Do you really care that I am going to hell?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Cmass
Guru

Do you really care that I am going to hell?

Post #1

Post by Cmass »

I don't think you really believe I will fry in Hell for being an Atheist. I don't think you really truly believe any of your non-believing family will either. I think deep down, you know it just isn't true.

If you do believe they will all fry and are not doing absolutely everything in your power to stop it, I would suggest that you are a very cold, dispassionate person. If you really believed your dearly beloved mother was going to burn in hell right next to Cmass and Charles Manson then you would stop at nothing to convince her to accept Jesus. You would not just gently encourage, you would be emotionally and perhaps even physically engaged on a daily and hourly basis. You most certainly would not be reading this silly OP right now. Not if you REALLY cared.

Think about it. If you saw your mother being beaten by someone on the street, would you stop to help save her? Would you put your own life at risk to keep her from drowning? Is there anything you would not do to help her? OK, what about eternal torture in hell? Doesn't this concern you? What about all the other people in your life who are going to hell? Doesn't this leave you feeling devastated? If I believed there was a hell and that so many people would be going - especially any of my friends or family - I would be in constant agony myself and would devote my life to stopping it. Or, I would be numb.

Does your knowledge that so many people will be in eternal torture bother you very much on a daily basis?

This OP came about after reading commentary by some of our more conservative Christian friends in here. Some seem to have no real problem with all us atheists burning in hell forever. Granted, there are probably some personal anger issues involved but still, I have always been uneasy with how casual many Christians are when it comes to discussing eternal damnation. Some get more upset over running over a kitty than the eternal torture of their best friend.

Nonetheless, I give most the benefit of the doubt: I don't think they are really that cold. I just don't think they really believe as much in the hell concept as they report.

Cmass
Guru

Post #161

Post by Cmass »

Adlemi wrote:
God does exist and in full control of all things including death hence you yourself cannot even control or prevent your imminent death someday, can you?
Phew! What a relief! I have no control over whether or not I will go to hell. Thus, prayer (and the hoped-for influence it has on God), the bible (and the instruction it provides for avoiding hell) and faith are all useless.
I feel better now that I am relieved of all responsibility.

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #162

Post by adlemi »

twobitsmedia wrote:
adlemi wrote:
That is chaos and murder and that's satan and his cohorts. God told us that He did not command anyone, except to Abraham (though it did not prosper for God prevented him before he was able to do it), to kill nor to reap the life of his fellow men.
But Abraham is a story from the Bible. Why is that one OK and the rest of the Bible not?
I personally asked this matter to God whether if He did really ask Abraham to kill or not to kill his son as his offering to the Lord. The Lord confirmed to us that He did but only as a test to the faith of Abraham and not as an absolute command.

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #163

Post by Confused »

Cmass wrote:Adlemi wrote:
God does exist and in full control of all things including death hence you yourself cannot even control or prevent your imminent death someday, can you?
Phew! What a relief! I have no control over whether or not I will go to hell. Thus, prayer (and the hoped-for influence it has on God), the bible (and the instruction it provides for avoiding hell) and faith are all useless.
Have I told you lately how much I love your sense of humor??? LOL...

Ok, seriously. Well, that failed.. :-k
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #164

Post by adlemi »

Cmass wrote:Adlemi wrote:
You will be much more truly relieved of all your apprehensions should you go and come to God and hear God himself speaking to you loud and clear.

twobitsmedia

Post #165

Post by twobitsmedia »

adlemi wrote:
twobitsmedia wrote:
adlemi wrote:
That is chaos and murder and that's satan and his cohorts. God told us that He did not command anyone, except to Abraham (though it did not prosper for God prevented him before he was able to do it), to kill nor to reap the life of his fellow men.
But Abraham is a story from the Bible. Why is that one OK and the rest of the Bible not?
I personally asked this matter to God whether if He did really ask Abraham to kill or not to kill his son as his offering to the Lord. The Lord confirmed to us that He did but only as a test to the faith of Abraham and not as an absolute command.
How does one get in contact with God? Just yell? Set an appointment? I mean, He is God....He should know I would like to have a chat with Him...

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #166

Post by adlemi »

twobitsmedia wrote: How does one get in contact with God? Just yell?...
Is yelling the most appropriate and friendly act that we can do to God? What would you do if your son yell at you when he calls on you?
twobitsmedia wrote:Set an appointment? I mean, He is God....He should know I would like to have a chat with Him...
Now this one is better, chat with God. He knows for sure but maybe what you do not know on the other hand is that God does not read what either your mouth or lips utters but what does your heart inside really contain or say, do you know that?

Biker

Re: Do you really care that I am going to hell?

Post #167

Post by Biker »

adlemi wrote:
Biker wrote: If anyone would like to (a) not be thrown into the lake of fire (b) get their name written in the book of life.
May you please tell us Biker who told you that there will be books of life to be opened come judgment day? Whom did you get this information from?
Biker wrote:Ask me I would be more than happy to help you out!

Biker
How can you be of help to anyone who likes to escape hell? Have you seen hell? Do you know where is hell?
Post 140, Revelation 20:11-15. You can read about the books in the inerrant word of God! Everything in your life is being recorded in the "books".
Hell is in the center of the earth. I have seen hell in a dream, or I was taken (my spirit) by angels to view it, I'm not sure which! I didn't go into hell proper, but was in the foyer or entrance way. I could hear hell itself and smell it. It is real, I have been to the entrance and seen a very disturbing scene, that shook me to the very core of my being.
I can be of help by telling you how you can escape hell by receiving God's free gift of eternal life through Jesus the Christ.

Biker

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #168

Post by McCulloch »

Biker wrote:Hell is in the center of the earth. I have seen hell in a dream, or I was taken (my spirit) by angels to view it, I'm not sure which! I didn't go into hell proper, but was in the foyer or entrance way. I could hear hell itself and smell it. It is real, I have been to the entrance and seen a very disturbing scene, that shook me to the very core of my being.
Would that be literally or metaphorically at the center of the Earth? Is Heaven up there too?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #169

Post by adlemi »

Biker wrote: Post 140, Revelation 20:11-15. You can read about the books in the inerrant word of God! Everything in your life is being recorded in the "books".
So, it is from the bible that you come to read and know the books of life and you believe them to exist someday? But how do you understand the books of life, are they literal books like the books that we have today? Is there someone who teach you about the bible?
Biker wrote:Hell is in the center of the earth. I have seen hell in a dream,
How do you know that it was hell? Did someone in your dream told you it was hell? If so, who was it?
Biker wrote:or I was taken (my spirit) by angels to view it,
This is interesting, were you awake when this happened to yOU? Can you describe the angels?
Biker wrote: I'm not sure which! I didn't go into hell proper,
What caused you not to be sure of with what you had experienced?
Biker wrote: but was in the foyer or entrance way. I could hear hell itself and smell it. It is real, I have been to the entrance and seen a very disturbing scene, that shook me to the very core of my being.
Why? What did you see and hear in hell?
Biker wrote:I can be of help by telling you how you can escape hell by receiving God's free gift of eternal life through Jesus the Christ.

Biker
Have you experienced the Lord God Jesus Christ in a way similar to any of the biblical characters' encounter with God?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #170

Post by bernee51 »

Biker wrote:Hell is in the center of the earth. I have seen hell in a dream, or I was taken (my spirit) by angels to view it,
That must have been after you inhaled.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj