Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Todd
Student

A little help please

Post #1

Post by Todd »

Hi Everyone.

I'm in a debate where I'm the only Christian in the forum. The Atheists or Agnostics are stating some points that I can't fight back on, but I'm sure someone else would be able to, I'd just like to ask for some good Christian help in the forum to support me or bring up arguments against the non-believers.

The debate is under evolution vs creation and the title is 'Evidence for your Beliefs'. Thank you in advance.

Your Brother in Christ,
Todd

Icarus
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by Icarus »

I'll see what I can do.
What part do you want help with?

The omni -contradiction part? Old argument. goes nowhere. the question from poswaller (sp?) is self circling. and he knows it. it is a "logical" question but is not a "valid" question. I'd either leave it alone or pose the question back to him about the Law of Noncontradiction.

One of the basic tenets of scientific investigation or even naturalistic science (nature answers all) is that - something cannot come from nothing. Since this hase been proven so (apart from the theistic approach to a supernatural event) in all sciences. Every effect has a cause. So if evolution (using all the sciences: biology, cosmology, geology,...) states that the univers had a beginning from NOTHING. How exactly does that happen in an evolutionery standpoint. Evolutionery hacks love the whole idea of coming from some primordial soup. But even science is debating that there was even a "soup" at all.

In short, ask him if "something cannot come from nothing, then how did the big bang occur?" He'll either have to A) deny the Law of Causality. B) Admit to an eternal univers (which no scientist will admit to). C) admit to an supernatural event. D) him-n-haw about some non scientific volition of his to deny God.

If he takes A for his answer, ask him what "caused" him to answer that way :lol:

If he takes B for his answer, ask him about the Second Law of Thermodynamics, since the first law states that the univers has a finite amount of energy, and the second law says that we are using up that energy. How can it be eternal if it is limited in fuel and the car is running?

If he takes C as his answer, unlikely as that is, well, if he does, let me know, you've got him second guessing his own will.

If he takes D, there is no more argument, there is only "my opinion" or volition to deny accountability to a God.

Todd
Student

Post #3

Post by Todd »

Thanks for the help Icarus. You did well refuting something that I didn't have the wisdom to refute. I credit you for your arguments.

poorpilgrimpro

Post #4

Post by poorpilgrimpro »

its not about winning the arguement to them because even if you "win" the arguement they will still believe the way they do so just be like Christ, show the love even when they are completely tearing down your beliefs, its hard but stay strong and try to say something that will make them think, i suggest the book a christian perspective on creationism vs. evolution