Abortion and Marriage

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

jcrawford
Guru

Abortion and Marriage

Post #1

Post by jcrawford »

What if abortions were kept legal within the reproductive and privacy rights granted in marriage only, and then only with consent of both spouses? If singles want either a child or an abortion, they would have to get parental consent or married, or would be considered married by the state, in either eventuality.

This way, all reproductive decisions would be made privately, by the parties concerned, and would be no one's else's business at all.

How would that play out in different scenarios, from a Christian or non-Christian POV?

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #101

Post by micatala »

Moderator Note

Just a reminder to please not make profane comments or references.

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #102

Post by Cephus »

Vladd44 wrote:People like you assumed that Virginity pledges could only do good. Now with a girl signing the pledge being 4 times more likely to have anal sex, and 8 times more likely to have oral sex, there are plenty of teen boys who want to thank you as the eyes roll back in their heads.
That's the funny thing about those pledges, they really don't do anything. In fact, evidence is mounting that they are actually BAD for you. While they might put off the first sexual contact, once the person does start having sex, they usually go completely hog wild, having as many or more sexual partners than they would have had without the pledge.

Who thought this was a good idea again?

Vladd44
Sage

Post #103

Post by Vladd44 »

Cephus wrote:While they might put off the first sexual contact, once the person does start having sex, they usually go completely hog wild, having as many or more sexual partners than they would have had without the pledge.
Not only that, but they are also far less likely to use birth control, or even try to protect themselves from disease.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[GOD] ‑ 1 Cor 13:11
WinMX, BitTorrent and other p2p issues go to http://vladd44.com