If god doesn't follow his own rules, why should we?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Princess Luna On The Moon
Apprentice

If god doesn't follow his own rules, why should we?

Post #1

Post by Princess Luna On The Moon »

*Let's assume the Christian god is real*

This is mostly about the Old Testament where many rules (the 10 Commandments for instance) are listed. If god so rarely follows his own rules and often switches character traits, why should we follow anything he says? Wouldn't his lack of consistency make him rather pathetic as a supreme leader?

Also, why should we follow something even if we find it immoral? Why is harming other humans in the name of god justified? Or, why is god allowed to get away with killing, harming, or ignoring us, yet whenever something good happens, he gets all the credit?

Donray
Guru

Post #61

Post by Donray »

mms20102 wrote: [Replying to post 57 by Donray]

There is no such a thing in Quran and God mentioned the babies that were buried alive
" when the buried girl is asked why she was murdered " god will accomplish justice at the judge day even for the hapless and even in the animal kingdom he will make pull with no horns to get horns and hit the one it hit it
God could never be happy by killing people from Islamic viewpoint
You don't know Quran? There is a story about how Allah murdered babies and almost all humans and animals by drowning. Or, do you want to make some kind of excuses like people had it coming including innocent babies? Do you think it OK to kill your baby by drowning? After all, these babies are gods children.

mms20102
Scholar

Post #62

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 60 by Donray]
God said take 2 kind of each species and your people except those who ignored the existence of god noah kept preaching his people for years and warned them long time and they didn't listen so god didn't drawn them by force he warned them more than once and people ignored the warning so its not god's fault very simple like if I tell you a fire will break out here and you ignored my warnings am I the one to be blamed for your death ? you killed yourself you refused to listen to the warning

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #63

Post by ttruscott »

Donray wrote: Could someone explain how God killing babies by drowning is not Murder?

Is it OK to kill a baby for any reason?
Donray wrote: Do you think it OK to kill your baby by drowning? After all, these babies are gods children.
GOD's children? No ma'am. The most ancient idea that not all are the children of GOD is found in Deuteronomy 32:5 "They have acted corruptly toward Him, They are not His children, because of their defect; But are a perverse and crooked generation. or: their defect is that they are not HIS children. proves not all humans are GOD's children, only those born again: Heb 12:8 If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Illegitimate / reprobate / counterfeit children of GOD abound.

The Word tells us that all have fallen short and all are sinners, even babies. Therefore as sinners they are under GOD's righteous judgment, they are convicted criminals under the sentence of death. How, when and why He decides to fulfill this sentence is HIS business, not ours.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #64

Post by OnceConvinced »

mms20102 wrote:
2- Jesus told his followers to bring the people who don't follow him and slay them before him
Where does Jesus say this?
mms20102 wrote: 3- Jesus said wine is bad yet he converted water into wine
Please show where Jesus ever said wine is bad.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Donray
Guru

Post #65

Post by Donray »

ttruscott wrote:
Donray wrote: Could someone explain how God killing babies by drowning is not Murder?

Is it OK to kill a baby for any reason?
Donray wrote: Do you think it OK to kill your baby by drowning? After all, these babies are gods children.
GOD's children? No ma'am. The most ancient idea that not all are the children of GOD is found in Deuteronomy 32:5 "They have acted corruptly toward Him, They are not His children, because of their defect; But are a perverse and crooked generation. or: their defect is that they are not HIS children. proves not all humans are GOD's children, only those born again: Heb 12:8 If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Illegitimate / reprobate / counterfeit children of GOD abound.

The Word tells us that all have fallen short and all are sinners, even babies. Therefore as sinners they are under GOD's righteous judgment, they are convicted criminals under the sentence of death. How, when and why He decides to fulfill this sentence is HIS business, not ours.
I expected Christians to have some excuses for God being a murderer
So, what you are saying is the only Noah and some of his family were humans?

Explain how babies sinned? Explain how they are not children of God? This flies in the face of stupid Christians being against abortion. Abortion is OK because fetus have sinned against God

Do you see how stupid what you are saying is?

mms20102
Scholar

Post #66

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 62 by ttruscott]

excuse me but the age to judge a person is when he start to become adult so he can have knowledge about what is going on babies don't sin

mms20102
Scholar

Post #67

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 63 by OnceConvinced]

Luke 19:27
27And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me.

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler;
whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Ephesians 5:18
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit

Kevin Cross
Student

Post #68

Post by Kevin Cross »

[Replying to post 4 by Divine Insight]

So you're perfect...Is that it? You would
like to believe in a God as moral as I am.
Don't make me laugh! You couldn't polish God's dirtiest shoes and I can't either. And the bible says:
But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Mathew 3:1

I pray for your soul when the Lamb will finally come and you realize we Christians were right all along, only by then, it will be too late.

Kevin Cross
Student

Re: If god doesn't follow his own rules, why should we?

Post #69

Post by Kevin Cross »

[Replying to post 1 by Princess Luna On The Moon]

Did it ever occur to you that you have a feeble mind compared to God's. How in the world do you know He is not following His own rules

If humans have finite mind, they have limited understanding
If God has infinite mind and He has a complete understanding
If you are human, you understand less than God.

If we follow that logic, you cannot judge whether God follows His own rules Assuming (or knowing by faith) God of the Christian Bible exists, we can also follow this logic:

Since God is the sovereign Creator of rules, standards is within His being and character
Breaking rules goes against God's character
God cannot contradict Himself and therefore; He follows and implements them throughout Creation.

So just because you may, through disbelief, may not think God is following his own rules, does not make it so. It is more likely you just don't comprehend what God does because you have a finite mind.

Donray
Guru

Post #70

Post by Donray »

mms20102 wrote: [Replying to post 62 by ttruscott]

excuse me but the age to judge a person is when he start to become adult so he can have knowledge about what is going on babies don't sin
Ah but God/Allah murdered babies therefore it (your god) sinned.