Jesus didnot resurrect himself.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dio9
Under Probation

Jesus didnot resurrect himself.

Post #1

Post by dio9 »

Jesus did not resurrect himself , It was God who resurrected him.

agree , disagree?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus didnot resurrect himself.

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

polonius.advice wrote:
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 1 by dio9]

I agree that Jesus did not resurrect himself. The following verses are typical of what the Bible tells us:

Peter said: "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know---this man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put him to death. But God raised him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for him to be held in its power." (Acts 2:22-24, NASB)

:flower:
RESPONSE: Yes. This passage by Luke is perhaps the last passage before John which showed that Jesus was NOT divine himself. He was designated as the Messiah, but not a divine member of the Trinity.

Everything he did was by God's power, never his own!
I agree.

Jesus was not part of God or equal to God.

John doesn't say that he was (or is), either. That misunderstanding is due to some pretty sloppy translation of certain verses.

Pierac
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by Pierac »

dio9 wrote:

I agree that Jesus did not resurrect himself. The following verses are typical of what the Bible tells us:

Peter said: "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know---this man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put him to death. But God raised him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for him to be held in its power." (Acts 2:22-24, NASB)

I take issue with the idea that God's plan was for Jesus to suffer. It is too simplistic. I have to disagree with the writer of this letter. God didn't plan it.

Like many prophets before him Jesus suffered for his people contrary to God's desire, God desires faith and trust in Him and his prophets, faith and trust .

Moses said to the people choose life. God's will is life not death. Maybe it's what usually happens but God does not want his prophets to suffer ,let alone his own son to suffer for the people. God's predetermination it that the people believe in him and his prophets and love Him and them with all their heart and mind.

What saith the scriptures...?

Heb 5:8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

1Pe 2:21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,

Now... what's in store for you...

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Are you humble yet?

:study:
Paul

Monta
Guru

Post #13

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 12 by Pierac]

"Now... what's in store for you...

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Are you humble yet?"

It's not a matter of humility but of reality that with Jesus the Christ we have new Testament, a new Covenant, a new begining; God is love and he wills that all man be saved, that is, loving God and loving neighbor.

polonius
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by polonius »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Pierac]

Are you humble yet?"

It's not a matter of humility but of reality that with Jesus the Christ we have new Testament, a new Covenant, a new begining; God is love and he wills that all man be saved, that is, loving God and loving neighbor.
RESPONSE: But not an accurate history, which is most important. "It happened and its history; or it didn't happen and it's not history." From History 101

dio9
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to Pierac]

Well if people need to be humbled maybe so, but Jesus did not need to humbled.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #16

Post by onewithhim »

Pierac wrote:
dio9 wrote:

I take issue with the idea that God's plan was for Jesus to suffer. It is too simplistic. I have to disagree with the writer of this letter. God didn't plan it.

Like many prophets before him Jesus suffered for his people contrary to God's desire, God desires faith and trust in Him and his prophets, faith and trust .

Moses said to the people choose life. God's will is life not death. Maybe it's what usually happens but God does not want his prophets to suffer ,let alone his own son to suffer for the people. God's predetermination it that the people believe in him and his prophets and love Him and them with all their heart and mind.

Heb 5:8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

1Pe 2:21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,

Are you humble yet?

Paul
What version of the Bible are you using? Whoever translated it already had a real bad view of God. I checked this out, and examined three other versions.

(1) The Interlinear Bible, Hendrickson: "I gave my heart to seek and to investigate by wisdom concerning all which is done under the heavens. It is an evil task God has given to the sons of men, to be afflicted by."

God is not evil. He has allowed mankind to be afflicted by evil, if they so choose to ignore Him. That is what I get out of it, and that harmonizes with the rest of Ecclesiastes. Further versions also focus on what God has "given," or, allowed, and not that God is evil.

(2) The New World Translation: "And I set my heart to seek and explore wisdom in relation to everything that has been done under the heavens---the calamitous occupation that God has given to the sons of mankind in which to be occupied."

God has allowed mankind to choose to be occupied with calamity. This is the idea that anyone who loves God would occur in their minds.

(3) New American Standard Bible: "And I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven.. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with."

Again, it is not God who is evil. He ALLOWS evil to affect mankind, if they so choose to act against His laws and principles.

Monta
Guru

Post #17

Post by Monta »

polonius.advice wrote:
Monta wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Pierac]

Are you humble yet?"

RESPONSE: But not an accurate history, which is most important. "It happened and its history; or it didn't happen and it's not history." From History 101
'Evil Elohim'? I suppose there's a transaltion to suit all taste.

Pierac
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by Pierac »

onewithhim wrote:
Pierac wrote:
dio9 wrote:

Are you humble yet?

Paul
What version of the Bible are you using? Whoever translated it already had a real bad view of God. I checked this out, and examined three other versions.

(1) The Interlinear Bible, Hendrickson: "I gave my heart to seek and to investigate by wisdom concerning all which is done under the heavens. It is an evil task God has given to the sons of men, to be afflicted by."

God is not evil. He has allowed mankind to be afflicted by evil, if they so choose to ignore Him. That is what I get out of it, and that harmonizes with the rest of Ecclesiastes. Further versions also focus on what God has "given," or, allowed, and not that God is evil.

(2) The New World Translation: "And I set my heart to seek and explore wisdom in relation to everything that has been done under the heavens---the calamitous occupation that God has given to the sons of mankind in which to be occupied."

God has allowed mankind to choose to be occupied with calamity. This is the idea that anyone who loves God would occur in their minds.

(3) New American Standard Bible: "And I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven.. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with."

Again, it is not God who is evil. He ALLOWS evil to affect mankind, if they so choose to act against His laws and principles.

What saith the scriptures....

NASB Pro 16:4 The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil. :study:

KJV Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

KJV Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

onewithhim wrote:What version of the Bible are you using? Whoever translated it already had a real bad view of God.
Are your eyes starting to open to the plan of God???

KJV Ecc 1:13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore7451 travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

Word Study: H7451 רע ra‛, ָרָעה
rā‛āh:
An adjective meaning bad, evil.

Concordant OT Ecc 1:13 “It is an experience of evil Elohin [God] has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.�

KJV Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Time for you to stop following men's ...teaching and seek your own path to God! The narrow way!

Paul

dio9
Under Probation

Post #19

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 16 by onewithhim]

The view of the Hebrews, (who wrote the bible ) was Isaiah is referring to the Jewish people as a whole to be the "suffering servant".

Pierac
Under Probation

Post #20

Post by Pierac »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 16 by onewithhim]

The view of the Hebrews, (who wrote the bible ) was Isaiah is referring to the Jewish people as a whole to be the "suffering servant".

Is not Jesus referring to be the Jewish people as a whole... to be the "suffering servant" ???

Paul