Christ has been given a name above every name

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Christ has been given a name above every name

Post #1

Post by Stewardofthemystery »

Jesus Christ has been given a name above every name, and this name also confirms the relationship between the Son of God and His Father.

Here is the mention of the name that is given to Jesus Christ that is above every name…

Ephesians 1:20-22
King James Version
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,”

And again here…

Philippians 2:8-10
King James Version
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”

Now here is the name of the Son of God Jesus Christ that is above every name…

Psalm 138:2
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.”

This confirms the name and the identity of the Son of God as being the Word of God.

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

When you come to understand that the Son of God is the very Word of God made flesh in Jesus, by which also God created all things, then the words of Jesus will make a lot more sense to you when Jesus talks about the relationship between God the Father and Himself.

Peace and Godbless

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Re: Christ has been given a name above every name

Post #2

Let me give you an example where Jesus’ words will make more sense when you understand that the Son of God is the very Word of God made flesh in Jesus Christ.

Notice below Jesus says he came out from God, and he is also to return to God the Father.

John 16:27-28
King James Version
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.“

Now Listen to what God says about the sending of His word below….

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Notice above where God says His word that He sent will accomplish that which He pleases. Now listen to Jesus’ words below…

John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

So you see there is a harmony to the text without contradiction when you understand that Jesus Christ is the very Word of God which God sent into the world to do the will of God the Father in heaven.

Peace and God bless

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #3

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Stewardofthemystery wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm Jesus Christ has been given a name above every name, and this name also confirms the relationship between the Son of God and His Father.

Here is the mention of the name that is given to Jesus Christ that is above every name…

Ephesians 1:20-22
King James Version
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,”

And again here…

Philippians 2:8-10
King James Version
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”

Now here is the name of the Son of God Jesus Christ that is above every name…

Psalm 138:2
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.”

This confirms the name and the identity of the Son of God as being the Word of God.

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

When you come to understand that the Son of God is the very Word of God made flesh in Jesus, by which also God created all things, then the words of Jesus will make a lot more sense to you when Jesus talks about the relationship between God the Father and Himself.

Peace and Godbless
The name "Jesus Christ" did not exist until the 17th century, after the letter "J" was brought into being. His name in the 1st century was Yeshua, which means that YHWY saves. The term "Christ" is taken from the term messiah, the anointed one. All the kings, judges, and prophets of Israel were considered anointed. The name Jesus Christ makes little sense, as it would mean "YHWY saves savior". Yeshua's message was to repent for the "kingdom of heaven is at hand", which is to say, that the "wrath" (day of the LORD)(Joel 2:31-32) is to come. No one has been saved from death, and the wrath of God remains at hand. And the "son of man" remains behind the door (Mt 24:29-31). The followers of Paul's message all get sick and die. They have not been saved from daily distress, much less the coming wrath of God. The "Word of God", the Law and the prophets, has been nailed to the cross per the message of the false prophet Paul, and apparently has become obsolete per the message of Hebrews. For the double minded, the hypocrisy of the narrative goes unnoticed. The relationship between Yeshua and his Father, is that because Yeshua is righteous, his Father listens to his prayers. Not the case with the followers of the false prophet Paul, and his gospel of grace/lawlessness.

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #4

I believe Saul/Paul was chosen and anointed by God to preach the gospel as is written.

This is also the words of the Lord…

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

But I also believe many people who say they believe Paul was anointed by God to preach also misunderstand many of the deep things that Paul said in his letters. Peter also said as much below….

2 Peter 3:14-16
King James Version
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.”

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #5

So when you understand that the Son of Gods name is called the Word of God, then you might view these verses in a new light…

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20:31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Believing in Jesus Christ is much more than just believing in the man named Jesus, it is also believing in His name which is the Word of God.

The Word of God speaks the words of God, every word of God we must believe to live.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God