Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Should the next president be a woman?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #21

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 20 by bluethread]

2dbunk made the comparison I just drew the parallels you couldn't see. I made no actual direct comparison myself. I also clarified that I think Trump is a satirist not an actual facist.

What do you think?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 16 by bluethread]

Just a gut feeling. you're the one who took me to task for mentioning statistics, so my intuitive opinion stands.

Of course what DtD mentions -- that Trump's efforts are satirical in nature -- is very possible. Is the Republican base that gullible? If so, it's curtains for that party unless they can right the ship before it goes aground.

FDR a fascist? I don't think so.

Best regards

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #23

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 20 by bluethread]

[Replying to post 16 by bluethread]

Just a gut feeling. you're the one who took me to task for mentioning statistics, so my intuitive opinion stands.

Of course what DtD mentions -- that Trump's efforts are satirical in nature -- is very possible. Is the Republican base that gullible? If so, it's curtains for that party unless they can right the ship before it goes aground.

FDR a fascist? I don't think so.

Have a nice day

tfvespasianus
Sage

Post #24

Post by tfvespasianus »

It is the season (or at least very close to it). I stand by my post #8 written last November with the only caveats being that, yes, Carson flamed out and I hold that HRC will win in November barring something exceptionally extraordinary. Given this, we will have ‘our’ first female president.

Could one fairly say that this is by far the most likely outcome?

Take care,
TFV

bluethread
Savant

Post #25

Post by bluethread »

tfvespasianus wrote: It is the season (or at least very close to it). I stand by my post #8 written last November with the only caveats being that, yes, Carson flamed out and I hold that HRC will win in November barring something exceptionally extraordinary. Given this, we will have ‘our’ first female president.

Could one fairly say that this is by far the most likely outcome?

Take care,
TFV
Well, Trump has just assembled his tag team and Hillary has yet to enter the arena. So, the title fight hasn't even begun yet, the polls are looking pretty even and there will be 15 rounds 'til the end of the match. Four will be in the ring and the rest on the street. From the sparring matches and street brawls so far, it appears like it's going to be a bloody one.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #26

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 24 by bluethread]

A bloody one for sure . . . if neither one of them gets indicted! Hillary may have passed the judiciary test, but she's already bloody from it.

But she heals quickly as we all know. What a bizarre race this is going to be!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #27

Post by Elijah John »

Why not? Carly Fiorina would have made a great president. Or Condolezza Rice.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #28

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

2Dbunk wrote:

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.
The 19th Amendment which was ratified in 1920 gave women the right to vote. Since half the voting population are women, the statistical probability of a woman President eventually was established at being nearly 100% almost 100 years ago.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 27 by Tired of the Nonsense]

Yes but there are a lot of women who vote in lockstep with their husbands. I know this to be fact in our community, which is a Republican stronghold -- Hillary is toast here.

How long into the future do you think women will rise up en-mass and vote as a solid block?

This election, like the last and many of the past, is about hope vs. fear. Are we better off than we were eight years ago? Sure we are. That may be a clue for casting a vote in this coming election. Another clue might be who is the most CONSISTENT and QUALIFIED to be president!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #30

Post by myth-one.com »

2Dbunk wrote:Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president?
When the competetion is a clown,

the other person should always win.

Whether male or female!