Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed huma

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed humans?

Yes
15%
No
85%

Total votes: 26

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed huma

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Zzyzx wrote:"Are you suggesting that "god" is NOT willing to forgive if a person repeats the same 'sin' too often?"
Grand Pbuh wrote:Yes I think so since repeating the sin too often suggests no real repentance in the first place. Like times I have told God I'm sorry for looking at naked women on the Internet then turn around and do it again, over and over. I'm not really sorry, I'm just saying sorry to use like a lucky charm against punishment.
The implication by Grand Pbuh is that looking at nude photographs is "sinful" and requires "repentance" and "forgiveness".

Questions for debate:

1. Do you agree or disagree or offer a different answer? Explain your reasoning.

2. Under what conditions is looking at nude photos "sinful" (or evil, or undesirable)?

3. What biblical instruction prohibits looking at photos?

4. Is it also "sinful" for a religious person to look at unclothed people in person?

5. Is it "wrong" (or "sinful") for a non-religious person to look at nude people or photos? Who makes that determination?

6. Is it more "sinful" to look at photos than to look at actual unclothed people or vice versa?

7. Must one stop looking at nude photos or people completely in order to be "forgiven"?

8. Is this issue an example of human behavior or nature being condemned by religion?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Beto

Re: Is it "sinful" to look at photos of unclothed

Post #31

Post by Beto »

Grand Pbuh wrote:If you are a guy pleasuring yourself, are you pleasuring a guy? Simple question.
No, you're a guy/girl pleasuring him/herself. Human language is more sophisticated than you seem to give credit for. It evolved enough to eliminate ambiguities.

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by FinalEnigma »

I have a question. Does the bible condemn 'pleasuring' someone of the same gender? or just sex between two people of the same gender?

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by Grand Pbuh »

Beto wrote:
Grand Pbuh wrote:If you are a guy pleasuring yourself, are you pleasuring a guy? Simple question.
No, you're a guy/girl pleasuring him/herself. Human language is more sophisticated than you seem to give credit for. It evolved enough to eliminate ambiguities.
If you are pleasuring yourself you are either pleasuring a man or a woman, if it is the same sex it is homosexual. Are you somehow pleasuring a different sex than yourself when you are pleasuring yourself?

The only confusion is your denial of this simple fact. Like a fat man denies that eating too much is what makes him fat, because he loves eating so much and doesn't want to give it up.
Unless otherwise noted, comments about God are statements of belief only.

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #34

Post by Grand Pbuh »

FinalEnigma wrote:I have a question. Does the bible condemn 'pleasuring' someone of the same gender? or just sex between two people of the same gender?
Jesus says that lust in the heart is same as adultery, so everything in between. If you even fantasize about sex with the same sex to get pleasure you are being gay, nevermind actually pleasuring yourself who is of the same sex.

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #35

Post by Fallibleone »

And you're really sunk if you're a masturbating hermaphrodite. Or are you? All I know is I'm awfully glad I don't have to follow this stuff in my life.
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

Post #36

Post by FinalEnigma »

Grand Pbuh wrote:
FinalEnigma wrote:I have a question. Does the bible condemn 'pleasuring' someone of the same gender? or just sex between two people of the same gender?
Jesus says that lust in the heart is same as adultery, so everything in between. If you even fantasize about sex with the same sex to get pleasure you are being gay, nevermind actually pleasuring yourself who is of the same sex.
Even if you are deriving excitement from it by imaging it as, and mentally linking it to, actual sex with the opposite gender?

and what if you are pleasuring someone of the same gender, but not deriving pleasure from it? are you still gay? in this instance you wouldn't be lusting. Jesus did not say that everything in between lust and adultery is adultery and there isnt anything between them to begin with. lust is mental adultery(in that case) adultery is physical adultery. pleasuring someone of the same gender isn't physically homosexual sex, and it isn't mentally homosexual sex either.

Dragon
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by Dragon »

Grand Pbuh wrote:If you are pleasuring yourself you are either pleasuring a man or a woman, if it is the same sex it is homosexual.
Utter nonsense - and such bizarre views make it next to impossible to take seriously anything else you have to say about religion.
Desire for such a deity sprang from infantile yearnings for a powerful, protective father, for justice and fairness and for life to go on forever. God is simply a projection of these desires... - Sigmund Freud

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #38

Post by Grand Pbuh »

Dragon wrote:
Grand Pbuh wrote:If you are pleasuring yourself you are either pleasuring a man or a woman, if it is the same sex it is homosexual.
Utter nonsense - and such bizarre views make it next to impossible to take seriously anything else you have to say about religion.
Denial. Enough said about people who want to justify homosexuality just because it feels good.

Grand Pbuh
Apprentice

Post #39

Post by Grand Pbuh »

FinalEnigma wrote:Jesus did not say that everything in between lust and adultery is adultery..
Jesus pretty much said experts in the Law who try to find loopholes to wiggle through the Law are scum.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Grand Pbuh wrote:
FinalEnigma wrote:Jesus did not say that everything in between lust and adultery is adultery..
Jesus pretty much said experts in the Law who try to find loopholes to wiggle through the Law are scum.
Yet another attack under the guise of religion to divert attention away from the original assertion. This poster seems quite adept at dodging debate by trying to sneak insults and slander through under cover of his religion.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin