then most deifying times of our lives or our grandchilderns lives.There will be war and fammions.The sun is believed to go blood red.Thinks will happen thats never been seen before.The 7 judgement seals. It will be terrifing.
Im me.I belive what i belive.I belive the Bible.And it is true.I have read the left behind series and I belive they are accurate.the series may not be 100 percent true but I belive they are hinting towards the predicted end of days
Todd wrote:
I'm just taking a wild guess on when I think (or more or less hope) that Jesus will come back. I think the earliest time would be in about 10 years, the latest around 50. I'm just praying that I'll still be alive when he comes back.
[/quote]

Do I sense a giddy joy in their tone?

There is still argument about rather Jesus was even talking about himself when he talked of the "Son of Man" but then again acording to tradition he was the biological Son of God so I guess he wasn't the Son of Man.