Seperation of sex and state.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

AlAyeti
Guru

Seperation of sex and state.

Post #1

Post by AlAyeti »

Should the govenrnemt be in position to decide sexual matters or define what is and what isn't acceptable in regards to privately practiced sex acts?

Unless the issue is with children living at home and under the authority and responsibility of their parents, should "Government" be excluded from being involved in the sexual practices of individuals?

What a person chooses to do in private should stay in private as long as it is not an illegal behavior. Should laws be passed giving "cultural status" and cultural recognition to an individual under the label of a "Culture" if it is private and independent behavior defined by individuality and not birth ethnicity?

Much is made of the personal choice of religion, and how that effects a persons way of viewing society, but nothing is more personal than sexual behavior in regards to how it effects a persons views on his or her in society. All people engage in commonly occuring sex acts no matter their ethnic or country of origin. Can an individual sexual practice be embraced by a group of people and then be elevated to an exclusive cultural indentity?

Why should leguslative governemt be in the business to define a persons civil rights by their sexual behavior?

If government becomes involved in defining personal rights practiced in private, should the people vote or be allowed to amend the laws that govern society as a means to define and/or re-redefine societal norms practiced in private and between "Consenting Adults?"

Or should government be seperated from sexuality and have nothing to say about an adult persons private behavior?
Last edited by AlAyeti on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShieldAxe
Scholar

Post #41

Post by ShieldAxe »

AlAyeti wrote:
MagusYanam wrote:I looked up both homosexuality and paedophilia in the Encyclopaedia Britannica (a reliable source) and they still appear to be two different things entirely. Paedophilia seems to be a deviance related to a mental illness, like depression. Homosexuality is not easily described a mental illness since homosexuals tend to display vastly different psychological patterns.

Paederasty is a deviance (and a crime in modern societies) which is by definition homosexual (relations between an adult man and a young boy), though not even in Ancient Greece or Rome was this typical of all homosexual behaviour (homosexual relationships between adults also being relatively common). So you are factually wrong that paederasty and homosexuality are (or even historically were) one and the same. Slavery is a different issue altogether, however, and sexual abuse was not uncommon for either gender.

On Aristotle's views you are probably right, since you probably know more than I do: I searched Aristotle's discourses on ethics in Wikipedia and in the Britannica and found nothing pertaining to homosexuality.

Paul was arrested by the Romans for breaking Jewish law (by bringing Gentiles into the Temple, where only Jews were allowed) before he was executed. Sexual deviance seems to have nothing to do with Paul's arrest and death.
///

Pederasty IS 100% homosexual behavior. The facts are the facts. Even you cannot spin away written history.

From Wikipedia: "Phaedrus’ belief in an army of lovers would be realized in the Sacred Band of Thebes. His views were common in their society from the earliest of Greek history to the eventual coming of Christianity.

The institution of pederasty was held sacred. When Aeschines’ gave a speech on the topic to jurors in Athens composed of all classes they respectfully honored it. Belief in ideals sprouted from same-sex love became a central part of the ancient Greeks.

///

If homosexuality is not wrong physically and morally, then neither is Pedophilia. It is just a sexual orientation. What the "Homosexual Agenda" has always been about.

Historical.

Now look up the word "orientation."

Sickening when applied to sexuality and children.
I don't see how you can conflate the two. One involves children, one doesn't. That's a significant difference. Anyone with any sense can see that.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #42

Post by AlAyeti »

I used historical facts past and present.

Anyone with eyesight and and a decent intelligence can read and understand that.

ShieldAxe
Scholar

Post #43

Post by ShieldAxe »

AlAyeti wrote:I used historical facts past and present.

Anyone with eyesight and and a decent intelligence can read and understand that.
Pathetic. Your post didn't show that they are the same at all. You're trying to mask your hate with inapplicable excerpts. You make no sense whatsoever. They are two different things. A boy is different than a man. It's empirically obvious.

It's like saying sex with a 3 year old is that same as sex with an adult. Ridiculous.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #44

Post by AlAyeti »

Your logic doesn't add up. If "society" allows for the redefinition of sexuality and of marriage, then why is one persons sexual orientation any different than anothers?

The issue was pederasty and homosexuality. It is one and the same.

My point being that any good parent and EVERY Christian, should opose the homosexualization of our society. Believe all you want to that the homosexual agenda is not geared towards sexualizating children, but history does not lend you support.

ShieldAxe
Scholar

Post #45

Post by ShieldAxe »

AlAyeti wrote: Your logic doesn't add up. If "society" allows for the redefinition of sexuality and of marriage, then why is one persons sexual orientation any different than anothers?
Once again you make no sense. If you allow gays to marry their sexual orientation is still different than a heterosexual's.

The only thing being redefined is homosexuality - by you.
AlAyeti wrote:

The issue was pederasty and homosexuality. It is one and the same.
Once again you make no sense. One is sex with kids and one isn't.
AlAyeti wrote:

My point being that any good parent and EVERY Christian, should opose the homosexualization of our society. Believe all you want to that the homosexual agenda is not geared towards sexualizating children, but history does not lend you support.
At one time in history pederasty was more accepted. Now it's not. That's what your post showed.

Hey if you want to teach your kids to hate people based on sexual orientation go right ahead. Moral people don't do that.

The Persnickety Platypus
Guru

Post #46

Post by The Persnickety Platypus »

pederasty
n : sexual relations between a man and a boy (usually anal intercourse with the boy as a passive partner)

ho·mo·sex·u·al (hm-sksh-l, -m-)
adj.
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

Man + Boy= Pederasty

Man + Man= Homosexuality

Al, with all due respect, the dictionary seems to differ.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #47

Post by AlAyeti »

pederasty
n : sexual relations between a man and a boy (usually anal intercourse with the boy as a passive partner)

ho·mo·sex·u·al (hm-sksh-l, -m-)
adj.
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

///

Hmm, let us reason together.

Male with male equals (male) homosexuality.

"Of or relating to persons of the same sex." Age doesn't classify or reclassify the sex of a person. Boys are young males. Men are grown up boys. Both have always been male.

Same logic with Sappho's actions.

Empiricism should at least be given its due. Semantics aside.

The Persnickety Platypus
Guru

Post #48

No one ever denied that they are similar, but to say they are exactly the same is an overstretch.

All pederasts are homosexuals. But all homosexuals are not pederasts.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #49

Post by AlAyeti »

P-P,

The point is the "slippery slope."

And I know a thing or two about the homosexual community. Youth and virilty is everything. Sexually. I really do know that some homosexuals are not lusting after children. Though Sappho certainly is not a good example though (huh)? Pederasty swings both sexes.

This thread (started by me), was about the opposition of the promotion of all kinds of sexuality to the young in public schools or whatever. Primarily in schools, and supported by government influence. That's bu--sh--.

I am a tax payer. My views of sexuality are 100% equal to anyone else. Children should be taught anatomical and physiological sexuality in the education setting. If they want to "deviate from the norm," then political activist groups (or Catholic Priests) shouldn't be allowed to talk. Teach children facts and let facts guide them. Not political correctness masking a sexual agenda.

I used to think, "live and let live." Until the numbers of sexualized youth wandering the streets and housed in juvenile halls and mental institutions became to overwhelming to ignore. I have a decade and a half with that experience. Prove it yourself and visit a local group home or youth menatl institution.

Homosexuality is ONLY sexuality. There is no moral compass other than "Use a condom."

That is not only against logic, to assume children can handle sex, but it is recruitment. As a Christian I have the right to say it is Satanic. As a citizen I have the right to call it Pederasty. And I have the right to fight it. Which I am. I don't spend all my time in the sport of on-line chat.

The evidence is in. Yet it is being ignored. For a reason. I do not have to pay for that reason with my tax dollars. AND, private sexual interest proponents should not be plying their trade in the schools.

There should be a seperation of sex and state exactly like church and state.

The Persnickety Platypus
Guru

Post #50

But on the contrary, homosexuality is not taught OR promoted in schools as you suggest. I should know- I am still in school.

Family life, the only subject in school where sex is even discussed, sticks to basic anatomy. It was only a few years ago that I last had to take such a class. I am not aware that the cirriculum has changed any.

HOWEVER, you are right in saying that some sexual matters are being forced upon students. Amoung these, is tolerance: advocated by the dreaded hate crimes legislation.

Does the Bible teach us to discriminate? "Accept each other, as Christ has accepted you"? Ever heard the saying "love the sinner, hate the sin"? I agree wholeheartedly with such anti-discrimination laws. Does that mean I agree with homosexuality? Of course not.

If you are looking for gay-promoting agencies to lobby against, I will be glad to point you in a more likely direction. Head toward the Constitution, take a left at the ten ammendments, hang a right through freedom of speech, and you will reach a group of agencies called the "media". Here you will find a multitude of gay-supporting ads and programs that are most likely to blame for the sexualization of our youth.

There are indeed quite a few out there promoting sexual agendas. Such people are typically not allowed in the school system.