Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed huma

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed humans?

Yes
15%
No
85%

Total votes: 26

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed huma

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Zzyzx wrote:"Are you suggesting that "god" is NOT willing to forgive if a person repeats the same 'sin' too often?"
Grand Pbuh wrote:Yes I think so since repeating the sin too often suggests no real repentance in the first place. Like times I have told God I'm sorry for looking at naked women on the Internet then turn around and do it again, over and over. I'm not really sorry, I'm just saying sorry to use like a lucky charm against punishment.
The implication by Grand Pbuh is that looking at nude photographs is "sinful" and requires "repentance" and "forgiveness".

Questions for debate:

1. Do you agree or disagree or offer a different answer? Explain your reasoning.

2. Under what conditions is looking at nude photos "sinful" (or evil, or undesirable)?

3. What biblical instruction prohibits looking at photos?

4. Is it also "sinful" for a religious person to look at unclothed people in person?

5. Is it "wrong" (or "sinful") for a non-religious person to look at nude people or photos? Who makes that determination?

6. Is it more "sinful" to look at photos than to look at actual unclothed people or vice versa?

7. Must one stop looking at nude photos or people completely in order to be "forgiven"?

8. Is this issue an example of human behavior or nature being condemned by religion?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #41

Post by Grand Pbuh »

joeyknuccione wrote:
Grand Pbuh wrote:
FinalEnigma wrote:Jesus did not say that everything in between lust and adultery is adultery..
Jesus pretty much said experts in the Law who try to find loopholes to wiggle through the Law are scum.
Yet another attack under the guise of religion to divert attention away from the original assertion. This poster seems quite adept at dodging debate by trying to sneak insults and slander through under cover of his religion.
Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Anyone would be foolish to argue with me that pleasuring yourself if you are a man, is pleasuring a man as a man, and therefore homosexual.

This is just common sense.
Unless otherwise noted, comments about God are statements of belief only.

cnorman18

--

Post #42

Post by cnorman18 »

Grand Pbuh wrote: Anyone would be foolish to argue with me that pleasuring yourself if you are a man, is pleasuring a man as a man, and therefore homosexual.

This is just common sense.
If that's true, then making love to your wife makes you a bisexual, because you are pleasuring a man (yourself) as well as a woman.

Masturbation may or may not be "sinful," but it would only make you gay if you're jerking it to pictures of men.

THAT'S what common sense looks like.

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Re: --

Post #43

Post by Grand Pbuh »

cnorman18 wrote:If that's true, then making love to your wife makes you a bisexual, because you are pleasuring a man (yourself) as well as a woman.
The definition of Bisexual is male only is ok, or female only is ok.

While Heterosexual is pleasure between male and female, enjoying each other.
cnorman18 wrote: Masturbation may or may not be "sinful," but it would only make you gay if you're jerking it to pictures of men.

THAT'S what common sense looks like.
It makes you gay if you have your hands all over yourself with no woman, which says male only is ok. Which is gay.

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #44

Post by Fallibleone »

To clarify: are you arguing that masturbation makes you gay?
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #45

Post by Grand Pbuh »

Fallibleone wrote:To clarify: are you arguing that masturbation makes you gay?
It is a gay activity of same-gender sex.

Beto

Post #46

Post by Beto »

Someone really wants to demonstrate one can, in fact, dig to China.

EDIT: I won't even touch your definition of bisexuality. Something might rub off.

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #47

Post by Fallibleone »

Grand Pbuh wrote:
Fallibleone wrote:To clarify: are you arguing that masturbation makes you gay?
It is a gay activity of same-gender sex.
You said this:
It makes you gay if you have your hands all over yourself with no woman, which says male only is ok. Which is gay.

Are you arguing that masturbation makes you gay?
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed

Post #48

Post by OnceConvinced »

Grand Pbuh wrote:
Beto wrote:I tickle my pickle.
Masturbation is sex with yourself and since you are the same sex as yourself, masturbation is homosexuality and forbidden in the Bible. As well as by my own sensibilities.
I laughed my ass of when I first read this. But in no way was it a laugh of mockery, just amusement. And I am tempted to say it does have some merits for the argument for why masturbation is sinful. (if you in fact believe homosexuality is sinful) However it's hardly common sense!

But even if you do believe the bible to be condemning homosexuality, masturbation is not exactly like lying with another man as you would a woman. If it's sinful, then IMO, it's only because it involves lust ie, sexual fantasies. (But Goat also raises a possibly valid issue)

I guess though, you yourself Pbuh must be admitting you are a homosexual, because as they say, all men masturbate. Those who claim otherwise are liars.
Which is like saying you aren't willing to trade junk food addiction for a healthier diet of fruits and vegetables.
There are many things that aren't addictive. I'd safely say that fruit and vegetables aren't. Wish they were though!

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #49

Post by Grand Pbuh »

Fallibleone wrote:Are you arguing that masturbation makes you gay?
Not at all, you are already being gay if you want to masturbate yourself being the same sex as yourself, you want to fondle the same sex.

It's not rocket science here.

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Re: Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed

Post #50

Post by Grand Pbuh »

[quote="OnceConvinced"But even if you do believe the bible to be condemning homosexuality, masturbation is not exactly like lying with another man as you would a woman.[/quote]

Basis:

1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.