The Christian Response to Homosexuality

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

micatala
Site Supporter

The Christian Response to Homosexuality

Post #1

Post by micatala »

Many Christians consider homosexual practices to be immoral. The forum has multiple threads which include arguments as to whether or not homosexuality should be considered immoral, and even whether this position is supported Biblically.

In this thread, we will take it is a given that homosexuality is immoral.

Under this assumption, what should the response of Christians be to the existence of homosexuality? How should we interact with or treat persons who are homosexuals?

In terms of political society, what sort of laws should Christians support with respect to homosexuality? If there is to be unequal treatment of homosexuals under the law, what is the Biblical basis for this?

Again, arguments concerning the morality of homosexuality are not relevant to the thread. What is relevant is discussion of the possible Christian responses to homosexuality, and what valid rationale there are for these responses.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #91

Post by chachynga »

Joe Blackbird wrote:
1John2_26 wrote:
Looks like I need to repent here...
Easyrider and any other Christians reading and posting here, I do apologize for being sarcastic in this thread...
Wow.

(Luke 6:27-38) "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

"If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

"Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
Totally backwards and out of context.

We are CALLED to JUDGE! HERE and Now to Judge, that is part of the package, and if you call yourself a Christian, exercise it!

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #92

Post by Cathar1950 »

You should know the answer! God directs you to the proper and Christian method in dealing with them, execution.
I see another sub-christian voice.
See John soulforce sounds rather tame.
Do you still wonder why they are making laws that you fear so much?
There is no lolerance to extend a life sentance when there is a mandate of death to be executed.
What about Bullets? Would they not be the modern and humane rendition of a stone that would swiftly deal with the abomination?
I believe a small firing Squad would be in order, and please - No Blanks allowed! -- That would be unGodly!

Here is a good place where ad hominem attacks are appropriate.
Better to attack with words then bullets or stones.
I can just see the love of God pouring out.

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: What about homosexuals, and the treatment they receive?

Post #93

Post by chachynga »

melikio wrote:
Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.
Well, if being a homosexual means I can't be in true contention for the "faith" or be saved by the blood of Jesus, then there is no hope for me in that particular "Christianity".

Then again, can't answer for every heart/mind dealing with sin; and no, I don't know my own heart any better than God, and certainly no one participating here knows it better than I do.

That being said, I ask (as I frequently have):
"How is it, that "Christians" should be treating homosexual people?"

We agree (for the purposes of this topic) that homosexuality is "wrong". Now, let's get on with describing (even to a societal level), what should be done for, with and about homosexual people (if anything). What does the Bible actually support, and how should Christians apply those teachings?

The question is profound, and it is pertinent; the author of this thread gets every KUDO I can muster in my heart. (It's an excellent switch, to an old and beaten topic.)

-Mel-
Study the law, repent from your perverse lifestyle do what the bible says to become a Christian, and never Go back, that is a good start....

obedience to God is necessary, belief is not enough!

Baptism is necessary faith alone does not cut it, fear kills faith, you must love the truth more than anything in your life.

Christ will bring Peace and he will destroy wickedness in your life, practice to not be a fag, walk in the words of God and put on his armour... but you must not return to that vile practice, you must not think you can be double minded.

If you love me, keep my commands, one of which is homosexuals are not allowed and they are to be stoned... ask God to kill your homosexual nature, ask him to destroy utterly your wrong thoughts, study the word and get baptised... turn from your past and do not practice it.

Decide to follow God and his ways or just admit that you are not
Christian.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #94

Post by chachynga »

1John2_26 wrote:This is where "casting pearls before swine," takes on its reality. That is not sarcasm, that is what Jesus was talking about. We Christians cannot place holiness in front of the unbelievers and expect them to know what to do. (Off-topic example given below, because of the direct connection to AU.org and homosexuality.)
Least they turn and rend you!

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #95

Post by chachynga »

1John2_26 wrote: Let us pray for those that hate us so loudly within the Gay Culture and Community; the Liberal, Secular and Progresive movements; and of course the incredible hatred leveled against Christians by those calling themselves Secularists; running down and eliminating Christians from the public and social setting . . . that they will see the immense greatness of embracing love through Christ Jesus and repenting and becoming a "Christian."
Ονλυ φορ ττηεμ

Ονλυ φορ τ

Only for them to come to the Truth and Repent or be destroyed. You do not pray for the vile wicked enemy of God, unless he repent or given all options to repent and come to the truth... he is not any concern of yours!

Jesus did not care if everyone liked him or his message, he was not into numbers, he was into truth and His Fathers way/laws/mind/heart/love.

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: Providence vs. Wrong Sense of Duty

Post #96

Post by chachynga »

melikio wrote:
This is where "casting pearls before swine," takes on its reality. That is not sarcasm, that is what Jesus was talking about. We Christians cannot place holiness in front of the unbelievers and expect them to know what to do.
Either people "follow", or they do not follow; Christians do not need to be attempting to "control" others (especially those who are not truly committed in the same way, that someone who believes might be).

Contend for "faith", should not be synonymous with quest for "power".

Let the "swine" be "swine", and live for Jesus as you might. Something has to be left to God, and just maybe one of those things is homosexual people.

-Mel-
perhaps it will come to that
but it is still man that is supposed to fall in line with Gods Laws

which BTW includes execution of himosexuals

Men of God will follow God.

Man's Government that is Godly, will execute Gods Laws.

Anything contrary is not Godly! But a degree of perversion and false worship of man instead.

Either people "follow", or they do not follow; ---- TRUE

Christians do not need to be attempting to "control" others (especially those who are not truly committed in the same way, that someone who believes might be).---- True as long as they are in line with Gods Laws, if not then the offending party shall be controlled or punished.

Simple really.

Either sell out 100% to God or NOT.

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: Under what biblical authority?

Post #97

Post by chachynga »

melikio wrote:
Think about it? Someone has to change their ways.
The job of "Christians", is NOT to go around "changing" people; that is God's providence.

When the "Christian" response oversteps its authority, it breeds the type of contentions which I believe God never truly intended, and also distorts the meaning of "Christiantiy".

There is no substantial biblical support for forcing people to be good, moral or holy (by the definitions we approve); it just isn't there. And too many Christians today (and in the past) believe that people can be changed by religious force...etc. That isn't so, and never will be.

Love is not about having its own way; it appeals gently to the human heart. It is not a RAM that pushes its agenda through at any cost.

-Mel-
Bull

Bull
Bull
Follow Gods laws or suffer the results.

All law curbs behavior and those that break the law get punished and punished or removed from society.

Queers do so because of a Choice, they are not Born that way.

Love is also about HATE, you have to justly hate that and all that which is against what YOU love or then you have a false love. To have it's own way and be contrary to the TRUTH is not Love, it's deception, and much more, it is anarchy, and sometimes Love does have to ram, even to death it's enemys.

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: Dealing with Homosexuality

Post #98

Post by chachynga »

Suzanne wrote:
melikio wrote:

When it copmes right down to IT????? GOD IS AFTER LL THE FINAL JUDGE OF US ALL> and WE AS IT HAS ALREADY been SAID DONE AND TAUGHT> IN THAT BOOK HE HAD WRITTEN FOR ALL OF US MANKIND!!!

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

Sow IMMORALITY AND UNNATURAL ACTS OF SEXUALITY AND YOU SHALL REAP GODS JUDGMENT FOR THAT DISOBEDIENCE AND INDISCRETION in the end.

Just as not eating healthy food in normal amounts will also REAP GOOD HEALTH and blessings of that. and believe me when I say I am not blessed fully in my health simply because of MY OWN CJOOSING to eat the way I do. so I reap what i sow. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWELLING and RETENTION OF FLUID, and FAR to many pounds that are neither good for my heart let alone for my body in general. CHOICE AND IT IS MINE AND I CAN BLAME NO ONE ELSE ..

RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!! . SOUND FAMILIAR TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR WRONG LIVING AND WRONG DOING AND WRONG ACTIONS???????? of which NONE WANT TO DO ANY MORE ABOUT ANYTHING> not even when they MUS DER someone anymore they PLEAD NOT GUILTY BECAUSE OF ANYTHING TO GET OFF OR SAVE Their LIFE WHEN IF YOU TAKE ANOTHER LIFE ON PURPOSE AND WILLINGLY THAT MEANS THE JUDGMENT IS TO BE DEATH. YES WITH TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. with all the FORENTHICS and TESTIMONY IF TOLD HONESTLY ON THE STAND thenJUSTICE would be done. BRIBES ARE PREVELENT < and DEALS MADE TO GIVE LIFE TO THOSE THAT ARE TO DIE and THOSE THAT DESERVE SENATANCES ARE KILLED AND GET DEATH,.

A man that KILLS A DFOG will get more time in jail NOW DAYS then one that KILS HIS CHILD AOR AS ABUSIVE TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING. our priorities are so messed up MAKES me wonder if we ever will get back on track without GOD'S INTERVENTION!!!! IT HAS ALREADY been proven that GOD AND HIS TRUTH means nothing to most now days. DOES IT????

no it does not in fact all that God has had written about what wouild come to pass is so prevelant today almost word for word. BUT FEW WANT TO FACE His words of truth .. I must say this thouf gh they will take notice when HE REVEALS HIMSELF AND HIS TRUTH ION WAYS that have not been believed would come to pass to begin with. FOR JUDGMENT ALWAYS comes. when it is HIS JUDGMENT. for He is faithful to what he has said about HIS JUSTICE..
Yup.

All things are Payback for Sin, one way or another, and the rewards are there for avoiding it --- and in so many ways.

All things we do have an effect/affect to this fleshly world and us as individuals within it all.

Surely God is True in all he says and yes he showed all through scriptures what he will do to those that disobey.

He does carry out what he says, and is coming to pass like it did before...

Blessing always abound when a society does what God says and always are in a downfall when and the more they do not.

Truth is truth! That is truth!

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: What say you all?

Post #99

Post by chachynga »

melikio wrote:Ok, now we know that homosexuality is "wrong", and that "God" is set to thrust many "homosexuals" into eternal punishment. Keeing ALL of that in mind, I think it would be helpful to move on to how "Chrisitians" should deal (practically) with homosexuality and homosexual people (neither of which are going to fade away and disappear from this reality.
But if man were to follow God's laws then they would. And when Christ Comes here, and rules on this Earth, they will be removed! They will Not be Part of the Kingdome.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #100

Post by Cathar1950 »

All law curbs behavior and those that break the law get punished and punished or removed from society.

Queers do so because of a Choice, they are not Born that way.
That is why we don't want religious laws in this country.
For a Pauline Christian you sure have a lot of laws.
You must really be dead in your sins.
I personally think "queer" and "fag" are inflammatory.
"Gay" is only if I am using it when I am referring to your attitude and ideas.
I think even John will find you offensive. But I could be wrong.