Bones of Contention.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

jcrawford
Guru

Bones of Contention.

Post #1

Post by jcrawford »

Creationist professor Marvin Lubenow contends in his 2004 edition of "Bones of Contention" that all neo-Darwinist theories about the origins and evolution of the human race are a scientific form of racism. Being somewhat familiar with the several claims, arguments and ramifications of his thesis, I am prepared to defend his claim that neo-Darwinist theories of human origins and evolution are theoretically racist should anyone care to debate and substantiate their claim to the contrary.

Chimp
Scholar

Post #231

Post by Chimp »

Thanks Cathar, for saving me the trouble of going to find the book.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #232

Post by Cathar1950 »

I am not suggesting you don't read it. Just don't buy it.
You can try to read it if you like.
It is amusing at best.
But don't take my word for it.
Except for the inane redundant preaching,
he spends a lot of time on two hoaxes and doesn't add anything that evolutionist already consider. If evolutionist have questions or disagreements about data he considers it prof that everything is wrong.
I am going to go finish "Jesus Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium by Bart D. Ehrman and The Historical figure of Jesus by E.P. Sanders they are more interesting and due back.

CJK
Scholar

Post #233

Post by CJK »

Creationist professor Marvin Lubenow contends in his 2004 edition of "Bones of Contention" that all neo-Darwinist theories about the origins and evolution of the human race are a scientific form of racism. Being somewhat familiar with the several claims, arguments and ramifications of his thesis, I am prepared to defend his claim that neo-Darwinist theories of human origins and evolution are theoretically racist should anyone care to debate and substantiate their claim to the contrary.
Is it not just as 'racist' to assume a Man-Centered view of Nature?

jcrawford
Guru

Post #234

Post by jcrawford »

micatala wrote:
You have been shown the fossils.
The only time the American public has been "shown" some real human fossils was in 1984 when the American Museum of Natural History in NYC flew in 40 original specimens from various parts of the world. None of them showed any evidence of having evolved from each other.
You have claimed that Lubenow is a fossil expert.
He's an expert on the human fossil record which neo-Darwinists manipulate in order to show the progressive descent of the whole human race from so-called extinct 'species' of African people and apes.
How do you explain that we have fossils that show gradual change over millions of years from chimp-like species to homo sapiens?
The fossil dates and taxons are just manipulated to make it appear that the whole human race evolved from African people and apes.
The fossil evidence, of course, is irrelevant to your charges of racism, as you haven't shown neo-Darwinism meets any of your multiple and conflicting defintions of racism.

Lubenow has.
You have refused to apply a single, unambiguous defintion of racism, and I have already explained how your contention is false, based on any reasonable definition of racism you wish to use.
What "single, unambiguous definition" of race and racism would you prefer to Oxford's multiple meanings?

palmera
Scholar

Post #235

Post by palmera »

The only time the American public has been "shown" some real human fossils was in 1984 when the American Museum of Natural History in NYC flew in 40 original specimens from various parts of the world. None of them showed any evidence of having evolved from each other.
Turn on your television. Read a newspaper, magazine, scientific journal, visit a school. Also, in what ways did they not show "any evidence of having evolved from each other"?
The fossil dates and taxons are just manipulated to make it appear that the whole human race evolved from African people and apes.
Please support this claim.

jcrawford
Guru

Post #236

Post by jcrawford »

Chimp wrote:Jcrawford IS a troll...
You only use that ad hominem label as a desparate counter charge to my referencing Lubenow's charges of scientific racism in all neo-Darwinist theories of the entire human race's origins from African ape ancestors. I'm surprised you don't classify me as a particular 'species' of troll.
He merely asserts that He and Lubenow have it and if you bought the book you would too.
You wouldn't have to buy it if the public libraries weren't so biased about stocking creationist literature on public bookshelves.
He should be able to make his argument without having to transcribe the contents of the book.
That's what I am prepared to do, since I have Lubenow's listing and scientific documentation of 371 fossil specimens of the past human race on hand and can easily refer to them without transcribing the contents of the book.

jcrawford
Guru

Post #237

Post by jcrawford »

Cathar1950 wrote: I think J is just pissed because he came from Africa like the rest of us.
Only neo-Darwinist race theorists would contend that you and I came from Africa. Most people of real African heritage, ancestry and biological descent might easily dispute and contest your claim.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #238

Post by Cathar1950 »

My library had the book. They have a lot of books.
They don't have that much money so it surprised me that they wasted their money on it.
But they care about there readers, so I guess it is ok I wouldn't want them to exclude the ones i like.
J wrote:
You only use that ad hominem label as a desparate counter charge to my referencing Lubenow's charges of scientific racism in all neo-Darwinist theories of the entire human race's origins from African ape ancestors. I'm surprised you don't classify me as a particular 'species' of troll.
I thought he was being funny but Then I noticed you fit the description.
Weird don't you think?
That's what I am prepared to do, since I have Lubenow's listing and scientific documentation of 371 fossil specimens of the past human race on hand and can easily refer to them without transcribing the contents of the book.
Sounds like fun. When you going to start?

jcrawford
Guru

Post #239

Post by jcrawford »

Cathar1950 wrote: I told you he was racist. He doesn't like being told he is from Africa.
Theorizing that someone is from some place that one is not from, is a form of scientific racism and shouldn't be taught in public schools.
I also noticed every one gets tired of his crap.
Classifying documented and published charges of scientific racism inherent in all neo-Darwinist theories of the human race's evolution from African ape and monkey ancestors as "crap," seems to be a rather weak statement in a scientific defense against such serious public charges.

jcrawford
Guru

Post #240

Post by jcrawford »

Cathar1950 wrote:But our genes do mutate.

Not enough to turn humans into apes or vice versa since genetic mutations usually result in an irreplaceable loss of genetic information which may severely hamper the survival potential of that individual.
I think you have been provided all kinds of evidence.
I haven't seen any evidence in support of neo-Darwinist theories of the human race's origins from a 'species' of African ape ancestors. Lubenow provides all kinds of evidence in support of his charges of the scientific racism inherent in all neo-Darwinist theories about the human race's 'evolution' from non-human creatures in Africa.
your the one lacking evidence and i don't think you all that religious. Just delusional.
I have Lubenow's outstanding list of 371 human fossil specimens as evidence backing up Lubenow's falsification of neo-Darwinist theories of human evolution out of Africa as well as his public charges of the scientific racism inherent in all such neo-Darwinist 'ape to man' theories. Where's your evidence of human evolution?
I doubt he has found anything new since 1992 or the early 1900's.
The 2004 edition readily refutes that doubtful claim.
Did he fix the new version?
No, he updated the human fossil record and added new information about the evolutionary prejudice and racism inherent in neo-Darwinist DNA testing.