Moderator: Moderators

Masterblaster
Sage

Matthew 11:28 ' Hope in God? '

Post #1

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

I went down to the beach this morning. A 180 degree turn for the better ,in the weather, has brought about a total transformation. Children are in T-shirts, Dads are eating ice- cream. Mams are having breakfast alfresco. Horses and dogs are being exercised. Almost everyone is talkative and happy and life appears suddenly wonderful. This spell of weather is predicted to last until the 25th.

Jesus encourages people to 'fall into God'. Embrace God totally and joyfully,...just like a sunny day. Become uplifted and eternal, in the moment.

QUESTION

How can this be a scam?

Thanks
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: Matthew 11:28 ' Hope in God? '

Post #21

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - "If Eden was a just the area from Cush to Assyria (there's a dating marker for the writing ;) ) then the Fall only applied to Adam and his descendants, not to the rest of the yumang race (even Paul never thought of that one) so only the hebrews were sinful, only they needed the Law and Gentiles were not subject to Adam's sin and do not need salvation."

------

Sorry ,T, but you come across to me as clueless, with regard to how the writings of Genesis are meant to work. On one hand you believe everything and on the other, you believe none of it. This started with a thread title, Hope in God.....what a ramble!
(You are correct that Paul, did not think of that one,...that is a TRANSPONDER exclusive!)
A sincere thank you, nevertheless, for all the feedback you have provided, over time but this time I really have to get out of here, T.
Thanks
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #22

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 am Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - "If Eden was a just the area from Cush to Assyria (there's a dating marker for the writing ;) ) then the Fall only applied to Adam and his descendants, not to the rest of the yumang race (even Paul never thought of that one) so only the hebrews were sinful, only they needed the Law and Gentiles were not subject to Adam's sin and do not need salvation."

------

Sorry ,T, but you come across to me as clueless, with regard to how the writings of Genesis are meant to work. On one hand you believe everything and on the other, you believe none of it. This started with a thread title, Hope in God.....what a ramble!
(You are correct that Paul, did not think of that one,...that is a TRANSPONDER exclusive!)
A sincere thank you, nevertheless, for all the feedback you have provided, over time but this time I really have to get out of here, T.
Thanks
I got a million of em. But I am only talking about what the Bible says. I can post the text of where Eden was (1) including the mention of Assyria which shows it has to be written after Assyria became important. It is just another clues that Genesis and I think Exodus were origin stories written in Babylon. A Theory (hypothesis) sure. But I see a lot of clues in the text and the experts have dated the books to 600 BC based on the writing -style.

Whether you stay or go is irrelevant. As I have had to say to many a Bible apologists 'It's not all about you'. Their Belief and denial doesn't matter. It is about the case and what evidence there is. I have presented (or at least hinted at) mind.

What do the Believers have other than denial?

(1) gen 2.8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #23

Post by Clownboat »

Masterblaster wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 pm
Clownboat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:14 pm
Masterblaster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:25 pm Think back to Adam when he tries to hide from God because of his self-consciousness.
I'm sorry, but to give credence to the Adam and Eve story would be to give it credit it doesn't yet deserve. Just like arguing against the earth being flat. Some claims don't even deserve to be argued against.

Be well!
Hello Clownboat

I hope that you did not think that I thought Adam and Eve was a real event. Consider it an allegorical parable, or a creation myth, or tribal folklore or whatever. The point is that there is insightfulness and truth within the narrative. Consider the evolution of modern man within the simple events of the Eden fall from God.
Thanks
I did, so thanks for clarifying.
I agree that stories can contain insightfulness and sometimes even truths. I am not claiming the Adam and Eve story contains either.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #24

Post by Clownboat »

Masterblaster wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 pm First of all , geographical or historical context does not change God.
The believed in god concept around the globe do in fact change due to where you are geographically. There are exceptions of course.
Secondly, ...this is not my concept of God.
What isn't?
I have added nothing to what is there, even if I could. When you talk about God concepts ,you appear to be referencing religious forms ,that have evolved into structure. That is not God, but rather a human response to same.
You keep using the word 'God'. What do you even mean if not for one of the god concepts we humans have available to believe in and supply answers to otherwise unknowable things?
If God is everywhere and within everything then further elaboration than that seems pointless.
You strengthen my ignosticism.
God is not an exclusively human concept, in any way. God is just there, as far as I am concerned.
Thank you for sharing a personal belief. Do you have any reason for holding it?
If you say that God is not there, then, so be it, ...nothing changes.
I do not. I am open to there being a supreme being/God, but honestly don't see that one is required in order to explain the universe we see around us. If you have any evidence, I'm open to seeing it.
What I am saying is that the God resource is what we should be using to amplify and enhance our existence in this world.
I must disagree with you due to all the division that religions cause.
Jesus and Job and others are offering an open and free invite to all.
Where are they doing this? I would like to examine this invite.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

BorisxArnolde

Post #25

Post by BorisxArnolde »

[Replying to BorisxArnolde in post #14]

However, the message of finding hope and rest in God is a deeply personal and spiritual one. It's about finding meaning and purpose in life, not about trickery or deceit.
If you're interested in exploring more about incorporating Christian elements into your life and decor, you might find some inspiration at https://www.christianwalls.com/. Adding inspirational quotes and symbols can be a beautiful way to express your faith and create a meaningful space.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #26

Post by TRANSPONDER »

We don't need it. Really, we don't. Human moral problems are best understood through evolutionary biology and social problems through logical ethics.

The only purpose about religious fairy tales as metaphors of the way the world,life and humans are is (other than literature) is to validate religion through the backdoor, and the game is given away when it turns out One Particular religion is the one so validated by using it as a metaphor.

Scam,swindle and con, folks, and there is no reason you should buy it.

Guestwatch :mrgreen:

129.How good is that. Welcome all, don't forget to press the button to release me from my holographic cell, but if you won't do that, sign on and let us hear your beliefs, or lack of them.