Did you know?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Did you know?

Post #1

Post by BigChrisfilm »

Did you know that Atheism is a religion?

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #31

Post by BigChrisfilm »

McCulloch wrote:
BigChrisfilm wrote:Our state religion has been turned to Atheism. We only have about at the most 1/3 of the population atheist, but they have taken over our country by default. I think it is rediculous. They want us to take God out of everything, our pledge of allegence. Our 10 commandments. That is a whole nother issue however.
McCulloch wrote:You are missing the point.

Your pledge of allegence is a form of established religion. By having a state sanctioned pledge which refers to a specific deity, you have an established religion. Removing the reference to god from the pledge and from your money, is not establishing atheism, it is dis-establishing the religions which refer to the deity as "God". Would you object if you money had "In Allah we trust" printed on it? Would you object if the state insisted that your country is "one nation under Allah"?
BigChrisfilm wrote:Look our constatution of the United States says we are all CREATED equal. That our CREATOR has given us unalienable rights. Do you think we need to take that out too? I am sure it will be one day.
You did not answer the question or address the issue.
However, to answer your question, yes, those markedly deist remarks probably should be replaced. Why not?
You want me to explain to you why we shouldn't change the constitution? I mean, do you know anything about America? I will fight to keep that thing the way it is. You start changing it, and there is no stoping it. The US is in alot of trouble.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by McCulloch »

BigChrisfilm wrote:You want me to explain to you why we shouldn't change the constitution?
Well, yes. I thought that was somewhat clear. Did you misunderstand my question?
BigChrisfilm wrote:I mean, do you know anything about America?
It's hard to share a continent with the world's only superpower and not know something about them.
BigChrisfilm wrote:I will fight to keep that thing the way it is.
Of that I have no doubt. It was handed down directly from the hand of God by Moses wasn't it? It is sacred, like the flag. Except they keep adding stars to it. But they keep adding amendments to the constitution.
BigChrisfilm wrote:You start changing it, and there is no stoping it.
That's right. They should have stopped at the end of the Bill of Rights. The repeal of slavery was a bad idea.
BigChrisfilm wrote:The US is in alot of trouble.
Perhaps it is. But I do not think that the somewhat weakly established deist religion as expressed in the constitution is the source of the US trouble. Do you? And I do not think that establishing religion in the US constitution will solve any of its problems either. Do you?

Do you know when "One nation under God" was added to the pledge? Do you know when "In God we trust" was added to your money? Would you fight to return to the original versions? Please?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #33

Post by Wyvern »

You want me to explain to you why we shouldn't change the constitution? I mean, do you know anything about America? I will fight to keep that thing the way it is. You start changing it, and there is no stoping it. The US is in alot of trouble.
The constitution HAS changed a number of times, there are even rules set on how to do it. 2/3 of the house then 2/3 of the senate then 2/3 of the states.
The constitution is a living document, the founding fathers understood that with time comes change and although it should not be easy it had to be made possible to add to it.

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Scrotum »

This is clearly the average American/Creationist thinking that ´Under God´ has been on the money and in the Pledge since God created the Nation (I guess 6000 years ago? haha).

And now he wants to ´fight to keep i´, even when its NOT the original, how ironic is that? Why dont the people against it point out that they should turn back to the original pledge as the Cold War is over and this false propaganda is not improving the people of the Nation, rather making them ignorant.

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #35

Post by BigChrisfilm »

Scrotum wrote:This is clearly the average American/Creationist thinking that ´Under God´ has been on the money and in the Pledge since God created the Nation (I guess 6000 years ago? haha).

And now he wants to ´fight to keep i´, even when its NOT the original, how ironic is that? Why dont the people against it point out that they should turn back to the original pledge as the Cold War is over and this false propaganda is not improving the people of the Nation, rather making them ignorant.
So, let's say we take out These following verse in the Constatution?

We are all created equal. If we take that out, then what is to stop our government from saying we are all unequal?

We were given unalienable rights by our creator. If we take that out, we no longer have ANY rights. You wanna take out those two verses? You are going to be the end of this nation.

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #36

Post by Wyvern »

We are all created equal. If we take that out, then what is to stop our government from saying we are all unequal?

We were given unalienable rights by our creator. If we take that out, we no longer have ANY rights. You wanna take out those two verses? You are going to be the end of this nation.
The only legislatively important parts of the constitution are the bill of rights and the amendments. I hope you noticed that it took the civil rights movement of the '60's to give african americans official equality. It's also important to not that the voting rights act has been delayed in congress for political reasons.
Those inalienable rights are spelled out in the bill of rights by the way.

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by BigChrisfilm »

Wyvern wrote:

The only legislatively important parts of the constitution are the bill of rights and the amendments. I hope you noticed that it took the civil rights movement of the '60's to give african americans official equality. It's also important to not that the voting rights act has been delayed in congress for political reasons.
Those inalienable rights are spelled out in the bill of rights by the way.
I can't believe there are Americans out there like you, that want to change the constatution of the United States. Well, I guess I can, remember, we are waiting for the New World Order. I guess you'll eat that up, won't you.

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by Wyvern »

I can't believe there are Americans out there like you, that want to change the constatution of the United States. Well, I guess I can, remember, we are waiting for the New World Order. I guess you'll eat that up, won't you.
What are you talking about? I never said that I want to change the constitution. I HAVE said that the mechanism exists to add to it and that this is a good thing. For an example I am happy that the proposed gay marriage ban amendment did not even make the first hurdle.

Anything that can not change and adapt to its millieu generally is doomed to wither and die, and that would be a terrible thing to happen to a document like the constitution. Thankfully due to the foresight of our founding fathers in the constitution they have created something which can live for the ages because it can be altered.

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #39

Post by BigChrisfilm »

Wyvern wrote:
What are you talking about? I never said that I want to change the constitution. I HAVE said that the mechanism exists to add to it and that this is a good thing. For an example I am happy that the proposed gay marriage ban amendment did not even make the first hurdle.

Anything that can not change and adapt to its millieu generally is doomed to wither and die, and that would be a terrible thing to happen to a document like the constitution. Thankfully due to the foresight of our founding fathers in the constitution they have created something which can live for the ages because it can be altered.
The constantution can be ADDED TO. NOT taken away from. You can't take anything OUT of it. You can ADD something to it.

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #40

Post by Wyvern »

The constantution can be ADDED TO. NOT taken away from. You can't take anything OUT of it. You can ADD something to it.
Then we are in agreement since that is EXACTLY what I said. The best and I think only example of that is prohibition which had an amendment to enact it and also end it.