Seperation of sex and state.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

AlAyeti
Guru

Seperation of sex and state.

Post #1

Post by AlAyeti »

Should the govenrnemt be in position to decide sexual matters or define what is and what isn't acceptable in regards to privately practiced sex acts?

Unless the issue is with children living at home and under the authority and responsibility of their parents, should "Government" be excluded from being involved in the sexual practices of individuals?

What a person chooses to do in private should stay in private as long as it is not an illegal behavior. Should laws be passed giving "cultural status" and cultural recognition to an individual under the label of a "Culture" if it is private and independent behavior defined by individuality and not birth ethnicity?

Much is made of the personal choice of religion, and how that effects a persons way of viewing society, but nothing is more personal than sexual behavior in regards to how it effects a persons views on his or her in society. All people engage in commonly occuring sex acts no matter their ethnic or country of origin. Can an individual sexual practice be embraced by a group of people and then be elevated to an exclusive cultural indentity?

Why should leguslative governemt be in the business to define a persons civil rights by their sexual behavior?

If government becomes involved in defining personal rights practiced in private, should the people vote or be allowed to amend the laws that govern society as a means to define and/or re-redefine societal norms practiced in private and between "Consenting Adults?"

Or should government be seperated from sexuality and have nothing to say about an adult persons private behavior?
Last edited by AlAyeti on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #51

Post by AlAyeti »

Interesting that the first amendment is no longer held out to American Christians.

Hate crimes legislation saw to that. What an ironic little title.

Interesting times we live in.

Sure! There's no "agenda."

The Persnickety Platypus
Guru

Post #52

Post by The Persnickety Platypus »

I believe you take this argument way out of proportion.

Indeed, there a number of questionable regulations limiting Christian speech and tactics in CERTAIN situations. You are also most likely correct in saying that these regulations are driven in many cases by an ulterior agenda. This is wrong, I agree. But I feel for the most part we are granted the same rights under law as anyone else.

Also, keep in mind that many of these regulations are typically designed to stop overzealous Christians from overtaking the populace and imposing conformity.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #53

Post by AlAyeti »

"Also, keep in mind that many of these regulations are typically designed to stop overzealous Christians from overtaking the populace and imposing conformity."

Yet evolution has produced a society that believes in nothing and that they can behave anyway they want without consequence. The proponents of evolution are not only zealous, they are lawsuit hysterical!

A "zealous evolutionist" is redundant. Go to the threads on the subject and prove that fact.

Evolution is as much a religion as anything people believe in. Once it took hold every form of decency and morality crumbled. Dovorde, abortion, family destruction, fatherless children and a society that is so violent that only Biblical stories seem to represent a fact.

I certainly do not want to live under a religious power like Mormonism or Islam, but what IS happening to a godless populace is a societal-carciogen called relativism.

The ONLY voice of reason IS coming from Christians. I was not living a morally sound life when I was awakened to what the Christians were saying. Their points were perfect, because I lived their warnings. Empiricsm is on their side. Now, a powerful political body is sanctioning men marrying men and womenn marrying women. Only the Bible points to this abomination as happening. Society will not survive that. Relativism has already caused the deaths of millions and millions and millions of unborn children, and oh yes, for the life of the mother! A life to party and get laid ad infinitum.

There is "something" taking over the populace.

Christians are the only voice in opposition of evil. And now they have been put (back) in the category of criminals by their "speech."

Though there should be a seperation of sex and state, we see the same forces at play that existed when God flushed away mankind, almost entirely.

The care for the widow and orphan? It seems Ezekiel was talking about a Sodom and Gomorrah that was ever-repeating.

Empiricism backs that up.

There is a form of religion ruling America. I believe Molech is the god worshipped by the proponents of relativism and the newest form of what's been labeled "liberal."

Again, observation backs that up.

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #54

Post by ST88 »

AlAyeti wrote:Yet evolution has produced a society that believes in nothing and that they can behave anyway they want without consequence. The proponents of evolution are not only zealous, they are lawsuit hysterical!

A "zealous evolutionist" is redundant. Go to the threads on the subject and prove that fact.

Evolution is as much a religion as anything people believe in. Once it took hold every form of decency and morality crumbled. Dovorde, abortion, family destruction, fatherless children and a society that is so violent that only Biblical stories seem to represent a fact.
Hi Al,

None of the real/imaginary actions by others that you have outlined in this thread affect you in the least. I don't know if you have children, but surely any children that were raised in good Christian families would reject such things outright and would therefore also be unaffected.

What is it that you are afraid of?

The Persnickety Platypus
Guru

Post #55

Post by The Persnickety Platypus »

Once it took hold every form of decency and morality crumbled. Dovorde, abortion, family destruction, fatherless children and a society that is so violent that only Biblical stories seem to represent a fact.
But of course, those sorts of things existed FAR before Darwin was even born.
Again, observation backs that up.
Your observation may support this, but my observation is a bit different.

I see horrible corruption and evil in both athiests AND Christians. The longer you deny the attrocities your own religion has wrought upon the world (both past AND present), the farther we are from putting an end to them.
Christians are the only voice in opposition of evil.
This is not true. Now that is something that can be backed up with observation.

Once again, I do not believe that reality is as obvious as you present it. The world is not simple black and white. All Christians are not good. All athiests are not bad. There are shades of grey.

palmera
Scholar

Post #56

Post by palmera »

Christians are the only voice in opposition of evil. And now they have been put (back) in the category of criminals by their "speech."
You have spoken so much of laws which take away the free speech of Christians: Exactly which laws have been enacted against the free speech of Christians? I would like to know which anti-free speech law explicitly sites "Christians" in its wording.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #57

Post by Cathar1950 »

AlAyeti wrote:
Changing the unchangeable is not just Liberal, it is Satanic
I do not think that changing the unchangeable is liberal or satanic.
It is logically impossible.
AlAyeti wrote:
I view the Left as Sodom-like. It is proveable. Empirically and literally. Oops, Sodomy is no longer a big deal huh? In fact, it is "legal."
That is silly. Which left are you talking about. Left does mean sinister.
Or is it sinister mean left?
AlAyeti wrote:
Again AlAyeti your opinion is in error. Evolution is a theory built upon facts
and observation. The data is overwhelming. Not only has evolution gone on in the past, it is still going on.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #58

Post by AlAyeti »

AlAyeti wrote:
Again AlAyeti your opinion is in error. Evolution is a theory built upon facts
and observation. The data is overwhelming. Not only has evolution gone on in the past, it is still going on.[/quote]

///

What data is that? Evolutionists themselves teach "as fact" that evolution took billions and billions of years (the date of course evolved as well) to ever so slighty (from a starting point uh, in nothingness), to change something into something else. Now, I don't want to argue evolution as myth and fairy tales are fun to read, but the statement that "I is still going on," as something observable, is an interesting thing to hear.

Time lapse photography? You're going need a h-ll of a good battery. That is according to your data. And of course, conveniently, you and I won't be around for the opening night of "New Species from the Twenty First century!"

But, I'll bet sexuality won't have changed in the slightest. What goes on in private should stay in private.

Are we not listening to the Vegas ads?

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #59

Post by Cathar1950 »

No evolution takes place all the time. Living organisms respond biologically as well as genetically even today. What you fail to understand is that evolution means responding to change by changing..
Now, I don't want to argue evolution as myth and fairy tales are fun to read, but the statement that "is still going on, as observable, is absurd.
I think your mixing your religion with evolution. Your the one with the fairy tales and and myths. Mostly the fairy tales from you posts. I think if you check any modern biology book you can see at a molecular level change is still happening. Bacterium and viruses would be two good examples. Of course you can you can always say that is because of sin and the fall of man. Another fairy tale.
So I would say it is not absurd it is life.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #60

Post by AlAyeti »

palmera wrote:
You have spoken so much of laws which take away the free speech of Christians: Exactly which laws have been enacted against the free speech of Christians? I would like to know which anti-free speech law explicitly sites "Christians" in its wording.
///
Palmera, Palmera, Palmera,

(The Criminalization of Christianity is now a book for a reason.)

Come on now. You are communicating to someone that is pointing out that evil is a reality.

The best poison is applied slowly to affect the most people. It took Jim Jones a long time to get his followers to a point that they would commit suicide at his word.

Hate Crimes legislation is directed at one particular group of people that claims that homosexuality and pederasty is evil and wrong. Groups like the ACLU not only represent Pedophile Groups like NAMBLA but are the voice of the homosexual lobby. Sexual orientation is a position that should be challenged but is now protected by legislation. How did society get to the place that dildos, anal and oral sex can now classify a group of people as a minority to be protected, or to claim a cultural classification based on what should be private activities?

Is it time for an amendment to seperate sex and state?

But here is a question.

If there was sepeeration of sex and state, would children be in danger?

Or would it "actually be a hate crime" to challenge (even vocally), those that view sexual intercourse as defining their cultural classification?

Slippery slope maybe?