Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #21

Post by 1213 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:52 pm ...
1 John 5:7 wrote:For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
The phrase, "and these three are one," can have a completely different meaning than presently believed.

These verses could simply indicate that all three beings are one in agreement and purpose. ...
Yes, I think it means they are one, because they have the same will. And by the same way disciples of Jesus are one with God also:

I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are.
John 17:11

that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.
John 17:21

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #22

Post by The Nice Centurion »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:31 am
1213 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:19 am The biggest problem with that is, it is not Biblical teaching, it is not what God or Jesus tells in the Bible.
That is what separates Trinitarians from non-Trinitarians, now isn't it?
Exacly! Trinitarians read unbiblical things into the bible!
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #23

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 pm [Replying to Brightfame52 in post #15]

Daniel was dreaming.

Your "God/man Jesus" (described in your Post #12) is not even a party to the faulty covenant which He was sent to fix. He was made a man/God for the purpose of tasting death. But He cannot die as He is a God. And the man part of Him is appointed to die because He is a man, but He cannot die because the God part of Him is immortal. Being a man/god makes Him totally unfit to complete His mission.

Since you've created Him as a God/man unfit for the purpose of dying, what's His first step from this point?
So you brush off Daniels Testimony because it was a dream ? Thats not good friend. Daniel is the word of Truth.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #24

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:08 pm So you brush off Daniels Testimony because it was a dream ? Thats not good friend. Daniel is the word of Truth.

You brush off the multiple scriptures inspired by God which clearly state that Jesus was a man!

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #25

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:39 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:08 pm So you brush off Daniels Testimony because it was a dream ? Thats not good friend. Daniel is the word of Truth.

You brush off the multiple scriptures inspired by God which clearly state that Jesus was a man!

I havent brushed off any. Jesus was a Man, and He is God. I have stated that many times. So dont lie on me. Yet you brush off Daniel, the very word of God, and then attempt to justify it.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #26

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 pm

I havent brushed off any. Jesus was a Man, and He is God. I have stated that many times. So dont lie on me. Yet you brush off Daniel, the very word of God, and then attempt to justify it.
Two type of bodies are defined in the Bible:
I Corinthians 15:44 wrote:There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
And they do not mix:
I Corinthians 15:40 wrote:. . . but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
So there is no man/God combination anywhere, anytime, or any place.

I said Daniel was discussing one of his dreams.

Was that wrong?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #27

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:03 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 pm

Two type of bodies are defined in the Bible:
I Corinthians 15:44 wrote:There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
And they do not mix:
I Corinthians 15:40 wrote:. . . but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
So there is no man/God combination anywhere, anytime, or any place.

I said Daniel was discussing one of his dreams.

Was that wrong?
It doesnt matter, What Daniel reveals is that Christ is God. And yes Christ is a Man as well. Scripture reveals both. You only concentrate on the scriptures that manifest His Manhood and flip off the scriptures that demand He is God !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #28

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:04 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 pm It doesnt matter, What Daniel reveals is that Christ is God. And yes Christ is a Man as well. Scripture reveals both. You only concentrate on the scriptures that manifest His Manhood and flip off the scriptures that demand He is God !
If Christ is a God, how could He "die" for our sins?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #29

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:29 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:04 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 pm It doesnt matter, What Daniel reveals is that Christ is God. And yes Christ is a Man as well. Scripture reveals both. You only concentrate on the scriptures that manifest His Manhood and flip off the scriptures that demand He is God !
If Christ is a God, how could He "die" for our sins?
Already answered about a dozen times. Jesus is God and Man !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #30

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:47 pm It doesnt matter, What Daniel reveals is that Christ is God. And yes Christ is a Man as well. Scripture reveals both. You only concentrate on the scriptures that manifest His Manhood and flip off the scriptures that demand He is God !
Myth-one.com wrote:If Christ is a God, how could He "die" for our sins?
Brightfame52 wrote:Already answered about a dozen times. Jesus is God and Man !
But the Bible repeatedly disputes your "God and Man" answer.

Why should I accept your answer over the God inspired scriptures?

Are your qualifications better than God's?

Under the New Testament Covenant, God is the benefactor and man is the possible beneficiary.

It is a covenant between God and mankind.

Your God/man is not a party to that covenant! He, she, or it (the God/man) is never involved or mentioned in that Covenant.