Jesus is God - Jude - the Lord saved his people

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Jude - the Lord saved his people

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Jude 1:4 For some people have slipped in among you unnoticed. They were written about long ago as being deserving of this condemnation because they are ungodly. They turn the grace of our God into uncontrollable lust and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah.[d]

5 Now I want to remind you, even though you are fully aware of these things, that the Lord who once saved his people from the land of Egypt later destroyed those who did not believe.
v 4 - one Lord Jesus
v 5 - the Lord saved his people in Egypt.
Therefore Jesus saved the people in Egypt.

But i thought YHWH saved his people in Egypt.
Exodus 3:7 The Lord said, “I have certainly seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their cry caused by their slave masters. I really do understand their pain, 8 so I have come down to deliver them from their domination by[h] the Egyptians and to bring them out of that land to a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey, to the territory of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 Now, listen carefully! The cry of the Israelis has come to my attention about how severely the Egyptians have been oppressing them. 10 So go! I am sending you to Pharaoh. Bring my people the Israelis out of Egypt.”

Therefore Jesus is YHWH.

Anyone want to argue against this interpretation of Jude?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Jude - the Lord saved his people

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:36 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #9]

Jude. 1st post.
That refers to the Father, God. Two Lords are mentioned in Jude. They work closely together, and the Lord Jesus does what his Father tells him to do. It is YHWH, Jehovah, the Father, who brought the people out of Egypt.

"Jesus answered and was saying to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.'" (John 5:19, NASB)

"I did not speak of my own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say....The things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me." (John 12:49,50, NASB)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father wo is in heaven will enter." (Matthew 7:21, NASB)

And of course Jesus himself did the will of the Father. Not his own will. "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me." (John 6:38, NASB)

So indeed the two Lords work in tandem. They are both mentioned throughout the Bible, even in the New Testament.