I give up - how do you use this site??

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

old ag
Student

I give up - how do you use this site??

Post #1

Post by old ag »

How do I post a new topic or question without having to use the "reply" button from a different topic...I can't even find any button that lets me ask procedural questions!

The first page oughtto have some simple instructions or a HOW TO link for computer neofites.. or is there one and I just can't recognize it??

HELP
OLD AG

YEC
Sage

Post #2

Post by YEC »

on this page http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=17 there is a little oval circle that says..newtopic

And on this page is says post reply.

then again...look up top and click on FAQ

Jose
Guru

Post #3

Post by Jose »

Welcome to the club, old ag and fellow 55'er. Otseng has provided a primer on using BBCode here. I finally figured out, after pushing the "preview" button and testing a bunch of things, that you can first push the "reply" button at the bottom of the page, and get a blank reply window. Then, you can push the "quote" button on the "reply" page, then scroll down to the part you want to quore. Use your mouse to select the specific bit you want, copy it, then paste it into your message. Then hit the quote button again (which now looks like quote*, with the * added to remind you it's a "close-quote" tag). Otseng's primer tells you how to attribute the quote to the person you want to cite (say quote="whoever" instead of just quote).

Play around with the "preview" button, or with the test forum, and see what happens. We all sort of muddle along at the beginning. It's part of the fun.
Panza llena, corazon contento