The Christian Response to Homosexuality

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

micatala
Site Supporter

The Christian Response to Homosexuality

Post #1

Post by micatala »

Many Christians consider homosexual practices to be immoral. The forum has multiple threads which include arguments as to whether or not homosexuality should be considered immoral, and even whether this position is supported Biblically.

In this thread, we will take it is a given that homosexuality is immoral.

Under this assumption, what should the response of Christians be to the existence of homosexuality? How should we interact with or treat persons who are homosexuals?

In terms of political society, what sort of laws should Christians support with respect to homosexuality? If there is to be unequal treatment of homosexuals under the law, what is the Biblical basis for this?

Again, arguments concerning the morality of homosexuality are not relevant to the thread. What is relevant is discussion of the possible Christian responses to homosexuality, and what valid rationale there are for these responses.

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: What say you all?

Post #101

Post by chachynga »

melikio wrote:
So, the OP asked one of the BEST questions EVER; I think those who would be most adamant about "homosexuality really need to chime in soon, because most homosexuals would (and likely should) take that silence to mean that the things "Christians" generally DO to homosexuals are right and just; or even that enough to make things right/better is actually being done. I DO NOT think that is true in either case, but I am interested to see what "Christians" think should be done with BOTH homosexuality and homosexual people.

-Mel-
That would take many pages.

In short it also depends on if they claim christ at the first, but not in the end of matters.

Why not give a detailed example or three as a starting point, I'm sure you have something in mind.

How about Cold, Unsympathetic, but polite as people are that meet one another in the mall. Perhaps rolling eyes and speaking out telling things, and then there is a point to shun them... all this is unless you catch them in the act.

If you catch them in the act... well well there is another story!

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: What's Christian? (Really)

Post #102

Post by chachynga »

melikio wrote:
They are to be found in the New Testament. After all, this thread is: The Christian Response to Homosexuality. That, has already been prepared for us.
So, if someone is so BOLD and DEMANDING as to say, "Show me your repentance.", I hope they don't mind when I ask to see their faith, hope, justice, compassion and love. After all, that's all "Christian" stuff too.

-Mel-
your lack of repentance is shown self evidant from your refusal to obey.

Plain and simple and cut and dry, there is no other way... faith without works is dead.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #103

Post by Cathar1950 »

How about Cold, Unsympathetic, but polite as people are that meet one another in the mall. Perhaps rolling eyes and speaking out telling things, and then there is a point to shun them... all this is unless you catch them in the act.
I am sure you don't limit this sort of treatment to Gays.
Now I could see why people might act this way towards you.
If you catch them in the act you were probably lurking about watching them. I don't see it any different then catching you in a heterosexual act.
It is more of a lack of class then an excuse to kill some one.
Or in your words ram then to death with love.
Very Freudian indeed.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #104

Post by chachynga »

1John2_26 wrote:Suzanne,

What point are you trying to make?

Preaching is not going to get it done on this website.
what

you guys dont want preaching?

I dont understand

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #105

Post by Cathar1950 »

Just copying and posting what every one said doesn't add much except you have to ignore it twice with all the caps.
what

I dont understand
This is a debating forum and even if we often discuss things we are not here for preaching or being preached at.
That is why we have churches and "TV charlatans".
It does not surprise me that you don't understand.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #106

Post by chachynga »

Cathar1950 wrote:
You should know the answer! God directs you to the proper and Christian method in dealing with them, execution.
I see another sub-christian voice.
See John soulforce sounds rather tame.
Do you still wonder why they are making laws that you fear so much?
Oh yea, I see how you are, rather love of satan than that of true God and his was. Yes man does pervert the effective and blunt truth of God and his holy nature.

There is a Sub what voice, hum, how about anti Judeo_christian voice - Yes indeed that's me!

What is soulforce? I dont understand!

Truth is often hard to swallow!

Oh, BTW there is nothing that I fear per se, nothing at all.

Try again!

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #107

Post by chachynga »

Cathar1950 wrote:
All law curbs behavior and those that break the law get punished and punished or removed from society.

Queers do so because of a Choice, they are not Born that way.

That is why we don't want religious laws in this country.
For a Pauline Christian you sure have a lot of laws.
You must really be dead in your sins.
I personally think "queer" and "fag" are inflammatory.
"Gay" is only if I am using it when I am referring to your attitude and ideas.
I think even John will find you offensive. But I could be wrong.

You and the rest of the world including Judeo-Christians, do not understand PAUL nor CHRIST.

I can show many quotes from The Perverts in question that call themselves Fag and Queer et al etceteras.

If they can call themselves that so can I.

Cant have a double standard now can we.

Gay is Happy, and the term was slowly changed since the turn of this past century....

I am gay, but I am not a fag.

To call a homosexual gay is an insult, they are no where near gay nor would anyone in their right mind call it gay in the true sense. Any one that cares to study the lifestyle, will see that they are sick perverts as a whole, sick sick sick indeed.

Recruit hell, they want to corrupt young men all across the land just to get more meat for their disgusting table.

melikio
Guru

What say even MORE "Christians"?

Post #108

Post by melikio »

Rationalized away God we see.

The sheelpe are not all stupid, some of us can see.

Anytime man (you) try to change God, that man is antichrist.

You fit the bill just nicely! Stop attempting to teach humanism doctrines.

Either repent or perish!
If the Bible says Stone them, and your heart don't fall the same way, that means that your heart and Gods heart are not in line / agreement.

Gods ways and your ways are not the same, so better to get to know God first.
Not Anywhere!

Not outside your City or over seas, not under the water or upon the moon.

NoPlace, Period... and if caught, swift execution.

My only thing is how?

With actual stones?

What about Bullets? Would they not be the modern and humane rendition of a stone that would swiftly deal with the abomination?

I believe a small firing Squad would be in order, and please - No Blanks allowed! -- That would be unGodly!

The Kingdome is HERE and it will be rulled over with Christ as Head with the Moral laws intact, what do you think will happen when Christ Sits Here as the King of Kings that he is and true Judgement is Executed?

Will Fags then be allowed to do what they want? No, Indeed the obvious answer is NO, God will not allow perversity to flourish, nor say even live.

Fall in line to Gods laws now and rend your heart to anything contrary...
No, not at all... its a matter of following Gods Law, his Will, doing so lawfully.

There is no lolerance to extend a life sentance when there is a mandate of death to be executed.

We are to have compassion, not excuse, love, not hate for God or man by allowing the evil to continue.
You should know the answer! God directs you to the proper and Christian method in dealing with them, execution.

No do you men in our present degraded and immoral society as it exists today, that perhaps better worded is what your looking for?

How should we interact with a fag in the modern world?
We are CALLED to JUDGE! HERE and Now to Judge, that is part of the package, and if you call yourself a Christian, exercise it!
Study the law, repent from your perverse lifestyle do what the bible says to become a Christian, and never Go back, that is a good start....

obedience to God is necessary, belief is not enough!

Baptism is necessary faith alone does not cut it, fear kills faith, you must love the truth more than anything in your life.

Christ will bring Peace and he will destroy wickedness in your life, practice to not be a fag, walk in the words of God and put on his armour... but you must not return to that vile practice, you must not think you can be double minded.

If you love me, keep my commands, one of which is homosexuals are not allowed and they are to be stoned... ask God to kill your homosexual nature, ask him to destroy utterly your wrong thoughts, study the word and get baptised... turn from your past and do not practice it.

Decide to follow God and his ways or just admit that you are not
Christian.
Only for them to come to the Truth and Repent or be destroyed. You do not pray for the vile wicked enemy of God, unless he repent or given all options to repent and come to the truth... he is not any concern of yours!

Jesus did not care if everyone liked him or his message, he was not into numbers, he was into truth and His Fathers way/laws/mind/heart/love.

If you catch them in the act... well well there is another story!
You and the rest of the world including Judeo-Christians, do not understand PAUL nor CHRIST.

I can show many quotes from The Perverts in question that call themselves Fag and Queer et al etceteras.

If they can call themselves that so can I.

Cant have a double standard now can we.

Gay is Happy, and the term was slowly changed since the turn of this past century....

I am gay, but I am not a fag.

To call a homosexual gay is an insult, they are no where near gay nor would anyone in their right mind call it gay in the true sense. Any one that cares to study the lifestyle, will see that they are sick perverts as a whole, sick sick sick indeed.

Recruit hell, they want to corrupt young men all across the land just to get more meat for their disgusting table.
I just had to put these "Christian" responses in ONE place, to illustrate just how much fear, hatred and hurtfulness they contain. Now of course, as this participant has certainly illustrated, that IS what he embraces as a "Christian" response to homosexuality. And no matter how one views homosexuality itself, we can see where this guy is coming from.

I can't wait to see what others have to say. O:)

-Mel-
Last edited by melikio on Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #109

Post by chachynga »

Cathar1950 wrote:
I am sure you don't limit this sort of treatment to Gays.
Now I could see why people might act this way towards you.
If you catch them in the act you were probably lurking about watching them. I don't see it any different then catching you in a heterosexual act.
It is more of a lack of class then an excuse to kill some one.
Or in your words ram then to death with love.
Very Freudian indeed.
Just because your mind is in the gutter does not mean that mine is there as well.

The facts are the facts and the homosexuals are an abomination. Hate God, hate his nature, I am here for you to hate as well.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #110

Post by chachynga »

Cathar1950 wrote:Just copying and posting what every one said doesn't add much except you have to ignore it twice with all the caps.
what

I dont understand
This is a debating forum and even if we often discuss things we are not here for preaching or being preached at.
That is why we have churches and "TV charlatans".
It does not surprise me that you don't understand.
Oh I see discuss as long as the truth remains hidden

yeah right