Why Was Satan . . .

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Why Was Satan . . .

Post #1

Post by Miles »

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Why Was Satan . . .

Post #61

Post by Revelations won »

Dear myth-one.com

You said: “Due to the same reason, sinning by rebelling against God, the good earth as originally created had reached a state of no form, void, and dark before the Genesis re-creation began in Genesis 1:3!

My response: Wherein do you find the account of a creation of the earth before that spoken of in Genesis? Also who created this earth?

After God originally created the heavens and earth in the beginning, He did not abandon it to its own fate. He placed a ruler and a host of subordinates to care for the earth. That caretaker was given rule over the earth. So who was this caretaker? It was the archangel Lucifer who became known as the devil or Satan after his rebellion. In the book of Luke, Satan is identified as the ruler having power over the earth.

My response: Wherein do you find the scripture that Lucifer or Satan is the archangel?

The only archangel that I am aware of is “Michael”.

Luke 4:5-7 wrote:
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.”

My responses:

It appears that you actually believe Satan’s lies wherein he falsely claims to have power to control the earth.

Christ alone is actually the one who created the heavens and the earth. He alone is sovereign over his creations.

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #62

Post by Stewardofthemystery »

James 1:13-15
King James Version
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #63

Post by myth-one.com »

Revelations won wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am Dear myth-one.com

You said: “Due to the same reason, sinning by rebelling against God, the good earth as originally created had reached a state of no form, void, and dark before the Genesis re-creation began in Genesis 1:3!

My response: Wherein do you find the account of a creation of the earth before that spoken of in Genesis? Also who created this earth?

Genesis speaks of two periods of earthly creation -- the original creation is in the first verse of the Bible:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

The second verse of the Bible describes that originally created earth as dark, empty, and void:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (Genesis 1:2)

At this point, there are only two possibilities, either God created the earth dark, empty, and void; or God created the earth very good and it had become dark, empty, and void.

The scriptures rule out the possibility that God created the earth as dark, empty, and void:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

Therefore, that leaves only one other possibility. And that is that God originally created the heaven and the earth in Genesis 1:1 as very good, and it had become dark, empty, and void as described in Genesis 1:2 over a period of time for some reason.
Revelations won wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 amMy response: Also who created this earth?
The Word created everything in both cases:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:1-3)

After God originally created the heavens and earth in the beginning, He did not abandon it to its own fate. He placed a ruler and a host of subordinates to care for the earth. That caretaker was given rule over the earth. So who was this caretaker? It was the archangel Lucifer who became known as the devil or Satan after his rebellion.
Revelations won wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am My response: Wherein do you find the scripture that Lucifer or Satan is the archangel?

The only archangel that I am aware of is “Michael”.
Definition of archangel: an angel of high rank.

Lucifer (AKA Satan, or devil) was given rule over the earth, so God must have thought highly of him at that time. Ruling over the earth probably would require a being of high rank.
Revelations won wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am Luke 4:5-7 wrote:
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.”

It appears that you actually believe Satan’s lies wherein he falsely claims to have power to control the earth.

Christ alone is actually the one who created the heavens and the earth. He alone is sovereign over his creations.
Nope. Satan was given power to rule over the earth.

Notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased. Jesus' immediate response was:

Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)

Once God makes a covenant, or testament, or promise, He always keeps it. Satan was given rule over the earth. Although he rebelled against his creator, God did not and will not violate the agreement. Satan was given rule over the world and a ruler must be defeated and overthrown! This is one of the reasons Jesus is coming to the earth, to defeat Satan.

Why do you believe Satan lied about being the ruler of the earth? Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ instructed us in the Lord's prayer to pray for the Earth to once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven:

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #64

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm .

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

God gave humans the privilege of making the choice of whether or not to stay faithful to Him. He didn't include Satan in that plan. All humans had to do was avoid the one tree, and that was not asking too much. If the first humans had obeyed God they would never have died.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #65

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:12 pm
If the first humans had obeyed God they would never have died.

Actually, the Bible discusses two deaths, the first and the second. Our first death is appointed to all mankind and cannot be avoided:

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

If Adam and Eve had obeyed God they would still have died their first death and remain dead until their resurrections.

The wages of sin is the second death, not the first.

Following their resurrection and judgment, Adam and Eve will be cast into the lake of fire and suffer their second and everlasting death if their names are not written in the Book of Life.

If their names are written in the Book of Life after judgment, they will be born again of the Spirit (God) as immortal spirits and live eternally ever after.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #66

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm

Actually, the Bible discusses two deaths, the first and the second. Our first death is appointed to all mankind and cannot be avoided:

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

If Adam and Eve had obeyed God they would still have died their first death and remain dead until their resurrections.
No they would not have died. It is your opinion that they would have died. Nothing in the scriptures tells us that Adam and Eve were designed to die. Everything points to their obedience as whether or not they would live. God said that they would die only if they ate from the one tree. If they had obeyed there would have been no need for a first and second death.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #67

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 am

No they would not have died. It is your opinion that they would have died. Nothing in the scriptures tells us that Adam and Eve were designed to die. Everything points to their obedience as whether or not they would live. God said that they would die only if they ate from the one tree. If they had obeyed there would have been no need for a first and second death.
Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, and He died His first appointed death.

There are two possible deaths involving mankind in the scriptures. The first is appointed and the second is optional.

Adam and Eve suffered their first appointed deaths.

Following their resurrection and judgment, they will suffer their second and everlasting death if their names are not written in the Book of Life.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #68

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:30 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 am

Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, and He died His first appointed death.

There are two possible deaths involving mankind in the scriptures. The first is appointed and the second is optional.

Adam and Eve suffered their first appointed deaths.

Following their resurrection and judgment, they will suffer their second and everlasting death if their names are not written in the Book of Life.
Who says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected? You don't know that. The willfully disobeyed God, in spite of being aware that they would die, as God clearly informed them. And, since God intended that humans should live forever in the first place, there was no need for first and second deaths. That came about only after Adam sinned by giving the finger to God.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #69

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:14 am
Who says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected?

It is stated in the scriptures that every human will be resurrected:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (I Corinthians 15:22)

And God inspired the scriptures:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Since the scriptures state that all will be resurrected, and all includes Adam and Eve, and the scriptures are inspired by God, the answer to your question is that God says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected.
You don't know that.

I believe it because God inspired it to be written, and God cannot lie:

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I'm not going to argue with or dispute God.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #70

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:13 pm
Who says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected?

It is stated in the scriptures that every human will be resurrected:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (I Corinthians 15:22)

And God inspired the scriptures:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Since the scriptures state that all will be resurrected, and all includes Adam and Eve, and the scriptures are inspired by God, the answer to your question is that God says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected.
You don't know that.

I believe it because God inspired it to be written, and God cannot lie:

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I'm not going to argue with or dispute God.
"All" will be resurrected? How about "all that obeyed Jehovah and Jesus, or the ones with a heart inclined toward obedience which God will know. There will be those at Armageddon who will be annihilated and not resurrected, as Jesus will separate the "sheep" from the "goats." (Matthew 25:31-33 and 41)