Why would God need a hell?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

mickiel
Guru

Why would God need a hell?

Post #1

Post by mickiel »

As I consider God, its hard for me to consider him needing a place like hell? The Christian concept of eternal hell punishing is a barbaric thing to consider. Why would God need to punish a human for all of eternity. Lets just say a human does not believe in God, and they live that way for 80 years; they die and according to many interpretations of hell , they will be brought back to life; judged, then banished to an eternity of living suffering in this hell.

I mean that punishment does not even fit the crime; 80 years of living, now they must live forever in suffering? Why?

Why would a God even need to do that?

mickiel
Guru

Post #921

Post by mickiel »

Adam did not " Fall" , there is no such thing as the fall; Adam was kicked out of Eden ; that's what you call an intentional throw!

dio9
Under Probation

Post #922

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to mickiel]

ya see that's not the Christian position. ya want to talk about Zoroastrianism? They have an eternal hell? Hell is where the demons live .

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Re: Why would God need a hell?

Post #923

Post by Blastcat »

mickiel wrote: As I consider God, its hard for me to consider him needing a place like hell? The Christian concept of eternal hell punishing is a barbaric thing to consider. Why would God need to punish a human for all of eternity. Lets just say a human does not believe in God, and they live that way for 80 years; they die and according to many interpretations of hell , they will be brought back to life; judged, then banished to an eternity of living suffering in this hell.

I mean that punishment does not even fit the crime; 80 years of living, now they must live forever in suffering? Why?

Why would a God even need to do that?
I consider the Abrahamic god an evil psychopath. It makes way more sense

dio9
Under Probation

Post #924

Post by dio9 »

[[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 871#800871]Replying te

that is close to the Gnostic myths where demiurge is an ignorant inferior creator not psychopathic but dumb. Which explains why world civilization is such a mess.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #925

Post by Blastcat »

dio9 wrote: [[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 871#800871]Replying te

that is close to the Gnostic myths where demiurge is an ignorant inferior creator not psychopathic but dumb. Which explains why world civilization is such a mess.
Just
Just dumb.? The god might be stupid but it kills a lot, and hell is pure evil.

mickiel
Guru

Post #926

Post by mickiel »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to mickiel]

ya see that's not the Christian position. ya want to talk about Zoroastrianism? They have an eternal hell? Hell is where the demons live .

I am not a Christian.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #927

Post by ttruscott »

mickiel wrote:

I am not a Christian.
And the problem with that is not that you think Christianity has perverted the meaning of the GOD human contact so much but that YHWH HIMself, our Creator GOD, El Shaddai, has declared: Exodus 22:20 "Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed. vehement anti-Universalism from the beginning.

The falsehood that YHWH is a Universalist like all the false gods (as if I could not read for myself what HIS attitude was) is the lie that brought me to the One GOD who did not seem to be lying. Good luck with your path...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #928

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to ttruscott]

I say there is only one God and people have different ideas about Him/Her/It.

mickiel
Guru

Post #929

Post by mickiel »

ttruscott wrote:
mickiel wrote:

I am not a Christian.
And the problem with that is not that you think Christianity has perverted the meaning of the GOD human contact so much but that YHWH HIMself, our Creator GOD, El Shaddai, has declared: Exodus 22:20 "Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed. vehement anti-Universalism from the beginning.

The falsehood that YHWH is a Universalist like all the false gods (as if I could not read for myself what HIS attitude was) is the lie that brought me to the One GOD who did not seem to be lying. Good luck with your path...

Well thank you.

I still disagree with your views of God. In my view , God is a universalist ; but why do I think that?

Because;

He includes everyone . We all mean something to him. His power is Universal , his mind is Universal , his care and concern is Universal , his history is Universal , his Love and Kindness is Universal , his Joy is Universal , his Peace is Universal , his Kingdom is Universal and his eternity is Universal.

IF one must use only one term to describe him , if they used " Universal" , in my view they would be correct!

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #930

Post by Blastcat »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to ttruscott]

I say there is only one God and people have different ideas about Him/Her/It.

Why do you believe that there is one at all?
What kind of God are talking about.?