Incest - Acceptable or not?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Incest - Acceptable or not?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Another thing is, incestrous marriage seems to be approved by God in Abram's and Sarai's case. However, in other parts of the Bible, it was condemned. Now you tell me, shall we have incest or not?
That's a good question. What does the Bible have to say about incest?

DOG

Post #31

Post by DOG »

RavEMasteR wrote:If we take the idea of Adam & Eve, I'll be wondering. Why are our skin colors so different? There are the blacks, the whites, the chinese..., etc.

If we decended from the same two people, why do we have such a VAST difference in our skin color?

Simple explanation, 'environment'. Evolution provides a means to protect organisms by selecting the traits that help the race survive. Since the human race moved around, the people who moved to Africa evolved to have darker skin for protection from the sun, while the 'whites' in northern climes needed less pigmentation in their skin.

Quarkhead
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by Quarkhead »

Let's remember that we are debating the acceptability (or not) of incest here. It's understandable that tangential thoughts may prove useful to a given argument - however, please try and keep some relationship to the topic at hand.

hiramabbi2
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by hiramabbi2 »

My Take:

The Scriptures document us that incest is abomination to our Lord and not acceptable. Therefore, I don't believe that "incest" was a major part of the process of human multiplication, in the beginning.

Noah's grandsons, like Cain, had no other Humans to marry. They married and produced children with the descendants of the sons of God, made on the 5th Day. Every living Creature that moveth was created, from the water at this time. Gen 1:21.

This, of course agrees with Science, which says that we all originated, in the water. That's why today's Humans have BOTH Human Intelligence, and the DNA of Prehistoric Beings.

Lisa L.

About Incest

Post #34

Post by Lisa L. »

I have been in an incestuous life style most of my life. It started with my brother at an early age. I have dated men and was married once, no kids. In my 20s, I had my natuaral father's child. Normal and very smart. I currently live in the Philippines with my dad, brother, my brother's wife and her parents, brothers and sisters and many cousins. Our family is growing and we are very happy here. No fights, no abuse in any form, and we each work and go to church. Some to a Methodist church, others to St. Ann.
We are an incest family and we are very happy. We believe in God and we go to church every sunday. My sister-in-law is pregnant by my dad and so is my step mom and we all have sex with everyone in the family ONLY!
:D
Lisa L.

TQWcS
Scholar

Post #35

Post by TQWcS »

I have been in an incestuous life style most of my life. It started with my brother at an early age. I have dated men and was married once, no kids. In my 20s, I had my natuaral father's child. Normal and very smart. I currently live in the Philippines with my dad, brother, my brother's wife and her parents, brothers and sisters and many cousins. Our family is growing and we are very happy here. No fights, no abuse in any form, and we each work and go to church. Some to a Methodist church, others to St. Ann.
We are an incest family and we are very happy. We believe in God and we go to church every sunday. My sister-in-law is pregnant by my dad and so is my step mom and we all have sex with everyone in the family ONLY!
If you don't mind my asking what led you all to this lifestyle? I remember learning from anthropology that it isn't acceptable in any culture to have sex with anyone from your immediate family. The closest any culture comes is first cousin sex. Maybe the book needs to be rewritten...

Lisa L.

Family Sex

Post #36

Post by Lisa L. »

Family sex started way before I was born. My grandmother, my dad's mom was into incest from her parents. My grandfather was not into it, but knew of my grandma's involvenment.
Grandpa was a Baptist Minister too and served as a US Marine Corp Chaplin during the Viet Nam War. I had one cousin killed in Iraq. We enjoy sex with family and it goes way back.
You call it evil, I call it never cheating, never having to lie who I have been with or who's child I am having. Whatever you call it, we call it Family Love.
I am not endorsing it to everyone because many people can not handle it. I grew up in it and although I was never pressured or even around it, I am very happy having sex with the men in my family.

Lisa

adherent
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by adherent »

Woah! :shock:

adherent
Apprentice

Post #38

Post by adherent »

Lisa, do you believe in the Bible?
How do you feel about Chapter 18 in Leviticus?
I think you've about violated every unlawful sexual relation in that chapter.

What you have just told us is very confusing to me. :confused2: I mean, you say your Christian yet openly ignore what is written in teh Bible.
Last edited by adherent on Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adherent
Apprentice

Post #39

Post by adherent »

Furthermore, stating other people's incest to approve of one's own is rahter baseless and shaky (its one of those fallacies, i think the bandwagon one). Just becuase in Biblical times people committed incest doesn't mean taht God approves of it. What it does mean is taht we don't know of any punishments they may have recieved, or will recieve, for their behavior.

Lisa L.

FAMILY SEX

Post #40

Post by Lisa L. »

I made a statement of fact. I believe in the Bible and in God and in Jesus and I expect those here to judge me as a whore, although NO one has that right!
So if any of you are without sin, go ahead and cast the first stone. I posted a little of my lifestyle in the hopes of letting the general public understand that families like mine do exist.
But while the Bible thumpers, and those that are perfect in every way, those who are without sin, are burning people like me at the stake, there can never be a true understanding.
Incest began the human race! It has continued down through the ages.

Lisa