What's wrong with being gay?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Daedalus X
Apprentice

What's wrong with being gay?

Post #1

Post by Daedalus X »

This thread is a continuation of an off topic conversation from here.

First, I think that we all agree that it's important to promote understanding, respect, and equality for all individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation. Everyone should be treated with dignity and allowed to express their identity without fear of discrimination or harm.

Question for debate is LGTBQIA2S+ a harmless social contagion, or are there serious unintended consequences awaiting the individuals and societies that are going down this road?

alexxcJRO
Guru

Re: What's wrong with being gay?

Post #281

Post by alexxcJRO »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:59 am
Clownboat wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:00 pm
oldbadger wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:08 am Now you just need to decide how cyber bullying is so different from other kinds of bullying.
If you would be so kind as to define what you mean by 'other kinds of bullying' the differences may be self evident enough that you won't need me to assist you.
But you don't believe in laws to stop 'bullying', and here you are, contradicting your own viewpoint. After all, bullying is bullying, whether on IT media, at school, in the workplace or anywhere else.

So come on, tell us how you managed to separate out one from all the others.
The whole exchange with Clownboat is a joke at this point. He was arguing I was bulling him (online) in a clever attempt to show how is not ok to have laws for cyberbulling. Then he pretends like that never happened after post 255.
Comedy.

If its ok to have bulling laws for bulling (online) it means one agrees is a malevolent, evil action that needs to be punished. If follows there should be no problem to having laws for bulling that occurs everywhere(online, schools, work).

I don't know what is his problem.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

oldbadger
Guru

Post #282

Post by oldbadger »

alexxcJRO wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 am
The whole exchange with Clownboat is a joke at this point. He was arguing I was bulling him (online) in a clever attempt to show how is not ok to have laws for cyberbulling. Then he pretends like that never happened after post 255.
Comedy.

If its ok to have bulling laws for bulling (online) it means one agrees is a malevolent, evil action that needs to be punished. If follows there should be no problem to having laws for bulling that occurs everywhere(online, schools, work).

I don't know what is his problem.
Yes, bullying is unnacceptable anywhere. And that includes psychological as well as physical bullying.
As for bullying of children, it can destroy confidence and 'love of life' in a child for many years after school, if not for ever.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #283

Post by Clownboat »

alexxcJRO wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 am Laws for bulling(all kinds of bulling: (online, schools, work)). Mostly I was talking of my country. I already said this multiple times.
Clownboat: What bullying laws you are referring to that you would like us to adapt?
alexxcJRO: Laws for bullying.
Please up your game.

I asked you what bullying laws you are referring to that you would like us to adapt in order to further this debate. That would give us something productive to talk about.
If you are not even going to try to debate what you want with me, them bow out and stop wasting my time please. You have made your virtuous claim very clear and I agree with it. It appears that your virtuous claim is all you have though. No meat to discuss.

If only you were willing to tell us what you want to become law. :(
We could then discuss such potential laws and maybe they will some day make it in to legislation, but you are unwilling to actually discuss what you want done.
Please answer my q please:
Q: So do you now agree its ok to have laws for bulling(online) but not laws for bulling that occurs in schools?
Holy monkeys Bat Man! What laws for bullying in schools are you referring to? Let me know so that I can let you know if I agree.

Don't you care about bullying? If you do, please offer up something meaningful for us to discuss, like I would like X, Y and Z enacted in schools to inhibit bullying. This would give us something to discuss. Remember, I'm with you, I am against bullies and bullying and I'm willing to discuss any mechanism you can think of that might be beneficial. Sadly, you have nothing but your virtuous claim so far that I do agree with.

Now join me on my crusade in ending world hunger! Just don't ask me what I have in mind as I only have a virtuous claim to offer. 8-)
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #284

Post by Clownboat »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:59 am But you don't believe in laws to stop 'bullying'
Please provide evidence for this claim or retract it for being both false and slanderous.
and here you are, contradicting your own viewpoint. After all, bullying is bullying, whether on IT media, at school, in the workplace or anywhere else.
There is evidence for cyber bullying unlike there would be for alexxcJRO calling me a moron on the bus in the mornings (and that doesn't even get into how are we going to determine if I'm weaker or stronger than alexxcJRO, which only muddies it further).

I wish you were right that bullying was bullying, but you're not. In one instance, there is evidence, in the other, I must convince a higher power that I'm being bullied and that will be abused by some. Heck, even bullies could literally use this as a mechanism to bully another. That cannot be done with the crime of cyber bullying.

Do you have any bullying laws that you would like to present to the class? Perhaps we can discuss them? Perhaps some day one of these ideas will make it in to legislation and something meaningful will be done. If you care that is. Want to discuss such a law, or is appearing/feeling virtuous the end goal?

Clownboat: I want to end world hunger.
oldbadger: How?
Clownboat: By passing laws to end world hunger. Care to debate me or do you just want people to starve?
That is all that is going on here.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #285

Post by Clownboat »

alexxcJRO wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 am I don't know what is his problem.
It's your focus. Your focus is on me and sounding virtuous.

I promise you, I am fully willing to discuss any laws you would like enacted that you feel will inhibit bullying or would protect potential victims, but you must do better than: "laws for bullying".

I'm not the problem here, your unwillingness to inform the rest of us as to what you think we should consider doing is.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #286

Post by Clownboat »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:45 am Yes, bullying is unnacceptable anywhere. And that includes psychological as well as physical bullying.
As for bullying of children, it can destroy confidence and 'love of life' in a child for many years after school, if not for ever.
I agree with your virtuous claim and see nothing further to add to it.

I'm now going to write my local legislators to inform them that they better get to passing those bullying laws that I want enacted, but am unwilling to discuss. Instead, I'm going to stick to making virtuous claims and then insult my legislators for not passing laws to inhibit bullying. I can't believe they don't want to pass laws to end bullying! What a bunch of morons! :anger:

Sarcasm off/
I desire to discuss how we might go about further inhibiting bullying with both you and alexxcJRO, but we must do better than "Laws for bulling". Surely you agree? If that is all there is to either of your positions, there is literally nothing to discuss, but I do hear the claim and it is one of virtue.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #287

Post by oldbadger »

Clownboat wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:29 am
oldbadger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:59 am But you don't believe in laws to stop 'bullying'
Please provide evidence for this claim or retract it for being both false and slanderous.
I'm very happy to see this, and clearly you have had a full change of heart about all and any bullying.
That's what friendly discussion is all about, I think.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #288

Post by alexxcJRO »

alexxcJRO wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 am Clownboat: What bullying laws you are referring to that you would like us to adapt?
alexxcJRO: Laws for bullying.
Please up your game.
I asked you what bullying laws you are referring to that you would like us to adapt in order to further this debate. That would give us something productive to talk about.
If you are not even going to try to debate what you want with me, them bow out and stop wasting my time please. You have made your virtuous claim very clear and I agree with it. It appears that your virtuous claim is all you have though. No meat to discuss.
If only you were willing to tell us what you want to become law. :(
We could then discuss such potential laws and maybe they will some day make it in to legislation, but you are unwilling to actually discuss what you want done.
A.
Dude you asked me.
Q: What laws for bulling ?
I answered: laws for bulling that happens online, at schools, at work.
Now you move the goal post.
You want me to make the laws.

B.
Up my game.
Dude you were the worst kind of debater I ever encountered here:
Changhing like the weather: “You were arguing that I am bulling you in a supposed clever way to show how its not ok to have laws for bulling(online).
Suddenly in 255 you have sneaked in "cyber bullying" beside assault or theft where before we only had you mentioning assault or theft. Suddenly its ok to have laws for bulling.
Now you pretend like that never happened.
Dude you never mentioned cyber bullying before post 255.
I argued bulling needs to be punished. Both online and in schools. You were not.”
Your first reply to me was a personal comment: virtue signaling.
Then you whined because I was doing the same.
Bad argument upon bad arguments.
Underage critique. Ridiculous.
Accusing me of equating bulling with physical assault, stealing. Ridiculous. Clearly debunked by my analogy with Big Mac.
Saying that bulling laws are not to be made because we have laws for assault and stealing. Clearly debunked by the fact we have laws for torture.
Moving the goal post. Asking the same question in a pathetic attempt to ignore the obvious points.

Whining about me wasting your time while you were the one first to reply to me on debate a site. Which prompted a debate.

Observation:
The argument was the whole time about existence: whether to exist or not.
Not about what to contain.
alexxcJRO wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 am
Holy monkeys Bat Man! What laws for bullying in schools are you referring to? Let me know so that I can let you know if I agree.
Don't you care about bullying? If you do, please offer up something meaningful for us to discuss, like I would like X, Y and Z enacted in schools to inhibit bullying. This would give us something to discuss. Remember, I'm with you, I am against bullies and bullying and I'm willing to discuss any mechanism you can think of that might be beneficial. Sadly, you have nothing but your virtuous claim so far that I do agree with.
Now join me on my crusade in ending world hunger! Just don't ask me what I have in mind as I only have a virtuous claim to offer. 8-)
Observation:
The argument was the whole time about existence: whether to exist or not.

Please don’t avoid the questions like the plague and don’t bore me with another moving of the goal post:
Q: So do you now agree its ok to have laws for bulling(online) but not laws for bulling that occurs in schools?
Q: If yes why?
Q: If yes now why were you arguing against it before?
Last edited by alexxcJRO on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #289

Post by alexxcJRO »

Clownboat wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:32 am
alexxcJRO wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 am I don't know what is his problem.
It's your focus. Your focus is on me and sounding virtuous.

I promise you, I am fully willing to discuss any laws you would like enacted that you feel will inhibit bullying or would protect potential victims, but you must do better than: "laws for bullying".

I'm not the problem here, your unwillingness to inform the rest of us as to what you think we should consider doing is.
You do love moving the goal post.
The argument was the whole time about existence: whether laws for bulling to exist or not.
I was for existence of such laws you weren't.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #290

Post by Clownboat »

alexxcJRO wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:48 am Q: So do you now agree its ok to have laws for bulling(online) but not laws for bulling that occurs in schools?
Q: If yes why?
Q: If yes now why were you arguing against it before?
Sadly, you did not up your game. :(

In regards to your debate questions... Not only is it ok for us to have laws for online bullying, that is in fact something we already have. We can stop discussing such a thing and now focus on what else (something we don't have) that you want to have. Are you willing and able to articulate for us as to what you want? It's ok if you can't (I don't believe you can at this point) and I still agree with your original virtuous claim.

If you have any debate questions to offer me that are worth a reply, please present them and I'll answer them. I mean actual debate questions though, not slanderous claims. Something that will further the debate.

For example, what bullying laws would you like to see put in place that we don't have already?

Can you do that, or is this just a place for you to be an online bully? What I mean by that is, the way you have spoken to be here online, is not how I would allow you to speak to me in person. You wouldn't dare and you know it, but you are safe to bully here as I'm not weaker then you, so your bullying is ineffective. As we all know, bullies are often cowards and calling someone names and then hiding behind a computer is just what bullies do, even ineffective bullies.

I truly wish that you would offer up a specific bullying law that you want enacted. Then we could discuss that in place of the ineffective bullying behavior that you display here.
Are you here to debate, or bully? Your reply will answer that question.