Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

perfessor
Scholar

Baptist Church Excludes Democrats

Post #1

Post by perfessor »

http://www.wlos.com/

I don't get it. Didn't Jesus ply his trade among tax collectors, prostitutes, and other "sinners"?
East Waynesville Baptist asked nine members to leave. Now 40 more have left the church in protest. Former members say Pastor Chan Chandler gave them the ultimatum, saying if they didn't support George Bush, they should resign or repent. The minister declined an interview with News 13. But he did say "the actions were not politically motivated." There are questions about whether the bi-laws were followed when the members were thrown out.
So my question for debate: Should the East Waynesville Baptist Church lose its tax-exempt status?

I say they should, since the pastor has turned the church into an arm of the Republican party.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #431

Post by AlAyeti »

And honestly, I have to remember, to not debate anything with you; perhaps if I find something we agree upon I may mention it. Even so, I've learned that I shouldn't argue with you (in particular) any longer. What's going on between us right now, feels a lot to me like the things that are happening in France; it's very negative stuff.
I cannot see why you take things so "personally." This thread is about a Christian leader of a Baptist Church that did the right thing.

I defend Christianity nothing more nothing less. My positions find foundation from scripture.

Like I've said before find yourself a Church where you feel supported or start your own. I have never wished you any harm nor have I wished you to leave Christ.

That we have profoundly different positions on the Christian life, that is to be expected in these current and troubling times.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #432

Post by AlAyeti »

So, Pope Benedict and this Baptist Church Pastor have something in common.

God is truly calling His people to repentance.

All of them.

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #433

Post by MagusYanam »

AlAyeti wrote:So, Pope Benedict and this Baptist Church Pastor have something in common.

God is truly calling His people to repentance.

All of them.
Calling people to repentance doesn't equal telling them to vote for George W. Bush or be kicked out (which is what this pastor did). This pastor betrayed his ministry, plain and simple.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #434

Post by AlAyeti »

Following Democrats is following those that celebrate the murder of children, the destruction of the family and the redefinition of marriage. In a Christian church these kinds of people need to repent or be asked to leave.

We will see this Pastor proven right again if the unthinkable happens and God allows the democrats to lead this country into the abominations they proclaim in the actions of their legislation.

The inner city is a place to see democrat fruit, as well as the juvenile justice system and our mental health institutions filled with children of liberal political actions.

Maybe God will allow the full season of democrat sponsered abomination to take control of America for prophetic reasons.

As for me and my house (we need not worry) we will follow the Lord.

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #435

Post by MagusYanam »

AlAyeti wrote:Following Democrats is following those that celebrate the murder of children, the destruction of the family and the redefinition of marriage. In a Christian church these kinds of people need to repent or be asked to leave.
Using emotionally loaded language won't help you hide from the truth. No one celebrates the death of a child.

And in my experience, it's the Republicans who want to destroy our family, since if they got their way both my parents would be out of work and wouldn't be able to support us.

Logical fallacy alert: not voting for Bush doesn't mean supporting Democrats. What about voters for Nader or Badnarik in the last election? We had a few of those (much to our chagrin).
AlAyeti wrote:The inner city is a place to see democrat fruit, as well as the juvenile justice system and our mental health institutions filled with children of liberal political actions.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc is it? There's another logical fallacy. Why do you like blaming those who take care of troubled youth in this country: the teachers, the community leaders, the police, those who run the justice systems and the mental health institutions? It's a very Roman thing to do.

I fault the consumer culture and conservative media more than liberal legislation for the corruption of youth, not just in inner cities but in Littleton, Colorado as well, and I have more logical strength here than you've produced in 1300+ posts to prove it. What do you think the phrase 'desensitised to violence' means? Why Littleton, Colorado and not an 'inner city' school? Given the state of education today, how many kids do you think even think about legislation to be corrupted by it?

You turn on the TV today and what do you see? 'Reality' TV shows and self-indulgence everywhere, even on the so-called 'Christian' televangelist channels, with not a thought to the poor or the hungry or those who aren't able to speak. I think that speaks volumes more for the state of society than a couple pieces of legislation.

This entire discussion is ridiculous. Why bother with someone whose bias, hatred and illogic are so strong it is like speaking to an unintelligent brick wall? Why bother arguing with someone who has no logical or intellectual integrity whatsoever?

At least I can pray for you, as Jesus taught me to do.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #436

Post by AlAyeti »

AlAyeti wrote:
Following Democrats is following those that celebrate the murder of children, the destruction of the family and the redefinition of marriage. In a Christian church these kinds of people need to repent or be asked to leave.

Using emotionally loaded language won't help you hide from the truth. No one celebrates the death of a child.
Emotionally charged facts. Watch the democrat-liberals go hysterical whenever they get Roe v. Wade challenged. The celebration of abortion and the murder of children is the democrat pro-deathabortion position. If that makes you uncomfortable I truly could not care less.

The role models for young women paraded in democrat cirlcles is pathetic. Cosmo girl means whore or slut when those words actually meant something. Now there is advice from liberal colomnists how to be realy good whores and sluts. Look it up in Cosmo. Or watch reruns of Sex and the City. Real good advice there. How many at HBO are GOP fundraisers ya' think?
And in my experience, it's the Republicans who want to destroy our family, since if they got their way both my parents would be out of work and wouldn't be able to support us.
That would be bad. But it seems that you are saying that the nuclear family has worth. I have taken note of you r conservative view on this. My work is starting to bear fruit.
Logical fallacy alert: not voting for Bush doesn't mean supporting Democrats. What about voters for Nader or Badnarik in the last election? We had a few of those (much to our chagrin).
Logic alert! "much to our chagrin" proves my point.
AlAyeti wrote:
The inner city is a place to see democrat fruit, as well as the juvenile justice system and our mental health institutions filled with children of liberal political actions.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc is it?
I take my education not from wikipedia but from this concept from Genesis to Revelation Magus. Every Prophet used this logic: "after this, therefore because of this." You are grasping a lie and not seeing the consequences so you will have friends.
There's another logical fallacy. Why do you like blaming those who take care of troubled youth in this country: the teachers, the community leaders, the police, those who run the justice systems and the mental health institutions? It's a very Roman thing to do.

You have no idea to whom you are communcating. I blame those that are taking care of the youth in this country because I have worked with these children for a decade and a half. Liberalism has now turned into complete licensing of relativism. Our children are dying becuase of Liberals. I have no voice any longer to ask the questions that used to be asked. Like? If there are no rules in these group homes what will happen to the children when they are kicked out when they become aduts that think the world will let them do whatever the hell (literally) they want to do.

Try and get a job Magus by saying "hey mother-fu--er, gimme a motherfu--ing job Beeeeyaaatch!" Liberalism is Satanic.

The Roman thing to do with children of others was to enslave them, rape them or kill them in the games. Exactly what liberals are doing TODAY.
I fault the consumer culture and conservative media more than liberal legislation for the corruption of youth, not just in inner cities but in Littleton, Colorado as well, and I have more logical strength here than you've produced in 1300+ posts to prove it.
Conservative media? The ones with sexuality in just about every ad? I would tell you nwhere to go with that assertion but I'm on probation.
What do you think the phrase 'desensitised to violence' means?

Gansta rap and liberal role models Mr (never mind).
Why Littleton, Colorado and not an 'inner city' school? Given the state of education today, how many kids do you think even think about legislation to be corrupted by it?

My family is in private schools to keep them away from your liberal brand of lascivious licentiousness. Children are dying en masses because of Democrat Liberals. Condoms ain't working get a clue!
You turn on the TV today and what do you see? 'Reality' TV shows and self-indulgence everywhere, even on the so-called 'Christian' televangelist channels, with not a thought to the poor or the hungry or those who aren't able to speak.

This is presenting lies. The Christians are feeding the poor on Christian TV and radio. Liberals hate faith-based organizations.

What I see on TV are reporbates that support the Democrat party.
I think that speaks volumes more for the state of society than a couple pieces of legislation.
The 60's until now has seen Liberal Democrats literally unleash Satan on America.
This entire discussion is ridiculous. Why bother with someone whose bias, hatred and illogic are so strong it is like speaking to an unintelligent brick wall?

Leave Jesus, Peter and Paul out of this. I believe what they wrote and change nothing for political correctness.
Why bother arguing with someone who has no logical or intellectual integrity whatsoever?

I have not lied one time.
At least I can pray for you, as Jesus taught me to do.
Don't. I trust the Bible. We do not work under the same yoke. In my opinion you have a different Jesus and a different Gospel.

Stick to debate.

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #437

Post by MagusYanam »

AlAyeti wrote:Emotionally charged facts. Watch the democrat-liberals go hysterical whenever they get Roe v. Wade challenged. The celebration of abortion and the murder of children is the democrat pro-deathabortion position.
Now, see, this is what we in the philosophy department like to call a 'straw man', because you'll hardly ever see a pro-choicer making this kind of argument. If pro-choice folks saw abortion as murder they wouldn't support it (which should go without saying).
AlAyeti wrote:The role models for young women paraded in democrat cirlcles is pathetic. Cosmo girl means whore or slut when those words actually meant something. Now there is advice from liberal colomnists how to be realy good whores and sluts. Look it up in Cosmo.
Magazines and TV stations are no more 'liberal' than the Republican entrepreneurs who run them. Attacking Cosmo is not attacking my arguments or what liberalism really is, since no liberal I know reads Cosmo. In fact, there are some really good liberal protest songs against magazines like Cosmo (and National Inquirer, People et cetera) that I like to listen to, like John McCutcheon's 'I Don't Care'.

Liberalism of today seems to be changing its outlook on sex and encouraging responsible abstinence / monogamy as the best option. In fact, that's what I was taught in my (gasp) public 'inner-city' high school. 'Relationships are based on mutual trust: you don't got it, you don't do it.'
AlAyeti wrote:How many at HBO are GOP fundraisers ya' think?
Judging from the statistics I'd say a fair few.
AlAyeti wrote:I have taken note of you r conservative view on this.
I'm what you might call conservative in money and habit; I'm liberal in my politics mainly for economic and social reasons.
AlAyeti wrote:Every Prophet used this logic: "after this, therefore because of this." You are grasping a lie and not seeing the consequences so you will have friends.
I don't reason 'after this, therefore because of this' so I don't flunk out of Logic and Reasoning 101.
AlAyeti wrote:You have no idea to whom you are communcating. I blame those that are taking care of the youth in this country because I have worked with these children for a decade and a half. Liberalism has now turned into complete licensing of relativism. Our children are dying becuase of Liberals. I have no voice any longer to ask the questions that used to be asked. Like? If there are no rules in these group homes what will happen to the children when they are kicked out when they become aduts that think the world will let them do whatever the hell (literally) they want to do.

Try and get a job Magus by saying "hey mother-fu--er, gimme a motherfu--ing job Beeeeyaaatch!" Liberalism is Satanic.

The Roman thing to do with children of others was to enslave them, rape them or kill them in the games. Exactly what liberals are doing TODAY.
And you obviously have no clue as to my knowledge of the situation, which seems a lot closer to it than your nebulous 'work' with us. The teachers are not to be blamed for the poor state of education, since they're poorly-paid workers in a vastly under-funded system. They're the ones trying the hardest (along with parents willing to invest in the system) to improve the lot of many of my peers.

In all honesty, it's parents who don't invest in the system who are cheating us youth in this country - the people who say, 'I don't use public education; why should I care what happens to them'.

Also, you want to play 'cause and effect'? How's this for a proposal? The problems with youth today are the cause of much of modern liberalism. People look at our educational system and wonder how we can improve it to better help these kids and get them to learn what will be to their benefit later, which leads to a lot of (gasp) liberal ideas such as improved school funding, qualification exams for teachers and retooling of the AP and preparatory programmes.

Here it looks like you're trying to put the cart before the horse - liberal values look like a pragmatic response to poor education, not the cause thereof. And though it's really none of your concern, I (and all other liberal students I know) apply for jobs in the normal fashion: by filling out an application, not by cussing at it.
AlAyeti wrote:Conservative media? The ones with sexuality in just about every ad? I would tell you nwhere to go with that assertion but I'm on probation.
Now you see how the GOP is talking big but selling you out? Guess who most of the people who go through business school (the guys running these magazines aren't academics, you know) are aligned with politically? I'll give you one guess and a hint: it's not the wussy 'party'.
AlAyeti wrote:Gansta rap and liberal role models Mr (never mind).
I'm no monsta, I'm no gangsta, I'm no hitman, I'm just me
Wo bushi feiwu, wo bushi laji, wo buhui fangqi, wo shi wo ziji

Chinese rap posse ANS-Jump breaking it down Long Men Zhen style.
AlAyeti wrote:My family is in private schools to keep them away from your liberal brand of lascivious licentiousness.
Ad hominems get you nowhere. But it doesn't seem that you're in any way part of the solution to the problem, now does it?
AlAyeti wrote:Children are dying en masses because of Democrat Liberals. Condoms ain't working get a clue!
Liberals don't advocate condom use so much as common sense. By the way, get some (common sense, I mean).
AlAyeti wrote:This is presenting lies. The Christians are feeding the poor on Christian TV and radio. Liberals hate faith-based organizations.
Stop projecting - you want my honest observations? I turn on 'Christian' TV and I see slick ministers-without-ministries in their Lincoln Town Cars telling us how the world's about to end soon and petitioning their viewers for cash without telling them where it's going.

In order to judge these preachers by their fruits, I'm going to have to see some fruits first.
AlAyeti wrote:The 60's until now has seen Liberal Democrats literally unleash Satan on America.
The 60's until now has seen the left splinter into different factions. Why do you think there's such rivalry now between the Greens, the Democrats and the Libertarians? We had it together when Niebuhr was leading us.

Oh, and before you ask, I haven't seen hide, hair, horn or hoof of Satan anywhere among these splinters. Unless you are referring to the neocons.
AlAyeti wrote:I have not lied one time.
Bulls--t. Do the words 'Clinton' and 'violent crime rates' ring any bells?
AlAyeti wrote:Don't. I trust the Bible. We do not work under the same yoke. In my opinion you have a different Jesus and a different Gospel.

Stick to debate.
Jesus Christ told me, his follower in the Gospel, to 'pray for those who persecute me'. As Martin Luther once said, 'Here I stand; I can do no other. God forgive me, amen'.

Lying to yourself that I'm not a Christian doesn't make it so.