Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

C&A: The name above all names

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Based on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=41078&start=190

Suppose there was a contest to win a million dollars and all you had to do was call a number and say the name of YHWH.

Now imagine that, you call out to YHWH and win a million dollars. AND this isn't even hidden, there is a book, you can call out that number anytime.

Now suppose someone hid that name and added words to the book and said now instead of YHWH you use my name Jesus.

Would it work when you call the number and get a million dollars or would the voice say 'Thanks for calling the win a million hot line sorry that name is incorrect.?

--

now bonus: Suppose the key word was 'drunk'?

I just found out that the word drunk has over 2985 synonyms.
https://www.quora.com/Which-English-lan ... book%20too.

So if you rang the hotline and said 'drunk' you wound win but would you win if you said 'inebriated'? If so why would you win and if not why not?

Yes I think Jesus is God and so saying YHWH or Jesus is the same.

--

Not related: Yes I can see the humour in no one knowing the pronunciation of YHWH.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Savant

Re: C&A: The name above all names

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:46 pm ...
Yes I think Jesus is God and so saying YHWH or Jesus is the same.
If they are the same, why does Jesus say God is greater than him? If you think Jesus is the God, why don't you believe what he says?

...the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #3

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Not to anyone's surprise, I reckon Jesus is not God, Yahweh, Allah nor Shiva, nor Hank is not the name of the god and the god has no name, though we goddless call it nature, physics or even Reality. But it is not mind,whether human or animal.
And if there is a million dollars to be had, it seems uttermost foolishness to think we can win it by guessing the name of the purported donor. If it is there to be won, we have already won it.

And that's a cue if I ever heard one.

"The perfect system for concealing lies" (Losing Faith)

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to 1213 in post #2]

Can you answer the question in the topic?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #6

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Wootah wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:38 pm [Replying to TRANSPONDER in post #3]

And on topic?

It is on topic.If you are insisting that the game be played to your rules so that you win, I have to say 'never mind your rules'. They seemed convoluted but didn'tin fact seem to validate anything much, but appeared to lead away from the name (concept or identity) of Jesus or God or both being of any validity, but the mind game ends up with proving Jesus/God is valid.

So I say, never mind the rules of your game.

P.s I don't switch the mind off. :) You may be making a point about the inability to be sure of the identity of any god, let alone what name it is. I doubt it, but you may be hinting at that.