Seperation of sex and state.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

AlAyeti
Guru

Seperation of sex and state.

Post #1

Post by AlAyeti »

Should the govenrnemt be in position to decide sexual matters or define what is and what isn't acceptable in regards to privately practiced sex acts?

Unless the issue is with children living at home and under the authority and responsibility of their parents, should "Government" be excluded from being involved in the sexual practices of individuals?

What a person chooses to do in private should stay in private as long as it is not an illegal behavior. Should laws be passed giving "cultural status" and cultural recognition to an individual under the label of a "Culture" if it is private and independent behavior defined by individuality and not birth ethnicity?

Much is made of the personal choice of religion, and how that effects a persons way of viewing society, but nothing is more personal than sexual behavior in regards to how it effects a persons views on his or her in society. All people engage in commonly occuring sex acts no matter their ethnic or country of origin. Can an individual sexual practice be embraced by a group of people and then be elevated to an exclusive cultural indentity?

Why should leguslative governemt be in the business to define a persons civil rights by their sexual behavior?

If government becomes involved in defining personal rights practiced in private, should the people vote or be allowed to amend the laws that govern society as a means to define and/or re-redefine societal norms practiced in private and between "Consenting Adults?"

Or should government be seperated from sexuality and have nothing to say about an adult persons private behavior?
Last edited by AlAyeti on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #91

Post by AlAyeti »

Jose,

I lived in the "inner-city" for years. I lived in "West Hollywood" as well, for years. Just before moving to East LA. L ived for a long time not as a Christian. The only reason the inner-city populace votes Democrat is that they are believing liars. You'ld think forty-plus years of J. Jackson and his ilk, would wake them up.

You response is a bit ignorant and typical of the leftist view. Though as always presented with decency.

I'm an empiricist. Forged not by all of those classroom discussions, but by empiricism itself.

I do love this coming from you though: "No one will argue that there were not excesses in Rome. But that's not what caused Rome to succumb to the invasions of their neighbors. That was, in large part, a consequence of being weakened by extending their population beyond what their local ecology could support."

Sounds so much like what Liberal-Secularists ARE doing to America, I'm going to print it out and keep it. Coming from you, this quote will show the innate intellectual blindness in people that hold your kind of belief system. All of whom claim educated elite status for their perspective.

Coupled with the destruction of the family by Neo-Liberalsim started in the sixties, and you have a mortally wounded America. Dying from the same illness caused by the same kind of people as other sexually misguided populations.

I'm sorry Jose, I have to go. My son just reminded me I promised to make blueberry muffins for breakfast.

To quote a misguided Republican . . . "I'll be back!"