Questions for Christians

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

X-Christian
Student

Questions for Christians

Post #1

Post by X-Christian »

I have a couple of questions for Christians.
1 - if god is all knowing then he knew before time began who would accept him or could even possibly have ever heard of him. There's too many religions on this planet as of right now that doesn't even know the name jesus even exist. This is not including the billions people that has died believing in the god of their time based off of the geographical location they were born in. Just liked Christians. Since jesus said that he is the only way to god and since god is all knowing then he knew before time began who he was sending to hell to be burned. Sounds like an evil dictator. Personally, id rather had not been born then to be born by God but predestined for hell. And any response that disagrees and says he still gives me the choice totally takes away the claim that he's all knowing.
2nd question is why didn't gods curse for Satan to slither on his belly and only eat dust in the garden didn't stick? We obviously see Satan walking around in the book of job. He was standing with Jesus when he offered him the kingdom after jesus's baptism and he's all over revelation walking around. What happened to God's curse? Apparently god isn't as powerful as Christians say?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Questions for Christians

Post #31

Post by ttruscott »

Bust Nak wrote:
If free will is broken at point X, then how could one choose to have it repaired at a point after X?
Please, what do you think a free will IS?? It is the ability to make a choice. Period. I can choose between going right or going left and if it is not forced then I am free but if it is forced so I can only go in one direction it is not a free choice. FREE MEANS FREE FROM COERCION TO DO SOMETHING OR THE CONSTRAINT TO NOT DO SOMETHING. So why could not one decision be free and the next one coerced?
Bust Nak wrote:
We seem to have quite a different understanding of the pre-earth reality...
Okay, let me recap what my impression of pre-earth is from reading your post.

We existed as spirit. We had freewill. We were given a choice to make, accept or reject God. We had no certain knowledge that what we are told is the truth or lies.
So far so good.
We had to make an uninformed decision based on our desire to trust God.
The word uninformed is wrong. If we were informed about nothing then no choice is offered. We were informed of the choice, the meaning of the options, and the natural consequences for choosing each option. We were as fully informed as we could be without coercing our decision.

As well, we did not have a desire to trust GOD until we were told the only way to choose HIM without proof was by faith, that is, by our hope HE was telling us the truth because we wanted what HE claimed to be true more than any other thing.
Those that don't trust God, (group A) are doomed to hell. Group B trusts God but not fully, disagree with the punishment of group A. Group C trusts God fully. Group A and B are put on Earth so B could see that A deserves hell.

Looks like you are saying group B's choice is not finalised? If so then surely there is freewill on Earth, at least for B.
Not so bad...

Their choice was certainly finalized though: as elect, that is, they accepted GOD as their Divine saviour and as sinful by rebelling against the judgement. What is not finalized is their salvation from their addiction to the enslaving quality of evil and the legal consequences of choosing evil. Salvation is a multi-part process which ends by the sinner being heaven ready, holy and purified, and by death. Part of that process, the rebirth into the spirit, is the renewing of our free will so that every desire will come freely from ourselves not from GOD nor by our addiction forcing it. Then we spend quite a bit of time being trained in our free will to always choose righteousness and to never choose evil again. Being holy is the chosen 'state' of never choosing evil again.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by ttruscott »

Claire Evans wrote:
I believe we all have a chance in death to know the truth of Jesus. If we are to believe in a fair God, shouldn't this be the case? You can't be sent to hell because you didn't know Jesus because you never heard of Him.
For those who did not ever hear of Him on earth, is not having them meet and understand Him BEFORE they are born as human (which the Bible can be shown to support) preferable to having them meet and understand Him after their death which is hard to show the Bible supports.

Pre-earth existence and after death existence are not equal, right. Pre-earth we were innocents making free will decisions while after death those who were not reborn are still in their sins and therefore enslaved by evil and cannot make free will decisions about Him when they meet Him: Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall return to Sheol... that is, they are still wicked.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #33

Post by Claire Evans »

arian wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
X-Christian wrote: I have a couple of questions for Christians.
1 - if god is all knowing then he knew before time began who would accept him or could even possibly have ever heard of him. There's too many religions on this planet as of right now that doesn't even know the name jesus even exist. This is not including the billions people that has died believing in the god of their time based off of the geographical location they were born in. Just liked Christians. Since jesus said that he is the only way to god and since god is all knowing then he knew before time began who he was sending to hell to be burned. Sounds like an evil dictator. Personally, id rather had not been born then to be born by God but predestined for hell. And any response that disagrees and says he still gives me the choice totally takes away the claim that he's all knowing.
I believe we all have a chance in death to know the truth of Jesus. If we are to believe in a fair God, shouldn't this be the case? You can't be sent to hell because you didn't know Jesus because you never heard of Him.

Yes, I believe you still have a choice. God will know beforehand if one chooses Him or not but that still doesn't mean we don't have a choice. We look at things in a linear manner because we have finite minds. I subscribe to Einsteins's theory that time is an illusion and the past, present and future are happening at the same time.

http://everythingforever.com/einstein.htm
arian wrote:From the above web site: "What is still not quite resolved in modern physics is how to properly combine Quantum theory with Einstein's Relativity Theory. It appears evident that time is purely a direction in space but how then do we explain the uncertainty of quantum mechanics? Why does it appear that God plays dice with the world. The two theories, each having been proven by their usefulness, do of course tell the same story about this one universe, but we just haven't learned yet to hear the story right. The best modern theory going is probably the No Boundary Proposal, put fourth by Stephen Hawking and Jim Hartle. This theory introduces a second reference of time which has been inappropriately named Imaginary time. Hawking, writes of the no boundary proposal, "The universe would be completely self contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE.""

It's impossible to make the universe out to be God, because God is both Infinite and Eternal and the universe is finite. Every "thing" is finite, but God, and our mind is Infinite, and soon as we think up something, that becomes "finite".

I believe Einstein knew there was a problem with time, only he couldn't wrap his mind around the absolute "Infinite", .. or the actual existence of "nothing" which is a created "thing" as anything else is, a no-thing, that is what it is, something with absolutely no value, it is there, but does not add or take away from any-"thing" it is next to. It keeps "things" separate, in their original created state.

It is amazing to me how these great minds in history would limit their "infinite minds" to such small muscle as their 3 lb. finite brain!?

Time is not, to my understanding, merely a direction in space. They are fused together called space time to make up one idea called a continuum. Time is relative perceived according to the motion of the observer.

This video is absolutely fascinating:

That is why I believe in time travel.

How does this infinity thing tie in with what I have said above?

Claire Evans wrote:
X-Christian wrote:2nd question is why didn't gods curse for Satan to slither on his belly and only eat dust in the garden didn't stick? We obviously see Satan walking around in the book of job. He was standing with Jesus when he offered him the kingdom after jesus's baptism and he's all over revelation walking around. What happened to God's curse? Apparently god isn't as powerful as Christians say?
The creation story is based on the creation story of the Sumerian text. It didn't really happen so it's a moot point.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/sum/sum05.htm

For argument's sake, should one believe everything literally in the OT as infallible, then you'd have very good points. It makes out that God flip flops.
arian wrote:Two things, .. either the OT was written by a bunch of Joseph Smiths, or it was influenced by our Infinite, Eternal Creative Mind/Spirit God "I Am". From what I have seen, I say the latter, and I don't understand how anyone could see God "flip-flopping" in the OT, .. or the New?
The Bible was written by pagan, occultists, etc. The Jews during the Babylonian Exile much contributed to the OT. In fact, the highest law in Judaism is the Babylonian Talmud.

As for flip-flopping. Does it not appear as if Yahweh has split personalities? Completely demonic at times and then gentle at other times. How can God in the OT require the stoning of those who commit adultery but not Jesus?
arian wrote:Now I do see just by the evidence of the 40,000 different Christian Denominations that man tends to flip-flop. When they don't understand something in the Bible, they make something up and split from the group. One blind faction leaves the other blind faction, and instead of understanding it, they try to justify this by saying: "God flip-flops"

Well of course, it couldn't be us right? 40,000 tries, surely it's Gods fault.
It's only natural to have different interpretations. We all need to, however, be grounded in Jesus.

So no, it is not God who flip flops but those who don't understand or purposely tried to mislead that make Him appear He does.

arian
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by arian »

Claire Evans wrote:
arian wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

Yes, I believe you still have a choice. God will know beforehand if one chooses Him or not but that still doesn't mean we don't have a choice. We look at things in a linear manner because we have finite minds. I subscribe to Einsteins's theory that time is an illusion and the past, present and future are happening at the same time.

arian wrote:From the above web site: "What is still not quite resolved in modern physics is how to properly combine Quantum theory with Einstein's Relativity Theory. It appears evident that time is purely a direction in space but how then do we explain the uncertainty of quantum mechanics? Why does it appear that God plays dice with the world. The two theories, each having been proven by their usefulness, do of course tell the same story about this one universe, but we just haven't learned yet to hear the story right. The best modern theory going is probably the No Boundary Proposal, put fourth by Stephen Hawking and Jim Hartle. This theory introduces a second reference of time which has been inappropriately named Imaginary time. Hawking, writes of the no boundary proposal, "The universe would be completely self contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE.""

It's impossible to make the universe out to be God, because God is both Infinite and Eternal and the universe is finite. Every "thing" is finite, but God, and our mind is Infinite, and soon as we think up something, that becomes "finite".

I believe Einstein knew there was a problem with time, only he couldn't wrap his mind around the absolute "Infinite", .. or the actual existence of "nothing" which is a created "thing" as anything else is, a no-thing, that is what it is, something with absolutely no value, it is there, but does not add or take away from any-"thing" it is next to. It keeps "things" separate, in their original created state.

It is amazing to me how these great minds in history would limit their "infinite minds" to such small muscle as their 3 lb. finite brain!?
Time is not, to my understanding, merely a direction in space. They are fused together called space time to make up one idea called a continuum. Time is relative perceived according to the motion of the observer.

Thank you Claire Evans for your kind response.

The video (even though I love the presentation, maybe because I just love sci-fi) is base purely on multiple assumptions, .. and you know what happens when we "build" on assumptions, even if the rest of the building itself may be from actual verifiable scientific observations, or solid, but building verifiable facts upon loose assumptions like; the universe being considered as "everything in existence", or its birth from a (this is really hilarious) from a quantum-speck that Big-Banged as it is "believed" in this Big-Bang Evolution Religion, .. or the assumption that it is expanding, .. and top of that, that it is expanding IN "nothing", .. all our work which we got from actual scientific observation just collapses, no different than building a big beautiful house on sand, .. during low tide, .. and brother the tide can't get any lower than it is today, .. real shallow if you know what I mean!?

I mean we have a vagina clapping, Kali death dancing bimbo Lady Gaga representing the supposedly most advanced science organization in the world, 666CERN, with their LHC and Intel for petesakes. This is as bad as having Morgan Freeman who admits that he doesn't believe in God, doing a documentary: "The Story of God with Morgan Freeman"
Claire Evans wrote:How does this infinity thing tie in with what I have said above?
EVERYTHING.

If you understood the absolute definition of Infinity, you would see and understand that there is no such thing as "special relativistic effects" like this imagined time dilation, length contraction and mass/weight gain, and if you noticed in the video, they don't even mention those other two like "length contraction and weight/mass gain" because their poor attempt in demonstrating something they so obviously don't understand as this universe, the ridiculousness of their visual demonstration would really become absurd, like "real heavy man" and can contract to very small when they stretch it over a long period of time as they try to explain in the video.
Claire Evans wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
X-Christian wrote:2nd question is why didn't gods curse for Satan to slither on his belly and only eat dust in the garden didn't stick? We obviously see Satan walking around in the book of job. He was standing with Jesus when he offered him the kingdom after jesus's baptism and he's all over revelation walking around. What happened to God's curse? Apparently god isn't as powerful as Christians say?
The creation story is based on the creation story of the Sumerian text. It didn't really happen so it's a moot point.

For argument's sake, should one believe everything literally in the OT as infallible, then you'd have very good points. It makes out that God flip flops.
arian wrote:Two things, .. either the OT was written by a bunch of Joseph Smiths, or it was influenced by our Infinite, Eternal Creative Mind/Spirit God "I Am". From what I have seen, I say the latter, and I don't understand how anyone could see God "flip-flopping" in the OT, .. or the New?
The Bible was written by pagan, occultists, etc. The Jews during the Babylonian Exile much contributed to the OT. In fact, the highest law in Judaism is the Babylonian Talmud.

As for flip-flopping. Does it not appear as if Yahweh has split personalities? Completely demonic at times and then gentle at other times. How can God in the OT require the stoning of those who commit adultery but not Jesus?
arian wrote:Now I do see just by the evidence of the 40,000 different Christian Denominations that man tends to flip-flop. When they don't understand something in the Bible, they make something up and split from the group. One blind faction leaves the other blind faction, and instead of understanding it, they try to justify this by saying: "God flip-flops"

It's only natural to have different interpretations. We all need to, however, be grounded in Jesus.
You see that is a typical "Religious response", and because the Christian Religion believes in their Jesus from man made doctrines, it is accepted on "blind faith"; Jesus is God, or sun-god, he died, rose again and became one again with his father-god self, ignoring spirit-god who is really the father-god in all this Triune-mess.

The Entire Good News Message the Son of God Word (John 1-) came to explain to us, was so we would not be double minded, but as many, in One Mind. How can we be grounded in Jesus and have 40,000 plus "different interpretations"?? How?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

I just noticed that Wikipedia has finally confirmed to Morgan Freemans One World One idea of God religious demonic theology. The pictures/depictions of God in this Wikipedia definition shows exactly where this idea is originating from, and what the masses have already accepted as to what this Idea of the word "God" is.
Claire Evans wrote:So no, it is not God who flip flops but those who don't understand or purposely tried to mislead that make Him appear He does.
Well yes my dear friend, that is true, .. but coming from you, I would have to ask "Who are the misleaders?"

From what I have witnessed over the past 20 years is that the misleaders are mislead themselves, so it's truly like the Lord said: "The blind leading the blind"
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root.

Henry D. Thoreau

arian
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by arian »

Claire Evans wrote:
I see, so the Prophets were occultists, .. all based on what you know of Jews today, from their History!?
Claire Evans wrote:As for flip-flopping. Does it not appear as if Yahweh has split personalities? Completely demonic at times and then gentle at other times. How can God in the OT require the stoning of those who commit adultery but not Jesus

You, .. you never really read the entire Bible have you, .. only what todays pagan God-haters wrote "about" the Bible and God, pulling words and sentences out of context and painting a mentally ill and demented person of our loving, Infinite and Eternal Creator, right? .. lol.

If you ever get a chance to read Exodus, you know where God punishes His People for continuously blaspheming His Holy name where even the world at the time around them cursed God because of them, and how they were enslaved for 400 years to where they continually cried out to God to save them out of their misery, .. which God did through Moses, and how God gave His People these very basic laws, ten of them, .. you know, like to young children, because they forgot the basic laws of nature they had in them from creation.

So here we read that God was so excited after He liberated them, He thought they would be excited too, .. but what happened when Moses went up the Holy Mountain of God? They forgot who even brought them out from Egypt with a mighty hand, where they carried the wealth of Egypt with them,.. while performing all kinds of miracles, and turning the Great Egypt and its armies including it's god-king to almost dust, they forgot all that and turned to golden gods they made for themselves.

So of course this angered God, so He goes and punishes them again right there and then, and because of Moses and a few loyal followers, God continues to try to "be their God", and as He was talking to them using the Mountains rumbling, and thunder (God is Infinite, like our mind, so He has to use whatever He created to communicate to us, .. just as we use our brain, which takes the muscles in our mouth, tongue, lungs to push air so we can talk)

.. but look what happened, they had so much sin still in their hearts that they trembled in fear of hearing God speak to them. So they said: "OK, OK, we are scared shtless, so just give the Laws to Moses and well go by what he says, just please don't talk to us anymore!"

Well laws are laws, and if you break them, you have to pay. I mean what world do you live in, that's how it is today!? Why would God be evil in dishing out justice?

Now after 4,000 years, .. God seen that his People couldn't even do that properly, instead the Religious Rulers used the law to burden people (read now the New Testament) So He sent His Only Begotten Son "Word" into the world, wiping everyone's criminal past spotless clean, all they had to do was accept Gods Son, and they can throw the laws, all the rituals, practices, consequences away, and follow Jesus from their hearts and "MINDS", a NEWNESS of Mind, not that carnal physical mentality where they point to others as bad and themselves as good, .. but being "Born again" with that Spiritual mind that is not corrupted with an evil heart or a mind full of corruption, but a heart that can love even their enemies, continue in good works to even them that hate us. Not "judging" but pointing out evil even if threatened not to, that kind of mind and heart.

So you see, it's not God, but it is us who are still double minded, demonic on one hand and nice on the other. Christian have gone to war with the sword from the sad day the Christian Religion was invented, yep, Christ like my foot, .. sending two bombs on their unarmed enemies for attacking and almost wiping out our military power. Umm, isn't that praiseworthy in war? And yet look, it's the Japanese that are still counted as evil in all this, and it has gone down in infamy. And the balls to accuse other counties who use gas on their own people, LOL, yet we are being Chem-Trailed, poisoned to death by therapy and being treated as criminals and terrorist in our own land, .. wake up people, watch the movie "They Live", because that movie has never been clearer then today.

Yep, it's fair, we are a Christian Nation after all, we can break any rule, commit all the "crimes against humanity because that sun-god will forgive us, right?

But I don't blame you friend, you along with billions and billions of Christians, .. theists and atheists alike have a perverted understanding of God, His Son, who we are, what's our purpose, where we were and where we are supposedly going, of the "Good News" as a whole!?

I mean hey, "Gods not Dead, He's alive, thanks be to God" lol,

.. and no so called Bible believing-Christian sees anything wrong in that phrase!? To me that is frightening, because they think they will be raptured out of here when their "deified" supernatural being, who they raised in their hearts and minds to "be like the Most High" appears from the sky.

he was mortally wounded once by Jesus, when He rejected him and his silly offer, but hey look, Constantine raised him from his mortal wound and now he is once again the god of this world, appearing to his loyal followers as the Devil AND an Angel of light, at the same time, .. a Deity, this deified fallen angel, the mortal enemy of man risen above all the other that are called god, .. by the will of man.

LOL, .. "Question for Christians?", wrong ones to ask the questions you have, try "Believers in the God of the Bible", because the gods that Christians worship is NOT the God of the Bible, not the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob, but a Deity who rules the minds of men from the supernatural realm, by offering them 100% return for every dollar they tithe to their church. Show me where Jesus ever taught that?

Henry D. Thoreau

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #36

Post by Claire Evans »

arian wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
arian wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

arian wrote:Thank you Claire Evans for your kind response.

The video (even though I love the presentation, maybe because I just love sci-fi) is base purely on multiple assumptions, .. and you know what happens when we "build" on assumptions, even if the rest of the building itself may be from actual verifiable scientific observations, or solid, but building verifiable facts upon loose assumptions like; the universe being considered as "everything in existence", or its birth from a (this is really hilarious) from a quantum-speck that Big-Banged as it is "believed" in this Big-Bang Evolution Religion, .. or the assumption that it is expanding, .. and top of that, that it is expanding IN "nothing", .. all our work which we got from actual scientific observation just collapses, no different than building a big beautiful house on sand, .. during low tide, .. and brother the tide can't get any lower than it is today, .. real shallow if you know what I mean!?
But you are assuming that we know everything about science. Much of what we know was originally based on assumptions.

Claire Evans wrote:How does this infinity thing tie in with what I have said above?
arian wrote:EVERYTHING.

If you understood the absolute definition of Infinity, you would see and understand that there is no such thing as "special relativistic effects" like this imagined time dilation, length contraction and mass/weight gain, and if you noticed in the video, they don't even mention those other two like "length contraction and weight/mass gain" because their poor attempt in demonstrating something they so obviously don't understand as this universe, the ridiculousness of their visual demonstration would really become absurd, like "real heavy man" and can contract to very small when they stretch it over a long period of time as they try to explain in the video.

Many scientists just disagree on many things. I have read an article where an experiment proved the universe to be infinite:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-survey-suppo ... 1503361325

Then the Hadron Collider is said to have proven Einstein was right:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... along.html

This article goes into time dilation, etc:

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_centu ... lec06.html

You asked, "What about quantum mechanics?" It may not be because it is incompatible but because we don't fully understand it:

"These expressions of uncertainty still exist today because QM was derived based on the observations and measurements of the behavior of particles and forces - not on the underlying mechanisms of the particles and forces that give such observations and measurements. For example, we need to know what particles and the four forces look like and how they work before we can take the uncertainty out of QM and by extension, QFT."

Claire Evans wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

arian wrote:You see that is a typical "Religious response", and because the Christian Religion believes in their Jesus from man made doctrines, it is accepted on "blind faith"; Jesus is God, or sun-god, he died, rose again and became one again with his father-god self, ignoring spirit-god who is really the father-god in all this Triune-mess.

The Entire Good News Message the Son of God Word (John 1-) came to explain to us, was so we would not be double minded, but as many, in One Mind. How can we be grounded in Jesus and have 40,000 plus "different interpretations"?? How?

There should be no blind faith. In one is not 100% sure of the Holy Spirit's existence then they should not be a Christian. So being grounded in Jesus means listening to the Holy Spirit. Many don't. And truly, what Christian denominations say Jesus is not the Son of God? And what is important to note is that other belief systems outside Christianity bleed into mainstream Christianity. I really don't think it is important if Christians have different interpretations to the concept of the trinity, for example. The way I try and understand other people's interpretations is by testing their beliefs yet so many Christians are stubborn and just ignore the questions they don't like.
arian wrote:I just noticed that Wikipedia has finally confirmed to Morgan Freemans One World One idea of God religious demonic theology. The pictures/depictions of God in this Wikipedia definition shows exactly where this idea is originating from, and what the masses have already accepted as to what this Idea of the word "God" is.
I might add that the word god is generic. That is why I call God in Christianity as the Father. God could be anything. Lucifer is called God.
Claire Evans wrote:So no, it is not God who flip flops but those who don't understand or purposely tried to mislead that make Him appear He does.
arian wrote:Well yes my dear friend, that is true, .. but coming from you, I would have to ask "Who are the misleaders?"

From what I have witnessed over the past 20 years is that the misleaders are mislead themselves, so it's truly like the Lord said: "The blind leading the blind"
Is this pertinent to me, you are saying?

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #37

Post by Claire Evans »

arian wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
arian wrote:I see, so the Prophets were occultists, .. all based on what you know of Jews today, from their History!?
It all depends on who wrote what. It is obvious that Yahweh was one of the 70 sons of El, the chief Canaanite god. Therefore we know that people like Moses and Abraham had followed gods who were not the Father.

Deuteronomy 32 in the Hebrew manuscripts of Deuteronomy found among the Dead Sea Scrolls at Qumran say:

DEUTERONOMY 32:7 Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will show you; your elders, and they will tell you. 8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of men, He fixed the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the SONS OF GOD. 9 For the LORD's portion is His people, Jacob His allotted heritage. (RSV)

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/ ... ne-Council

Literary and conceptual parallels discovered in the literature of Ugarit, however,
have provided a more coherent explanation for the number 70 in Deuteronomy 32:8 - and have furnished powerful ammunition to textual scholars who argued against the "sons o fIsrael" reading in MT. Ugaritic mythology plainly states that the head of its pantheon, El(who, like the God of the Bible, is also referred to as El Elyon, the "Most High") fathered 70 sons,10 thereby setting the number of the "sons of El" (Ugaritic, bn )il ). An unmistakable linguistic parallel with the Hebrew text underlying the LXX reading was thus discovered, one which prompted many scholars to accept the LXX reading on logical and philological grounds: God (El Elyon in Deut. 32:8) divided the earth according to the number of heavenly beings who already existed from the time of creation.11

http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/DT32BibSac.pdf

So we have the writers of the OT being influenced by Canaanite pagan stories.

Claire Evans wrote:As for flip-flopping. Does it not appear as if Yahweh has split personalities? Completely demonic at times and then gentle at other times. How can God in the OT require the stoning of those who commit adultery but not Jesus

arian wrote:You, .. you never really read the entire Bible have you, .. only what todays pagan God-haters wrote "about" the Bible and God, pulling words and sentences out of context and painting a mentally ill and demented person of our loving, Infinite and Eternal Creator, right? .. lol.
I don't have to read the the whole Bible. I can just read for myself and it's horrible.

arian wrote:If you ever get a chance to read Exodus, you know where God punishes His People for continuously blaspheming His Holy name where even the world at the time around them cursed God because of them, and how they were enslaved for 400 years to where they continually cried out to God to save them out of their misery, .. which God did through Moses, and how God gave His People these very basic laws, ten of them, .. you know, like to young children, because they forgot the basic laws of nature they had in them from creation.
You mean Yahweh. Yes, Yahweh was the God of War (Exodus 15:3) who fought on behalf of the Israelites. He is the one who inherited Israel from his father, El.
arian wrote:So here we read that God was so excited after He liberated them, He thought they would be excited too, .. but what happened when Moses went up the Holy Mountain of God? They forgot who even brought them out from Egypt with a mighty hand, where they carried the wealth of Egypt with them,.. while performing all kinds of miracles, and turning the Great Egypt and its armies including it's god-king to almost dust, they forgot all that and turned to golden gods they made for themselves.
The golden calves were YAHWEH! Exodus 32

…3Then all the people tore off the gold rings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron. 4He took this from their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made it into a molten calf; and they said, "This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt." 5Now when Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made a proclamation and said, "Tomorrow shall be a feast to the LORD."…

Yahweh is a bull god:

http://www.bibleorigins.net/YahwehsBovi ... mages.html

arian wrote:So of course this angered God, so He goes and punishes them again right there and then, and because of Moses and a few loyal followers, God continues to try to "be their God", and as He was talking to them using the Mountains rumbling, and thunder (God is Infinite, like our mind, so He has to use whatever He created to communicate to us, .. just as we use our brain, which takes the muscles in our mouth, tongue, lungs to push air so we can talk)

.. but look what happened, they had so much sin still in their hearts that they trembled in fear of hearing God speak to them. So they said: "OK, OK, we are scared shtless, so just give the Laws to Moses and well go by what he says, just please don't talk to us anymore!"

Well laws are laws, and if you break them, you have to pay. I mean what world do you live in, that's how it is today!? Why would God be evil in dishing out justice?
Yahweh was disgruntled when people obeyed him because he wanted control. He didn't love them. These poor Israelites. First they worship golden calves knowing it's Yahweh and then they punished for it. You see how contradictory the OT is? Why doesn't God dish out punishment today?
arian wrote:Now after 4,000 years, .. God seen that his People couldn't even do that properly, instead the Religious Rulers used the law to burden people (read now the New Testament) So He sent His Only Begotten Son "Word" into the world, wiping everyone's criminal past spotless clean, all they had to do was accept Gods Son, and they can throw the laws, all the rituals, practices, consequences away, and follow Jesus from their hearts and "MINDS", a NEWNESS of Mind, not that carnal physical mentality where they point to others as bad and themselves as good, .. but being "Born again" with that Spiritual mind that is not corrupted with an evil heart or a mind full of corruption, but a heart that can love even their enemies, continue in good works to even them that hate us. Not "judging" but pointing out evil even if threatened not to, that kind of mind and heart.
The Son of God had to come into the world regardless of what the Hebrews did. You make out that God only sent the Son for the Hebrews because they kept disobeying Him. The Son came for all sinners and that is all of us. In fact, I believe God permitted the pagan Israelites to eventually become monotheists say that they could accept that God has a Son. As polytheists, the Israelites would not have accepted any claims of being the Son of God because they didn't believe in one god.

arian wrote:So you see, it's not God, but it is us who are still double minded, demonic on one hand and nice on the other. Christian have gone to war with the sword from the sad day the Christian Religion was invented, yep, Christ like my foot, .. sending two bombs on their unarmed enemies for attacking and almost wiping out our military power. Umm, isn't that praiseworthy in war? And yet look, it's the Japanese that are still counted as evil in all this, and it has gone down in infamy. And the balls to accuse other counties who use gas on their own people, LOL, yet we are being Chem-Trailed, poisoned to death by therapy and being treated as criminals and terrorist in our own land, .. wake up people, watch the movie "They Live", because that movie has never been clearer then today.
Who is this God you speak of? It's clearly not the Father unless you are speaking hypothetically?

arian wrote:Yep, it's fair, we are a Christian Nation after all, we can break any rule, commit all the "crimes against humanity because that sun-god will forgive us, right?
Ah, the USA is not a Christian nation. It never has. It was founded on Freemasonry and they participate in Lucifer worship. It is actually, "In Lucifer we trust" on the dollar bill.
arian wrote:But I don't blame you friend, you along with billions and billions of Christians, .. theists and atheists alike have a perverted understanding of God, His Son, who we are, what's our purpose, where we were and where we are supposedly going, of the "Good News" as a whole!?

I mean hey, "Gods not Dead, He's alive, thanks be to God" lol,

.. and no so called Bible believing-Christian sees anything wrong in that phrase!? To me that is frightening, because they think they will be raptured out of here when their "deified" supernatural being, who they raised in their hearts and minds to "be like the Most High" appears from the sky.
You say Christians have a perverted understanding of the Son? I thought the Son was fictitious to you?
arian wrote:he was mortally wounded once by Jesus, when He rejected him and his silly offer, but hey look, Constantine raised him from his mortal wound and now he is once again the god of this world, appearing to his loyal followers as the Devil AND an Angel of light, at the same time, .. a Deity, this deified fallen angel, the mortal enemy of man risen above all the other that are called god, .. by the will of man.
Who was mortally wounded by Jesus??? I really don't understand what you are saying.
arian wrote:LOL, .. "Question for Christians?", wrong ones to ask the questions you have, try "Believers in the God of the Bible", because the gods that Christians worship is NOT the God of the Bible, not the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob, but a Deity who rules the minds of men from the supernatural realm, by offering them 100% return for every dollar they tithe to their church. Show me where Jesus ever taught that?
You are right that the Father is not the God of Abraham. Jesus because Christians have some perverted ideas of Christianity does not automatically make Jesus suspect. There are people who purposely manipulate Christians to benefit themselves due to their gullibility. Yes, there is no such things as a 100% return for every dollar. That's nonsense yet people fall for it. There are also a lot of evil people who have infiltrated the Christian church.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #38

Post by Kenisaw »

arian wrote:
Isn't that like saying: "The problem I'm finding with debating BB-Evolutionists is how hard it is to get them to engage in a serious debate without them continually using their BB-Evolution books on Cave paintings, on fossils, or like Darwin's book On the Origin of Species" to try to show evidence of what they believe."
Well, no, because the BB and the theory of evolution are unrelated, a point that is continually reiterated to you. As to the evidence used to validate the theory of evolution, it must be pretty hard for you to continually avoid billions of fossils and millions of man hours of work by tens of thousands of scientists over the last 150 years. And that's not even counting the independent verification supplied by the field of genetics after it was already a settled issue...
X wrote:Then when you ask them why they believe in the Bible they just say the Bible says to.
Yeah, it's a good idea to refer back to any self-help Book, especially one like the Bible.
Especially when you need to know the value of Pi, or if the world is flat, or if plants came before the Sun, or all that other stuff in there....
But Zeus IS real, as is the goddess Athena, so real matter of fact that God is jealous of them. People don't build great big Temples to things that are not real. People made them up, and it becomes real. They carry them around, they pray to them, sacrifice their children to them, and these gods just stand there, they neither hear nor speak like wood/stone statues normally do, but does that matter to them? No.
Yep. People are suckers, aren't they.
Now go to Mecca, bring a stool and a loudspeaker, and when the Muslims start their circle of walk, yell through your loudspeaker: "Can I have your attention please, .. Allah is Not Real!" and see how "real" the Arabs there think he is?
Which doesn't prove Allah is real of course. But if you had any semblance of evidence or empirical data to support the existence of supernatural critters, you would've posted that instead of this non sequitur...

arian
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by arian »

Claire Evans wrote:

But you are assuming that we know everything about science. Much of what we know was originally based on assumptions.
Science is observing and documenting, .. making up stories how this rock came about 13.75 billion years ago from a quantum speck is assumptions.
Where did science turn to finding an alternate to the universe being ID by a Creator?

Why is SCIENCE so concerned who or what created the universe, the Earth and man?? That is not even science. But today, science is defined by BB-Evolution.

"Look Richard, here is a rock with some yellowish shiny metal in it!"

"Oh yea, nice rock, let's see now, it evolved from gasses over 4.8 billion years, yep, purely by chance."

"No Richard, we are scientists, not Joseph Smith. Now come on and let's see what else we can find in this rock and what we can use it for?"

Many scientists just disagree on many things. I have read an article where an experiment proved the universe to be infinite:

New measurements from the Baryonic Oscillation Spectroscopic Survey (BOSS) study have charted the shape and size of our universe to within 1% accuracy. Above, David Schlegl, a physicist at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and research team member, describes the flat, and probably infinite, Universe that the findings suggest.

My God man, are you messing with me? What kind of idiot you take me for? Who would accept an article that starts out:

study have charted the shape and size of our universe to within 1% accuracy,

result = probably infinite

There is nothing to measure in Infinite, .. it is boundless and simply IS, .. and whatever is IN it, is finite, created, measurable.

1% accuracy? So now they measure sci-fi assumption with a percentage of accuracy?
Then the Hadron Collider is said to have proven Einstein was right:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... along.html
Physicists operating the Large Hadron Collider at the CERN laboratory near Geneva may have to rethink their claim that particles can travel faster than the speed of light after a source suggested that a bad connection affected the measurements.

Aaahhh, .. I knew it, .. bad connection, that was the culprit. I see it right there in the picture, .. that red wire there is loose.

Oh goodie, now why don't they mosey on up to those Radio Telescopes and see why they see redshifts? Maybe just a few pigeons moved back, or a squirrel chewed up a connection??

Ahh, there it is, it was a snake eating a pigeon, .. and lookie, we now have "rainbow-shift" The universe may now be quadrillion years old AND transsexual too!! LOL

German religious science at its best!

You asked, "What about quantum mechanics?" It may not be because it is incompatible but because we don't fully understand it:

"These expressions of uncertainty still exist today because QM was derived based on the observations and measurements of the behavior of particles and forces - not on the underlying mechanisms of the particles and forces that give such observations and measurements. For example, we need to know what particles and the four forces look like and how they work before we can take the uncertainty out of QM and by extension, QFT."

Claire Evans wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

arian wrote:You see that is a typical "Religious response", and because the Christian Religion believes in their Jesus from man made doctrines, it is accepted on "blind faith"; Jesus is God, or sun-god, he died, rose again and became one again with his father-god self, ignoring spirit-god who is really the father-god in all this Triune-mess.

There should be no blind faith. In one is not 100% sure of the Holy Spirit's existence then they should not be a Christian. So being grounded in Jesus means listening to the Holy Spirit. Many don't. And truly, what Christian denominations say Jesus is not the Son of God? And what is important to note is that other belief systems outside Christianity bleed into mainstream Christianity. I really don't think it is important if Christians have different interpretations to the concept of the trinity, for example. The way I try and understand other people's interpretations is by testing their beliefs yet so many Christians are stubborn and just ignore the questions they don't like.
arian wrote:I just noticed that Wikipedia has finally confirmed to Morgan Freemans One World One idea of God religious demonic theology. The pictures/depictions of God in this Wikipedia definition shows exactly where this idea is originating from, and what the masses have already accepted as to what this Idea of the word "God" is.
I might add that the word god is generic. That is why I call God in Christianity as the Father. God could be anything. Lucifer is called God.
arian wrote:Well yes my dear friend, that is true, .. but coming from you, I would have to ask "Who are the misleaders?"

Yes, you are mocking my entire 2 years of public education even if I never studied a day more than that. Any 2nd grader should be able to catch the BS. Time dilation, .. redshift, .. speed of light, .. E=MC2, .. quantum fluctuation, .. a universe from nothing, .. God delusions, .. God particles big-banging in nothing, .. assuming within 2% that the universe is expanding and is about to reach the SIZE of Infinite, .. (I like that one the best, you know, how they can accurately measure the universe to just before it reaches the SIZE of Infinite, LOL, .. that is some funny stuff there buddy.

This is more insulting than calling me an animal, an ape and calling my relatives rats and gassing them like rats.

You know what, this IS a religious question for Christians, what is it doing here in science?

Henry D. Thoreau

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #40

Post by Claire Evans »

arian wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

arian wrote:Science is observing and documenting, .. making up stories how this rock came about 13.75 billion years ago from a quantum speck is assumptions.
Where did science turn to finding an alternate to the universe being ID by a Creator?

Why is SCIENCE so concerned who or what created the universe, the Earth and man?? That is not even science. But today, science is defined by BB-Evolution.

"Look Richard, here is a rock with some yellowish shiny metal in it!"

"Oh yea, nice rock, let's see now, it evolved from gasses over 4.8 billion years, yep, purely by chance."

"No Richard, we are scientists, not Joseph Smith. Now come on and let's see what else we can find in this rock and what we can use it for?"

arian wrote:New measurements from the Baryonic Oscillation Spectroscopic Survey (BOSS) study have charted the shape and size of our universe to within 1% accuracy. Above, David Schlegl, a physicist at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and research team member, describes the flat, and probably infinite, Universe that the findings suggest.

My God man, are you messing with me? What kind of idiot you take me for? Who would accept an article that starts out:

study have charted the shape and size of our universe to within 1% accuracy,

result = probably infinite

There is nothing to measure in Infinite, .. it is boundless and simply IS, .. and whatever is IN it, is finite, created, measurable.

1% accuracy? So now they measure sci-fi assumption with a percentage of accuracy?

First of all, I don't like the way you are conducting this conversation. It is disrespectful and condescending which is very immature. Please debate in a respectful manner.

I admit I didn't give the best article.

Many scientists claim a flat universe indicates it is infinite. However, it appears as if scientists can't reach a consensus. The reason for that is that we have no way of observing beyond a certain limit in space. So I believe the observable universe is considered finite.

Truth is, from what I've learnt from further research, we just don't know if the universe is finite or not.

Claire Evans wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

arian wrote:Yes, you are mocking my entire 2 years of public education even if I never studied a day more than that. Any 2nd grader should be able to catch the BS. Time dilation, .. redshift, .. speed of light, .. E=MC2, .. quantum fluctuation, .. a universe from nothing, .. God delusions, .. God particles big-banging in nothing, .. assuming within 2% that the universe is expanding and is about to reach the SIZE of Infinite, .. (I like that one the best, you know, how they can accurately measure the universe to just before it reaches the SIZE of Infinite, LOL, .. that is some funny stuff there buddy.

This is more insulting than calling me an animal, an ape and calling my relatives rats and gassing them like rats.

You know what, this IS a religious question for Christians, what is it doing here in science?
You didn't address the argument refuting time dilations, etc, in the article I gave you.

I can't reason with you.