What did carnivores eat after the flood?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

What did carnivores eat after the flood?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Quarkhead asked a good question. So I'm creating a new topic here to address it.

After all the animals stepped off Noah's ark, what did the carnivores eat? All the (land) animals perished in a world-wide flood. So the only animals that carnivores could eat were those that stepped off the boat. Wouldn't they have all eaten each other? And also what did the carnivores eat while they were in the ark?
Last edited by otseng on Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #51

Post by ST88 »

turtleguy wrote:carnivores eat more than meat. i have turtles and dogs and they're carnivores, they eat just about anything, they are domesticated which adds a lot to what they will eat but i bet you could feed a undomesticated animal something other than meat. my grandfather has a pet fox that just comes up every night and my grandfather gives him table scraps which is not good but that little fox will eat anything!
Actually, dogs and turtles are omnivores, eating meat, carrion, and plant matter. Strict carnivores, like cats and sharks may consume plants (as my houseplants can testify to), but they receive no nutritional value from plant matter, which usually passes through with little digestive action.

turtleguy
Student

Post #52

Post by turtleguy »

maybe they picked up all the dead stuff they saw floating in the water :D

perfessor
Scholar

Post #53

Post by perfessor »

turtleguy wrote:maybe they picked up all the dead stuff they saw floating in the water :D
Odd for me to lend support to a creationist argument - but you have a point. Many (most? all?) carnivores are not above scavenging for a meal. Eagles, wolves, big cats, will all eat carrion, which is the proverbial "free lunch" acquired at minimum expenditure of energy.

But I still say, it never happened. :)
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

superimposed
Apprentice

Re: What did carnivores eat after the flood?

Post #54

Post by superimposed »

otseng wrote:Quarkhead asked a good question. So I'm creating a new topic here to address it.

After all the animals stepped off Noah's ark, what did the carnivores eat? All the (land) animals perished in a world-wide flood. So the only animals that carnivores could eat were those that stepped off the boat. Wouldn't they have all eaten each other? And also what did the carnivores eat while they were in the ark?
a plane crashes on the border of canada and the U.S., where do you bury the survivors? You don't bury survivors. Firstly, there were no carnivores adaptation had to take effect gradually. Secondly considering Noah the animals stayed on the ark 7 days they very likely had additional food onboard and didn't eat the very last scrap. So I would assume as animals spread out they would adapt and start to eat meat. The ark story covers that after noah made the sacrifice then God smelled the sweet savour and said man can eat meat. Those obedient to Him at least, perhaps people ate meat prior to the flood, maybe even each other since all was evil continually.

nygreenguy
Guru

Post #55

Post by nygreenguy »

superimposed wrote:a plane crashes on the border of canada and the U.S., where do you bury the survivors? You don't bury survivors. Firstly, there were no carnivores adaptation had to take effect gradually. Secondly considering Noah the animals stayed on the ark 7 days they very likely had additional food onboard and didn't eat the very last scrap. So I would assume as animals spread out they would adapt and start to eat meat. The ark story covers that after noah made the sacrifice then God smelled the sweet savour and said man can eat meat. Those obedient to Him at least, perhaps people ate meat prior to the flood, maybe even each other since all was evil continually.
Its impossible to even fit that many animals on a boat that size, let alone food reserves. Its still an impossible story.

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

Post #56

Post by FinalEnigma »

superimposed wrote:
otseng wrote:Quarkhead asked a good question. So I'm creating a new topic here to address it.

a plane crashes on the border of canada and the U.S., where do you bury the survivors? You don't bury survivors. Firstly, there were no carnivores adaptation had to take effect gradually. Secondly considering Noah the animals stayed on the ark 7 days they very likely had additional food onboard and didn't eat the very last scrap. So I would assume as animals spread out they would adapt and start to eat meat. The ark story covers that after noah made the sacrifice then God smelled the sweet savour and said man can eat meat. Those obedient to Him at least, perhaps people ate meat prior to the flood, maybe even each other since all was evil continually.
How long ago was the flood?
We do not hate others because of the flaws in their souls, we hate them because of the flaws in our own.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by JoeyKnothead »

nygreenguy wrote: Its impossible to even fit that many animals on a boat that size, let alone food reserves. Its still an impossible story.
It does seem the OP offers a trick question (though not nefariously so). If we presume this god-made flood and this ark, we might as well presume the rest of the story.

Carnivores by definition will have eaten meat almost exclusively before, during, and after this flood. As mentioned before, it may have been carrion, but it was meat. Any other foods and the animal becomes an omnivore, herbivore, or anything but a carnivore.

nygreenguy
Guru

Post #58

Post by nygreenguy »

joeyknuccione wrote:
Carnivores by definition will have eaten meat almost exclusively before, during, and after this flood. As mentioned before, it may have been carrion, but it was meat. Any other foods and the animal becomes an omnivore, herbivore, or anything but a carnivore.
Then what about carnivorous plants? A plant cant rely on a dead fly simply happening to fall into its lair.

superimposed
Apprentice

Post #59

Post by superimposed »

FinalEnigma wrote:
superimposed wrote:

How long ago was the flood?
The flood was right before the KT boundary about 65 million yrs ago and the meteorite sent forth by God to destroy the dinosaurs so that it could cover up the mistake of having created men and dinosaurs among his other mistaken races of human ape combinations, once Gods experiments were complete and Noah and his family had all the alleles to support our current human race, the the other branches of man were no longer needed. The meteor was actually satan crashing down to earth on his spacecraft with the millions of angels on board with him. This also sunk atlantis and destroyed the original pangea causing demons to be stuck here for good and so god turned them all invisible until they can get their spaceship fixed, which currently resides inside the earth.

Well ok I made up some of that but the rest is definitely verifiable in science books. And the bible.

Or the flood was 1656 years after creation which puts it abbout 4700 - 5000 years ago.

superimposed
Apprentice

Post #60

Post by superimposed »

nygreenguy wrote:
joeyknuccione wrote:
Then what about carnivorous plants? A plant cant rely on a dead fly simply happening to fall into its lair.
everything was herbivorous before the flood. Especially the animals that God led to Noah.