Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

The better half of the joke

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

... is that evolutionists not only say that some animal species come from previous ones, but they also say that each plant species comes from another previous one (or that they used to say BEFORE)... This, after, according to them, plants stopped living in the water to start living on land... kind of like when fish ceasing to be aquatic to become semi-terrestrial amphibians ... or humans stopped living in caves to start building houses :D

Did you know this part of the story? It is never ending.

Do you think that the millions of years that the planet has existed are enough for so many SUPERDUPERULTRASLOW transformations that these scientists talk about?

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: The better half of the joke

Post #11

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #10]
As I have been remembering in this topic, evolutionary theory does not only refer to apes transmuting and becoming humans but it should also apply to plants becoming other different plants, as if a banana were to become an apple over time... and it also refers to millions of animal species that we know becoming different animals, a never ending story.
You're finally getting an idea of how evolution works. Congratulations. Bananas evolved just like everything else:

https://www.science.org/content/article ... x-ancestry
And as if that were not enough, the theory also presupposes that unicellular living beings such as bacteria have become millions of years later into larger animals with millions of cells, such as mollusks and others, which, as I said before after emerging, many millions of years later, they became others, and others, and others, and others,........... different, all of it in millions and millions and other millions of years until human civilization appeared 6 millennia ago.
It doesn't "presuppose" that single-celled organisms evolved into multicellular organisms over time ... this is exactly what the fossil record shows. But again, you're finally almost getting it. Modern humans appeared far longer than 6 millennia ago (more like 200 - 300 millennia), but it took them a long time to figure out how to domesticate plants and animals and eventually build civilizations. The diversity of life on Earth today is a result of evolution from earlier forms, just as you'd expect from the process.
The truth of it all is that that story has no support in the fossil record; it is a speculative fiction that evolutionists try to make believe, while they search for something in the excavations that actually proves that this really happened.
This is where you're dead wrong. There is 150+ years of proof for evolution in the fossil record, and decades of genetics work, all documented in many thousands of published science papers, books, etc. A claim that there is "no support in the fossil record" is so obviously and demonstrably wrong I'm surprised anyone would even try that line today.
Meanwhile, the acolytes of evolutionists keep saying things like this someone said to me on this forum:

DrNoGods wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:32 pm
... Science discovered the truth and it replaced these outdated and demonstrably wrong ideas (for the good of all of us).

That sounds like a Nazi slogan to me. :?
Just stating the facts ... are all comments that disagree with your religious views interpreted as Nazi slogans?
... or this:

DrNoGods wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:41 pm
I'm a proud member of the animal kingdom (and therefore an animal ...) ...

... that sounds like a Gregorian chant to me.
I suppose that's better than a Nazi slogan, but again just stating a fact ... all humans are animals, but all animals are not humans, whether you like it or not.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Eloi »

The fossil record does not support evolutionary theory. Thats the reality. 8-)

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #12]
The fossil record does not support evolutionary theory.
Unfortunately for you and other people who have this outdated and erroneous opinion, that ship has sailed. It is the accepted explanation for how life diversified on this planet specifically because it is so thoroughly supported by the fossil record (including the evolution of human beings from apes). A tiny number of naysayers whose opinion is based solely on religious ideas and who can't refute the science but only shout "it isn't true because it conflicts with my religion", can't and won't change this. You lost the battle you are fighting long ago.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Eloi »

The massive fossil evidence now available reveals that basic kinds of living things appeared suddenly and did not change appreciably for long periods of time. No transitional links between one major kind of living thing and another have ever been found.

Reality prevails over fiction. :D

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #14]
The massive fossil evidence now available reveals that basic kinds of living things appeared suddenly and did not change appreciably for long periods of time. No transitional links between one major kind of living thing and another have ever been found.
I'd suggest a basic book on evolution for beginners ... it might help avoid silly comments like this and inform you on the many transitional fossils that HAVE been found. Here's a list of some of them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... al_fossils
John Paul Jones, 1779

Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Eloi »

Your personal attacks change absolutely nothing of what I say. We're not in a ring, so save to yourself your disqualifications.

Either way, tell me: can someone who considers himself an animal reason like a human? :?:

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Eloi »

Practically no fossil animal is so rare or exotic that a modern counterpart of it cannot be found. The fossil animals of millions of years ago are still fish, reptiles, birds, quadrupeds, etc like the modern ones are. ;)

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #16]
Your personal attacks change absolutely nothing of what I say. We're not in a ring, so save to yourself your disqualifications.
I'm challenging what you are saying, which shows that you don't understand evolution at even a basic level. The claims you are making are simply wrong as far as there being no support for evolution, or that the fossil record does not support it. You keep saying things like this, but so far have yet to offer up anything beyond your religious-biased personal opinion. Meanwhile, I've provided many links to human fossil evidence, transitional fossils, etc. which prove that you are wrong with some of these comments.
Either way, tell me: can someone who considers himself an animal reason like a human?
Since humans are part of the animal kingdom (ie. they ARE animals), then the answer to that should be obvious. Your definition of animal is evidently different from the biological/science definition. You appear to be using the word as it is used in a phrase such as "treated like an animal" ... which is a figurative expression having nothing to do with the taxonomic classification of humans.
John Paul Jones, 1779

Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Eloi »

The fossil record does not prove that transmutation from one species to another is true... no matter how many fossils have been unearthed, none of them is something we cannot see today. In any case, the only thing they demonstrate is the biological diversity within each species; that is not the evolution that you want to defend.

I don't know what you're trying to make believe that the number of fossils found has something to do with transmutation from one species to another. One thing has nothing to do with another... except when they make up strange tales, making believe that fossils are missing links. They are not, except in your imagination.

Fossils of any species are found in the same strata. Do you know what that means? It means they all came up pretty much at once, not one after the other.

No one have to be an expert in evolutionary theory to know what's going on. It is a widely known and discussed theory since it was invented... it has never ceased to be fiction, interpretations of findings that unsuccessfully try to make believe that animals came from each other, plants from each other, etc.

Besides, I don't even have to be a believer to realize reality, so every time you try to make believe that my religion or the Bible has something to do with my reasoning, you're just being fallacious ... and show how desperate you are to hide the reasoning.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #19]
No one have to be an expert in evolutionary theory to know what's going on. It is a widely known and discussed theory since it was invented... it has never ceased to be fiction, interpretations of findings that unsuccessfully try to make believe that animals came from each other, plants from each other, etc.
Easy to say that ... now discredit evolution by more than just personal incredulity. No one has knocked it off of its throne yet as the prevailing theory if how life diversified on this planet, and just making unsupported claims on an internet forum certainly won't do it. Plus, we can see it in action every day in bacteria, viruses, etc. and we practice artifical selection to make better crops, cows, pigs, etc., fancy dogs and other animals. What makes you think nature can't impact how mutations are selected or allow plants and animals to gain or lose features and functions in response to the enviroment, food sources, predator/prey mix, etc.? Happens everyday, everywhere.
John Paul Jones, 1779

Mark Twain